Status: Active

Broken Promises

Broken Promises Ch. 1

She ran as far as she could. Anything to get away from him. After running for fifteen minutes she felt like she would collapse. Luckily there was a party in the house she had stopped by. She walked inside, since the door was open. It let in a blast of fast-paced rock. My kind of party. She noticed the artist playing as Pinhead Gunpowder. There was a mosh pit in the living room and she jumped in, punching and kicking to the music. It took her mind off of what had happened, and it released years of pent up frustration.

Delaney was not exactly a goody two shoes, but she still did what was expected of her. Which wasn’t very much. Most of the people around her stopped expecting great things from her. She was a slacker in high school and didn’t want to go to college. She had a job at the local supermarket, bagging groceries. It was monotonous and she felt like she was wasting away.

“Hey, want a drink?” Delaney looked up at the man who said this. Well, more like down since he was shorter than she was. Her jaw dropped when she saw who it was.

“You-you’re-”

“Billie Joe Armstrong. I know I’m so amazing you must observe every inch of me,” he smirked at her as he said this.

Delaney was blushing profusely while he said this. “I’m sorry, it’s just-”

“I’m the lead singer of your favorite band and you have a crush on me?”

She was embarrassed now. “Fuck off.”

“Oh, but I’d rather fuck on.”

“Don’t you have a wife?” She put emphasis on the word “wife”.

He was quiet for a few seconds, then replied, “She left me.”

Delaney blinked. “Whaaaat?”

“My reaction, as well as Joey, Jakob, Mike, and Tre.”

“I’m so sorry.” She hugged him. He hugged her back. While they hugged, the people around them avoided them, so after a minute they were in their own corner of the room.

“I didn’t get your name?”

“It’s Delaney.”

“Want a drink Delaney?”

“Why the fuck not?”

He smirked faintly and said, “I’ll go get you one,” and left.

Delaney’s brain was whirring. Billie Joe fucking Armstrong! Oh my God. I never thought this would happen. I’ve always had dreams about this happening, but never thought they would become realities. I thought he and Adrienne would last forever. They were the perfect couple! Why the hell did she leave him? That’s fucking crazy.

Billie had come back in the middle of her thought session. He poked her in the arm when he got bored of watching her stare into space. She blinked after he poked her. “I was staring off into space, wasn’t I? I’m sorry. That happens a lot. I have ADHD and sometimes I just can’t focus, and I think about stuff all the time. Shit, I’m rambling. Sorry.” She took the drink he was holding out to her and took a generous sip. He just smirked. She rolled her eyes.

“Can you stop that?”

“Stop what?”

“Smirking.”

“Why? Does it bug you?” He stepped closer to her.

“Uh, no,” she was surprised at his closeness and backed up. She never thought it would happen, and not like this.

“I think it does.” He stepped closer, making Delaney back into the wall. He pressed his hips against hers. “This doesn’t affect you at all?” His voice was seductive and mocking. To Delaney, it was infuriating. She was affected, very much so. It was taking all the self control she had not to grab him, throw him to the floor, and do unmentionable things to him. But she wouldn’t let that happen, however much she wanted to. His wife had just left him, and he was covering his depression with drinking and mindless sex with strangers. She didn’t want to be one of the many. If ever, she wanted a meaningful relationship with him, not just a one night stand. Which is why she summoned all the strength she had, mental and physical, and pushed him away.

“I can’t do this,” she said as she walked away.

He stood there, bewildered. She sees right through me. He didn’t know why, but he called after her. Delaney didn’t hear him because the music was so loud, but he say which way she had gone. Outside on the porch is where he found her. He sat next to her quietly. The emotions built up inside him, and he leaned his head on her shoulder and cried. She put her arms around him, glad to be a friend for him in his hour of need. She rubbed his back comfortingly until his eyes ran dry.

“Thank you,” he said quietly, his head still on her shoulder.

“No problem, Billie.”