In My Life

Start

-Jill's point of view-

"Look. I'm not asking for much, just a nicer font! All you have to do is highlight the text on the computer hit 'font' and change it! Nobody likes 'Arial Narrow'! It's awkward!"

My eyes rolled. I couldn't help it. Jon was still carrying on a debate that had originated during the Palo Verde Newspaper meeting. His red razor looked insanely fragile clasped in his tight hands. The editor, Cash Colligan, was most likely shouting at him from the other end of the line from across campus.

It was a usual Thursday. An early morning paper meeting, followed by a free first period. I hated the idea of having to remain indoors for the next 6 periods though.

Olivia, Jon, Ryan, and I were all heading towards our second period French class. I sent a quick text to Spencer asking if he has remembered to give my best friend Allison her coffee.
His reply had confirmed her caffeine needs had been met, but also suggested that Brendon had been causing problems for her when he left them. I made a mental note to apologize to her for leaving him with her later.

I glanced at Olivia to shoot her a look to mock Jon's frustrating phone call, but she was talking to Ryan about a homework assignment that she needed his help on for their shared Math class. Her curly brown hair was shielded by a green beanie, and she tugged at her matching plaid shirt while she told ryan about how difficult she had found one of the more challenging problems. Ryan was shaking his head, indicating to her that he was listening and ready to help, but I had noticed early that morning when we had met at the meeting that his golden eyes were blurred from lack of sleep.

"No Cash. Just change it."
Jon had no official authority in the paper, but I was pretty sure that Cash would always end up doing what Jon told him to. Jon scared him.

Jon wasn't an intimidating person, he wore flip-flops, had a thing for kittens, and could brew the best coffee around Vegas, but when he was angry he could scare.

Jon hung up the phone and let out a long sigh. After he was finished letting out the extra air, he gave me a hug,
"I never properly said 'Hello' to you this morning, did I?"
"No. You were busy arguing. I forgive you though, mainly because Arial Narrow does make my brain cry."

He laughed and held the door open for our group as we entered our French class.
Our teacher hadn't entered the room by the time the fell signifying the start of class sounded, so we took our seats and the class chatted while we silently prayed that our teacher wouldn't show up.

"Did Spencer get Allison her coffee?" Olivia asked, giggling a bit as Jon tripped over his flip-flops on the way to his desk.

"Yeah, Spence said that Brendon was making getting to class difficult for her though."
At the mention of Brendon's name, Ryan's head whipped towards me from his position at the desk to the left of mine.

"What did he do?"
"I don't know, Spencer didn't elaborate because he was on his way to Latin, but I'll find our and tell you, I have PAC next period with her."

"I can't wait for Performing Arts Class next semester!" Jon squealed excitedly, but our conversation couldn't continue because our teacher, Mademoiselle Pope, entered the classroom.

"Bonjour class!"

I met my eyes with Ryan's and he made a 'Here we go' face, before entire class simultaneously answered her "Bonjour Mademoiselle."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm going to try to update at least once a week. So check for updates if you're interested. :) As always, comments are appreciated (and useful) so leve 'em ;)
<3