Adolescence

Sex On Fire

“Billie…”

“Yes?”

“How long have you loved me?”

“As long as I’ve known you. And you?”

I took in the sweet smell of his shirt; nicotine and rich cologne. What smells better than a man in love? “When you opened the door.”

“What took you so long to get to where we are now?” he said getting off the couch.

I shrugged. “Complications. And you know, that one guy.”

“Do you still love him?”

“What?”

“Do you still love him?” he asked exaggerating the syllables. “Because if you do, don’t waste your time with me. I broke it off with Adrienne, Ed broke it off with you, but is this really fate? Are you really the one for me?”

I sat in the upright positioned and pushed my hair straight back. “Of course I still love him, but I don’t feel anything with him like I do with you.” I stood up and walked over to him. “You are the greatest…” I transitioned into my seductive voice. “And your sex is on fire.”

He smiled and bent down into a meaningful kiss. “You don’t know nothing yet,” he said in his seductive voice.

He picked me up and took me outside and put me in the car. I didn’t ask where we were going, I really didn’t care; I was with him. Not since the drummer auditions had I been in his car and it still seemed the same.

He looked over at me with a smirk like ‘I can’t believe’ look. “What?” I asked.

“I can’t believe you haven’t asked me where we’re going.”

“Fine. Where are we going?” I said aimlessly.

“I don’t know. I was hoping you could tell me. I was just gonna drive around without purpose until I thought of something.”

“Los Angeles?”

“Los Angeles? What’s in Los Angeles? Why would you wanna go there?”

“Curiosity…I’m not like you. I won’t be able to tour the world.”

“I highly doubt that. There’s a tiny shred of a possibility that we’ll be known.”

“Now I highly doubt that.”

We drove around for about a half an hour before we finally ended up just pulling back into Billie’s driveway, deciding to watch movies until we fell asleep.
Right…

He sat me down on the couch and went into his room and came out with his guitar, Blue. “What, are you going to play me a song?”

“Would it make it any better if I said it was a song inspired by you, but originally a present for Adie?”

“Eh…”

“Yeah didn’t think so. But it was worth a shot.

I sit alone in my bedroom
Staring at the walls
I've been up all damn night long
My pulse is speeding
My love is yearning

I hold my breath and close my eyes and I dream about her
Cause she's 2000 light years away
She holds my malachite so tight so...
Never let go
Cause she's 2000 light years away

years away

I sit outside and watch the sunrise
Lookout as far as I can
I can't see her, but in the distance
I hear some laughter,
We laugh together

I hold my breath and close my eyes and dream about her
Cause she's 2000 light years away
She holds my malachite so tight so...
Never let go
Cause she's 2000 light years away

Years away

I sit alone in my bedroom
Staring at the walls
I've been up all damn night long
My pulse is speeding
My love is yearning

I hold my breath and close my eyes and dream about her
Cause she's 2000 light years away
She holds my malachite so tight oh,
Never let go
Cause she's 2000 light years away

Years away”

I took his guitar out of his lap and nearly threw it on the ground. I then replaced myself on his lap and put my hands on his face. The small connection of our lips quickly turned into a heated kiss. My legs were wrapped around him and his arms were placed right above my thighs. He scrambled on top of me and broke the alliance of our lips to lift up my Slayer shirt and I giggled. “You know, I’m pretty sure this is illegal,” I said.

He laughed. “No one has to know.”

“I love it when you talk to me like that.”

“I haven’t even started yet.”