Adolescence

The Littlest Things

-My POV-

I woke up and that guy had his arm around me. Ok...awkward... I moved slightly to get out of his grip and decided to look around his house. To find something about his mysterious life. He looked so familiar. I went into his bathroom to wash my face and then I saw it. A cigarette. Searching desparately for a lighter, I found one and lit ip up. I looked in the mirror. This wasn't me. What was I kidding? What do I care? I kept inhaling it and when it was done, I went into the kitchen to find something to eat. About 5 minutes later, I was eating a bowl of cereal and as I was finishing up, I was writing a note to him. I cleaned the bowl and left his house and went to my Saturday job.

-Billie's POV-

I suddenly awoke, remembering Jessica was here. Nope. She had already left. I went into the bathroom and saw that my last cigarette was just a butt now. Well, she was the guest. I went to the kitchen and saw a note.
Hey, thank you so much for letting me stay the night. You don't know what it means to me. Thanks again, Billie.
-Jess


She knows my name? I thought she fell asleep...

-My POV-

I was walking into Faye's Music, where I worked on Saturdays. "Jessica, You're late," Faye yelled.

"Sorry. I wasn't at home last night."

"That's not my problem." She handed me my vest and I put it on.

****

Reading a magazine at the counter and drinking a cup of coffee from the Starbucks across the street, I heard the bell ring as someone walked in. "Welcome to Faye's Music. If you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask me," I said not looking up.

"Hey Jess," I heard and looked up.

"Oh, hey Amber."

"I tried to call you last night. You didn't answer."

"I wasn't home," I said quietly.

"Where were you?" Amber asked, confused.

"Um that guy's house," I said not speaking for the first few seconds then replied like it was no big deal. She stared at me with wide eyes.

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah. I don't think I can go back home."

"They found out you were gone?"

"Mhm." I took another sip of coffee.

"So did you-"

"No."

-Billie's POV-

Just as she had come into my life, she had left just as easily. I dearly wished she was mine. I got some beer out of the fridge and sat on the couch, watching TV. Someone knocked on the door. "Oh hey John."

"Hey I've been thinking, Bill."