Adolescence

Pas de Cheval

Ed slowly walked towards me and I could have melted. "I'll be waiting, Jess. Don't think I won't." I smiled and he bent down and kissed me. "You'd better get home," he said. "I'll drive you."

"No, Ed. I have to have a couple of minutes by myself to think about things. I'll call you when I get in." He kissed me on my cheek and walked me to the door.

"Hey," he said and I looked at him. "Be careful." I kissed him coy for a brief second and he opened the door and watched me leave.

I loved him, but I was no where ready to marry him. And what was he? Nevermind. I don't want to know. Why would he tell me now? When I really thought we knew each other, but to find that he isn't even human. I guess it was as good a time as any...But Jesus! Something is peculiar about me, I'm sure of it. As if I had a hard enough time trying to turn heads of those of boys, but the only thing that's attracted to me isn't even my species. But he trusts me, I'm positive. He must have known somehow I'd stayed with him for an eternity, otherwise he would have never told me the secret that lied within. I crossed over the field and saw the upcoming lights of the school. I stuck my hands down into my pockets and I thought on another subject. I should stop smoking. I would look horrible in later years and it really bothered Ed-. I stopped thinking. I was willing to change something about me for him. I got in front of the school and decided to sit across from it and think. It was dark and I could hear noises from the woods behind me, Ah, probably just the rabbits and racoons. I started to feel very sick and I got up and walked as fast as I could to my house and fainted on my bed.

I woke up and looked at the digital giant-numbered clock beside my bed and it was 4:09. "Oh, what is happening? What happened?" I whispered to myself. I heard a knock at my window and I grasped my chest area and almost fell off my bed. "Damnit Ed! You always do that!" I said to myself. I opened the window and he climbed in, sitting against the cement wall.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Nothing, I just don't feel good." He put his hand on my face and stared deeply into my eyes, even though it was dark.

"Maybe you should go to sleep."

"No, I don't want to sleep while you're here. I want to see you as much as possible," I said.

"Well lay down if you don't feel good." He motioned for me to lay down and he layed next to me. "Do you feel better about me? Us?"

"Of course. I don't care what you are. No matter what species you are, I've gotten to know Edward Kristopher Winters and nothing is going to change the way I feel about him."

He rubbed my arm and smiled. "You're awesome. And I'm willing to wait until you're ready to be mine. To really and truly be mine." This time I smiled and we stared at each other for a long while. "You should really go to sleep. I'll come by tomorrow to see you."

I sighed and decided that that was the only way it was going to go smoothly. "Bye Ed, I love you."

He kissed me softly as my eyes were closing. "I love you, too." He climbed out of my window and I went back to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kia made me change everything. Ugh.