Status: In the process of being re-posted.

I Can Taste The Failure On Your Lips

Part Twenty One

Last night’s conclusion should’ve gone like this:

““I’ll see you tomorrow?” I asked, looking up at him with wide eyes.

He smiled. “As long as yeh want me, I’ll be ‘ere.”

“But I want you here now, does that mean you’ll stay?” I asked again.

He smiled widely and picked me up bridal style, laying me down on the bed and kissing me passionately. “Yes, I’ll stay.”


I sat on the couch, drinking a nice cup of hot tea, alone, thinking about that. I ran the scenario in my head over and over and over again until Petunia came from her bedroom. Her rose colored slippers shuffled across the hardwood floor as she passed into the kitchen, and emerged into the living room with an identical coffee mug in her hand.

“How late were yeh up talkin’ with Curtis?” She asked, pushing her glasses up the bridge of her nose and looking at me. “Did yeh even go to sleep?”

Petunia’s bedroom was right next to mine in this three bedroom house. The third bedroom was used for all of Petunia’s old things that she never uses anymore and that someday, after she dies, I will probably have to get rid of. I just looked at her and blinked my eyes a few times. “Yeah, He just got home last night, and he wanted to come over and see me. He left though, he was tired.”

“Ah, are yeh goin’ over his house today?” She asked.

She knew that if Curtis was home that I would be with him, probably. But, Curtis wasn’t home, but to cover up for the lie that I had just told, I had to lie again, and say that I was going over to his house. When in reality, if I went over his house, I would be bored to death, because no one was home. “Yeah, I’ll go over later. He’s sleeping right now probably.”

My phone then rang, I checked the caller ID to see none other than Curtis’ name blinking on the screen. I slid off of the couch and went into my room before answering. “Hello?”

“Yeh know what’s a fuckin’ bitch?” He yelled.

“What?” I asked.

“The plane is delayed, and we can’t go nowhere for at least two fuckin’ days.” He replied. I could hear his mother in the background telling him to watch his language. “Two days.” He said again in a calmer voice.

Two days. That meant that I had at least one more night with Oliver, hopefully two. That meant that in two days, hopefully three, I wouldn’t get to spend anymore ‘alone’ time with him. That meant that soon everything would go back to normal. Oliver would go back to be a jerk, because that’s what happened whenever Curtis and I were together, and he would go back to sucking on every other random girl’s face. It meant that nothing we were doing mattered, if nothing was going to change.

“That really sucks.” I said quietly.

“Yeah, I know. I miss yeh.”

“I miss you too.” I smiled into the phone.

I could miss him for two more days if it meant getting more time with Oliver.

“I still need to give you the gift that I got you.” I said.

“Yeh don’t ‘ave to give me anythin’.” He said. “All yeh got to do is be there when my plane lands.”

“I can do that, and give you your gift.” I replied.

I don’t know why I was pushing giving it to him when he said I didn’t need to. If anything ever happened to cause our break up, the gift wouldn’t even matter.

===

I decided to go over to Tom and Oli’s. I didn’t wan to go to the library, for fear that Kaite would be there and if we got into another one of our deep discussions about life while we were on our break, I would accidentally slip up about Oli and I. Though, it was Kaite, and I wouldn’t be that stupid to tell her. But, I’ve never been good with keeping secrets, either. Not even secrets that were my own.

When I knocked on the door and waited a few moments, Oliver opened up the door in nothing but his boxers and a toothbrush sticking out the side of his mouth. He widened his eyes at me before pulling the toothbrush from his mouth and spitting toothpaste out over the railing of his porch.

“What’re doin’ here?” He asked.

“I actually came to spend sometime with your brother.” I half lied.

“Well, yeh shit out of luck. Tom is with Anna and Matt.” He smirked. “Yeh can still come in if yeh want.”

I nodded and followed him through his house, up the stairs and into his bedroom. It was very, very cluttered. He picked up a shirt off of the floor and slid it over his head, before sitting down on the bed.

I took a seat in the desk chair that he had. He raised his eyebrows, probably surprised by the fact that I didn’t join him on his messed up bed.

“So, Curtis’ flight has been delayed.” I said. For some reason, it was weirdly awkward.
“What does that mean?” He reached over and picked up the remote off of his side table and turned down the volume slightly on the TV.

I then decided that it would be the best idea for me, if I wanted to get the most out of the time that I had with him, to remove my bag from my shoulder, take off my jacket, and shoes, and crawl in bed next to him. I laid my head on his shoulder, and he twirled a lock of my hair around his index finger. “It means that I want to spend every minuet that I have with you, while I can.”

I felt him kiss the top of my forehead and I smiled. "Good answer."

===

We spent the rest of the day making out and watching movies. My shirt and my jeans were on the floor, and I was straddling his hips, hands tangled in the back of his hair. I really meant what I said, because he was well, going to go right back to his old ways.

He even admitted that things weren't going to be the same when Curtis came back. At least, not while anyone was around. He said that he could still come over at night. But, he wasn't making any promises to how he was going to act while Curtis was around.

Oli pulled away quickly and looked at his door. "Tom's home."

I threw him his shirt, and slid mine on over my head, trying to fix my hair as I did so. I pulled my jeans on and then sat cross legged on Oli's bed, trying to act as normal as I could, before Tom knocked on and opened the door. "Hi Tom!"

He just looked at me with furrowed eyebrows and narrowed eyes. "Something goin' on here?"

"I came to see you, but you weren't here. So, Oli invited me in and we were watching some TV, and talking about the band."

"I got those pictures yeh wanted." He said, walking out of Oli's room and down the hall to what I was guessing, his room. He motioned for me to follow him.

"Be right there." I called after him, standing up to get my shoes and bag.

I looked at Oli who was just looking at me with wide eyes.

No one knew and that was how it needed to stay.

"Tonight?" He whispered, before I got out of his room. I nodded, and then proceeded to Tom's.
♠ ♠ ♠
what's happening tonight?