Adolescence

Store Bought Bones

I completed my nap and when I woke up, my parents were there. Ah shit. I pretended to still be asleep so I could hear what they were saying. "She skipped 1st-3rd preiod today and then she falls asleep in 4th."

"Oh," I heard my mom say.
Great, now I'm going to get beat when I get home.

-Guy's POV-

I couldn't stop thinking about that girl. I didn't even ask her name. She probably wasn't interested in someone like me. She most likely liked the hardcore moshpit tyoe. That wasn't really me. I looked at the clock. 2:25. Almost time for high school to let out. I figured I'd go meet her.

****

I was standing against the bike rack as the bell rang and I searched carefully for her face. Until finally, I saw her. Behind her parents? She wasn't drop dead gorgeous, but she wasn't unbearable to look at. "Hey!" I said and she looked at me shocked and turned away.

She walked away and mouthed to me, "Later." I watched her slowly walk out of my life. For now.

-My POV-

That guy was starting to freak me out. What was his problem? Metting me at school...He's fricken 20! He was cute, though. I got home and as soon as the door shut, the beating started. "How could you skip classes and get detention? The slut you are, you were probably getting loaded!" About 30 minutes later, it was over and I was for sure I would have fresh bruises everywhere. Fuck if I care. Everyone knows my parents beat me. I was sitting on my bed down in the basement and when I heard some crashes, I figured my parents were passed out. I snuck upstairs and went walking around town with my hands in my Black Sabbath hoodie. I walked back to school and sure enough, Amber was still in the bushes.

"Amber, wake up!"

She stirred. "Huh?"

"You were passed out."

"Oh. Cool!" She nodded and got up, stumbling.

"C'mon let's go be neucences and sit in front of the 7-11."