Adolescence

After Life of the Party

Amber and I were walking along, then I saw him. He was like a fricken stalker. We turned into the parking lot and he followed. "Hey," he said.

I turned around, "Um hi?"

"Sorry, I must seem like a stalker."

"Yeah," I said putting my hands in my pockets.

"I'm sorry, I wanted to ask your name this morning." I don't want to tell him my name.

"Um...uh..." I started.

"It's Jessica," Amber finished. Thanks Amber.

"Oh, cool name," he said. It's the worst name ever.

"Yourself?" I asked.

"Don't worry about that right now," he said. Ok rapist. Jesus Christ.

"Ok..." I said quietly. "But can I know why you keep stalking me?"

He laughed slightly. "I don't mean to. You just look like an interesting person." What the frick? Obviously he's no good talking to girls.

"Um ok. Thank you?" He smiled. A smile easy to get lost into.

"Hey, you guys want to go to a party with me and my friends?" he asked. Amber and I looked at each other. "There's drugs there," he added.

"Ok let's go," Amber said. We walked behind him, making small comments about the neighborhood. Soon, we were at a small house, one where a single person could live. He opened the door and there were two other guys sitting on the couch.

"Hey guys, I found these girls. This is Jessica, and this is..."

"Amber," she said.

"Right. So you guys ready to do some real partying?" I nodded. He went into the other room as Amber and I sat on the end of the couch.

"Hey," said a guy without a shirt. I scooted away, but Amber scooted towards him.

"Hey," she said seductively. I just stared at Amber. He wasn't that hot.

"Name's John," he said.

"I'm-"

"Amber. I know." She smiled and continued talking to him. The guy came back in the room with beer, some type of drug, and cigarettes.

"Alright. Let's get this party started." The whole thing was just a collage of smoke. I could barely see Amber and she was right next to me. Amber fell against me and I could tell she was passed out.

"Hey guys, I think I'm gonna head home," I said. The guy looked kinda sad, but nodded.

"Good to meet you guys," he said. I got up and helped Amber up.

_______________

I was holding onto her so she wouldn't fall and dropped her off at her sister's house, while I walked further and further to the other side of town to the nice little ghetto neighborhood my house sustained in. Slowly, I cept up to the front door, but didn't want to open it, so I went around the house and snuck into my room by the tiny window. I crash landed on my bed but someone pulled me up by my hair. Mom. "Where the hell were you?" she spat.

"Amber's house," I said quietly.

"I doubt that. If you were, I would have seen you and her when I went over there!" he grip getting tighter every word.

"Let go!" I screamed and slapped her. "I was at her sister's! Both of us! Now would you please back off?!" Hell was in her eyes as I dashed past her and up the stairs. My dad was blocking getting out of the basement, so I went uder his legs and ran out of the house. Running full speed to that guy's house, not sure what he'll do. Pretty soon, I was there and I hesitated whether I should bother him or not. He probably still had a party going on. I knew this was a bad idea. I turned away when I heard the front door open.

"Jessica?" said a tired voice. I turned towards the house and he was standing there scratching his head like he just got up.

"Um hi. I know this sounds crazy, but I was wondering...if um...I could stay here? Tonight?" He looked merely shocked.

"Sure I guess." I smiled and walked up to the door. No one was still there, so I got a good chance to talk to him.

-Guy's POV-

I can't believe Jessica would want to stay with me. I don't know how I was going to keep being erect away from her, since one was already growing. She walked past me and I smelt her sweet shampoo and cigarettes. "Mind if we go in the bedroom?" she asked. WHAT?! "I'm a little tired." Oh.

"Yeah, you can sleep on the bed."

"Where are you going to sleep?" she asked.

"Oh, I'll just sleep on the couch here." She shook her head.

"No, I can't kick you out of your bed. I'll sleep on the couch." Oh shit. It was coming up like vomit.

"We can sleep together," I blurted and she crooked her eyebrows. "I mean, not like that, but..." Just shut up.

She smiled and said, "Sure." We walked down the hallway to the bedroom and she laid down and I laid next to her, her facing me. "So," she started. "Let's start by telling me your name. You already know mine." I hesitated. I don't want to tell her because she'll know who I am. I contemplated for about 15 seconds and decided to tell Jess my name.

"Billie." I waited three seconds and she didn't say anything and I figured I fucked it up. But I looked down at her and she was asleep.