Status: Decided not to do a sequel... Sorry! But I've got a new story that I'm starting and three to finish! Maybe another time I'll write a sequel to this one.. who knows.

I'll Be There For You.

Would You Like Me To Read It To You?

The shrill sound of the phone woke me up in the morning, making me groan as it hurt my already pounding head. Maybe it wasn’t such a good idea to go out. I thought and got up. I grabbed the phone and noticed that it was the orphanage calling.
“Hello.” I said groggily and then cleared my throat.
“Is this Matthew Sanders?” A lady asked sounding like the one I had talked to two days ago.
“Speaking.” I replied.
“This is Caroline Winter from the orphanage; social serviced contacted me and said that everything went well.” She told me and I felt the excitement run through me.
“Does this mean that I can meet her?” I asked with the biggest grin on my face.
“Yes, I was thinking maybe today at three, is that good for you?” She asked.
“Sounds perfect.” I replied.
“Alright, I’ll see you then.”
“Bye.” I said and we hung up.
I glanced at the clock by my bed, it was one. Perfect, I thought. That’s just enough time to shower and get there.
I wasted no time in going to the bathroom; I took my boxers off and jumped in the shower. The hot water hitting my body made me feel less hung-over and slowly my headache was disappearing.
Once I was done in the shower, I got dressed in “nice clothes” which consisted of black jeans and a button down long sleeved shirt and made my way downstairs.
I walked into the kitchen and grabbed the bottle of Tylenol, taking three out. I swallowed them, then drank some tap water to wash them down and took the cereal out of the cupboard.
When I was ready, it was quarter after two and being as excited as I was, decided that it wouldn’t hurt to be early and left.

“Hey Jimmy.” I said into my phone when he answered.
“What’s up Matt?” He asked sounding half asleep.
“I’m on my way to the orphanage to meet her.” I told him, grinning to myself.
“Really? Fuck that’s awesome man!” Jimmy exclaimed.
“I know.” I replied.
“What happens after that?” He asked.
“If everything goes well, she can stay for the weekend.”
“Can I meet her?!” Jimmy asked excitedly causing me to laugh.
“Jim, it might not even happen, but if it does then you can be the first.”
“Sweet!” He practically yelled.
“Well I’m here, so I’ll call you later.” I told him.
“See you man.” He replied and hung up without saying goodbye.
As I walked into the building, I started to get nervous and slowed my pace. I found my way to the office and knocked on the door.
“Come in.” Mrs. Winter called out. I opened the door and walked in.
“Good afternoon Mr. Sanders.” She said as I sat down.
“Hey, please call me Matt.” I told her.
“Well Matt, I’m going to explain to you a couple things and then you can meet Meghan.” She said and I nodded eagerly.
“You’ll meet her in the playroom, there she’ll be more comfortable and won’t feel threatened. There will be someone supervising at all times and others will be in the room as well. Also, we ask that you don’t mention the fact that you could become her adoptive parent and don’t ask about her past.” Caroline explained.
“No problem.” I replied rubbing the back of my neck.
“You nervous?” She asked and for the first time she actually smiled at me.
“Just a little.” I admitted, smiling back.
“Don’t worry; she’s a sweet little girl.” Caroline said. I nodded and we both stood.
I followed her down the hall and into a room on the left. There were a couple of people already in there along with a few kids. As I scanned the room, I noticed her sitting in the corner all by herself looking at a book.
“Meghan is over there.” The lady told me pointing over to her.
“I know.” I replied.
“You can go and speak to her.” She said.
“Alright.” I gulped nervously. I left Caroline’s side and slowly walked to where Meghan was sitting and knelt down in front of her.
“Hi.” I said gently, causing her to look up from her book.
“Hello…” She stammered nervously.
“What’s your name?” I asked.
“My name’s Meghan.” She replied.
“That’s a pretty name.” I told her.
“Tank you.”
“My name’s Matt.” I told her.
“Hi Matt.” Meghan said with a small smile.
“What’re you reading?” I asked her.
“I can’t read, I’m too little, I like the pictures.” She replied shyly.
“Would you like me to read it to you?” I asked, sitting down beside her.
“Yes please.” She replied and handed me the book. I took it from her and began to read.
I was halfway through the book, showing her the pictures as I went when I felt a little hand on my shoulder. I looked over as Meghan quickly pulled her hand away and looked scared.
“Sowwy.” She said, her voice trembling.
“It’s alright, did you want something?” I asked.
“What that in you ear?” She asked curiously as she stood up and timidly touched my earlobe.
“Oh, that’s just my earring.” I told her. She gently pulled on it, then let go.
“Why do you have a earring?” She asked.
“Because I like them.” I told her smiling.
“I want earrings like you too.” Meghan replied.
“Maybe when you get older, you can get some too.” I said with a double meaning.
“Do you want to color with me?” She asked changing the subject.
“Sure.” I replied smiling at her. I stood up and Meghan stared up at me.
“You’re big.” She stated, making me laugh.
“That I am.” I replied.
Meghan took my hand in her little one and brought me to a little metal table. I wasn’t sure whether the chair would hold me or not, but turned it sideways and sat down anyways. Meghan opened a coloring book and handed me a crayon.
“You color this.” She told me pointing at a cartoon dog.
Our coloring didn’t get very far because Meghan turned to a new page every couple seconds and then got distracted.

We were sitting on the floor, playing with a few stuffed animals when Caroline came over. I stood up when she was in front of us and she smiled.
“Did you have fun with Matt, Meghan?” She asked the little girl.
“Yes, he read me a book and we colored!” She replied with a grin on her face.
“Well that was nice of him.” Mrs. Winter said.
“I had fun.” I told her and then smiled down at Meghan.
“Meghan, how would you like to go and stay with Matt for a couple days?” Caroline asked much to my surprise and I couldn’t help but grin.
“Can I really?” Meghan asked looking at me, her eyes shining.
“Sure, we’ll have lots of fun.” I told her.
“Very well then, say bye to Matt, Meghan. He’ll come pick you up in two days.”
“Bye!” She said, waving at me.
“I’ll see you soon.” I told her and followed the director as she walked away.
♠ ♠ ♠
here's the second chapter:) hope you like it..comment and tell me what you think..

oh and if you dont understand - “Maybe when you get older, you can get some too.” I said with a double meaning. - he means that if he adopts her that he would let her when shes older but she doesnt take it that way.