Status: In the process of being re-posted.

I Can Taste The Failure On Your Lips

Part Twenty

“My favorite color is red.”

“Red can’t be yeh favorite color.” He replied.

“Why not?” I asked.

“Because, red makes people angry. It’s the worst favorite color in the world.”

“Well, what’s you’re favorite color then?”

“Green. It makes people peaceful, and it looks good on me.” He said. He was such a girl.

“Green is ugly.” I said. “Red is beautiful. It’s the color of love.”

“It’s the color of the Devil too.”

I had spent all of the next day telling myself that I would gladly decline Oliver next time he came around.

I only went half way though, declining Anna on her offer to come pick me up and give me a ride to his house so everyone could hang out, but accepting his request to be let in, ten minuets after Anna had called and I said no. He showed up on my doorstep with snow in his hair, a t-shirt, and his usual skinnies. I personally think he showed up like that so he would have an excuse to be let into my house, seeing as It was snowing and he had to have been cold. I couldn’t let him have come all the way, two streets over, here and reject him entrance. Well, I could have, but I didn’t.

I had told myself that Oliver and I, and what we did last night, which was nothing more than making out in the backseat of his car, was just a one time thing. It would never happen again, but when he came here tonight, it just happened all over again. Only this time we were on my bed.

After we both got sick of the taste of the other’s mouth, we just laid there, staring at the glow in the dark stars I had recently stuck to my ceiling, listening to New Found Glory, and talking.
We talked for hours about everything. We talked about movies, we talked about music, we talked about aliens, superheroes, television, we told stupid jokes to each other, we talked about what his songs meant, America, how he couldn’t wait until his band got big enough to tour there, and tattoos.

Even though we had only been talking for a total of two and a half hours, I had already felt like I was getting to know, really know, Oliver Sykes.

“Whatever, you’re just pissy because you’re color sucks.” I said.

“It’s better than red.”

“Red and green go together, so you can’t say shit.”

“Only at Christmas, any other time they look like fuckin’ shit together.”

He had a point. “What’s you’re favorite holiday?”

“Halloween.” He replied quickly.

“Of course, I should’ve known that one.” I said. “I get to ask another one.”

“No, yeh don’t.” He laughed. “Why’d yeh come ‘ere?”

“Come where?” I asked, dumbly. He gave me that ‘where else’ look. “Petunia needed taking care of. If someone didn’t come here she would’ve had to go into a nursing home, so my mom sent me out here. I didn’t want to come; I hated her for making me go. She probably doesn’t even care if Petunia gets taken care of or dies. She can’t stand her. I’m glad I came now, though. But if I would’ve never met y- All of you guys, I would probably still hate it.”

He didn’t say anything, and I actually had to look over at him to see if he was awake still. When I did, I saw that he was just looking up at the ceiling. I just had the biggest urge to just to crawl on top of him and fully maul him to death. I didn’t though.

“What are you thinking about?” I asked.

“What I would be doin’ right now if I weren’t here.”

“Missing out?” I asked and sat up.

“Pretty much.”

He pulled his eyes off of the ceiling and grinned at me. I leaned down and kissed him lightly on the lips.

Every time I did kiss him, the voice in the back of my head told me how wrong it was to be doing this to Curtis. But, it wasn’t wrong if no one found out. I had fully convinced myself of that. We could do this every single night, and it would be perfectly fine as long as no one knew. So far, no one did know.

“I need to go.” He said, and I frowned. “I don’ need Thomas askin’ questions.”

I nodded. “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

He smiled. “As long as yeh want me, I’ll be ‘ere.”

With that, he let himself out of my room and out of my house.
♠ ♠ ♠
uh ohh, sneaky time.