Status: In the process of being re-posted.

I Can Taste The Failure On Your Lips

Part Twelve

The next morning, Kaite jolted out of my bed. I was still in my pajamas on the floor, curled up in my sleeping bag, reading a book. I had only gotten about two hours of sleep last night due to the fact that I was thinking way too much, like usual. I started reading around six, and fell asleep around nine. It was now one-forty five, and I was reading again. I looked up at Kaite and chuckled. Her bangs were sticking up and the back of her head looked like a haystack. She looked around the room before her eyes fell on me, and she sighed in relief.

“I thought I had been slipped the date drug.” She said as she put her hand up to her forehead. “What ‘appened?”

“Well, you took me to a party, left me, broke up with your boyfriend, got really drunk, gave Matt Kean a lap dance, pulled Oli’s hair, and passed out in the backseat of your car.” I replied. She then dashed for the small trashcan that was in the corner of my room and proceeded to vomit. “And, now you’re puking in my trashcan.”

She laughed, and wiped her mouth. “I gave Matt Kean a lap dance?” She asked, as if it was the most disgusting thing she could have ever done. I’m sure she’s done worse in her past. I nodded at her and she leaned back over the trashcan. “I pulled Oli’s hair?”

I nodded again and she sighed. “It was quite funny.” I replied.

“I broke up with my boyfriend, and I don’t even know why.” She sighed again and put her hand back on her forehead. I came to join her at her side and started rubbing her back.

“He left you for some ‘bitch’ and you broke up with him.” I said.

She looked up at me and smiled. “Thank yeh for bein’ so nice to me.”

“Don’t worry about it.” I handed her two Advil and a bottle of water.

“I consider yeh a close friend.” She said. “If that’s not weird.”

Kaite left after I fixed her and Petunia some toast. They seemed to get along quiet well. I mean, Petunia used to be a stripper, and Kaite is a sex addict. Such a nice match up. I told her she could come back anytime, and if she ever needed anything to call. If it wasn’t for the fact that I had known Jordan longer, I would call Kaite my best friend. Sure, I only had known her for a week, but it had been one hell of a week, and she was there to talk to me, and give some advice.

I hadn’t checked my phone since last night. I wasn’t surprised when there were no missed calls or no new text messages. The last time I had spoken to Daniel was Tuesday night and it did not end well. He had been arrested for starting a fight in a bar, and he had no one to come and get him out of jail. He wasted his phone call on me, his sister, who was in a completely different country, instead of calling his mother, or one of his friends. But, that wasn’t what had started the fight to begin with. It was when I confronted him about it. When I asked him why he had been acting up all of the sudden. He then, as hard as he could, tried to flip the situation on me, and say that I wasn’t there to take care of him, and it was my fault that he was in jail. When he figured out that I wasn’t going to let him blame it all on me, he hung up.

That same night, I called Jordan. I knew that she was having problems with her boyfriend, Caleb, but I needed to know if she knew anything about Danny. Jordan used to date one of his good friends, Dakota, and the last I heard they were still on talking basis. She told me that Daniel was having problems with money, problems with his job, problems with girls, and problems with mom. I then came to the conclusion that Daniel was spending all of his money on alcohol or drugs, he wasn’t going into work, his girlfriend had dumped him, and he was trying to mooch off of mom. When I came to that conclusion I wondered why he hadn’t told me.

I tried to call him Wednesday, but he didn’t answer. I hadn’t heard if he had gotten out of jail, if he was at home, if he was dead. I called him back on Thursday, only to have him pick up the phone and hang it right back up. I knew that he had answered, because I could hear the TV on in the background before he hung up. I tried the apartment phone yesterday morning, but it only went to our voicemail, and I left a message.

“Hey Dan, it’s your sister. I hope you’re doing well, I’m sorry, and I love you. Please call me back if you get this. I miss you, bye.”

Obviously, he hasn’t called back.

We had no bread at the house after I used the last pieces on toast for this morning. We didn’t have any milk either, and I wanted to try to make some cupcakes tonight. It was weird how I had gotten into cooking when I came here. Eating experiment food that I had made was better than eating oatmeal, and Petunia didn’t seem to care one way or the other. I took a short shower, washing of the smell of cigarettes and alcohol from last night, and when I got out I got dressed, made a small list, and headed out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
booooringgg