Status: In the process of being re-posted.

I Can Taste The Failure On Your Lips

Part Twenty Three

I was beyond surprised that he was still next to me when I woke up. I was sure that he would leave; actually I was completely positive that he would. I felt something rubbing circles into my side and opened my eyes to see those perfect eyes staring and those perfect lips smiling at me. I smiled and turned so that I was facing him. He reached down and kissed my nose, which I then wrinkled up.

“Yeh so tiny.” He whispered, taking my hand and kissing each of my fingertips.

“I’ll take that as a compliment.” I replied, turning my head to look at the clock.

“Yeh should.” He followed my gaze and then sighed. “I should go.” He replied. His arms un-wrapped themselves from my waist and he sat up.

It was my turn to sigh now. “Why?”

“’Cause, yeh boyfriend’s goin’ to be home in an hour.” He said.

“Oh, right.” I had honestly forgotten about Curtis, I guess Oliver has that effect on me at times.

“So, I will see yeh later.” He said and I nodded. He slid out of bed and searched around the room for his shirt. When he found it he slid it over his head, ruffled his hair and started for the door.

“Use the window.” I said. “Petunia is awake.” I could hear the news on in the living room.

Oli nodded, went to the window and unlatched it. But, before he left he came back to the bed and gave me a quick peck on the lips. “See yeh.”

I just sat there staring at the window that he had disappeared out of, thinking over the events of last night. What I had done and what I had given up. How I wouldn’t have traded that night for the world. I’ve never felt better in my entire life. Sex really is worth it, why people wait so long I have no idea.

When I realized that staring at the window was completely pointless, and that I needed to get ready and go over to Curtis’ house, I got up and headed into the living room. Petunia was sitting there, drinking her usual cup of coffee or tea. I said good morning to her and then grabbed myself my own hot beverage.

I grabbed two towels and headed into the bathroom to wash off any remains of Oliver that were left on me. After my shower, I dried my hair, put some curling mousse in, and slipped into a pair of dark red skinny jeans and black v-neck. I said goodbye to Petunia and made my way to Curtis’ house.

---

When I stepped through the threshold, the first thing I noticed – when I should’ve noticed my boyfriend – was Oliver lying on the couch. If it hadn’t been for the fact that we were in someone else’s house, I would’ve attacked the boy. Curtis shut the door behind me and Oli peeked an eye open and after he saw it was me, he opened both eyes, and sat up. He had straightened his hair since I had saw him last, and it was very disappointing. Though, we were around other people, there was no need in trying to impress anyone. I looked up at Curtis who was just smiling at me.

“Yeh look beautiful babe.” He said. “Yeh practically glowin’.”

Yeah, because I had the time of my life with your best friend last night. “Thank you.”

He leaned me up against the door and planted a big, sloppy kiss on my lips. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Oliver make a gag face and get up and go in the kitchen. What did he expect me to just ignore Curtis the whole time he was around? Curtis pulled away, breathless and smiled at me once more. “I missed yeh so fuckin’ much.”

“I missed you too.” I said, and slid the present that I had into his hands. “This is for you.”

I stepped out of my flats and Curtis just sighed. “I told yeh that yeh didn’t ‘ave to get me anything.”

“Well, I did.” Oliver was still in the kitchen, and I frowned. “I’m thirsty.”

“Here, I’ll get it.” Curtis offered.

“Babe, just open the gift. I’ll get some water.”

When I got into the kitchen, Oliver was sitting up on the counter with a can of coke in his hand. His legs were slightly swinging underneath him, and he didn’t look at me, he just kept his gaze to the floor. I passed him and went to the cupboard to grab a glass, fill it with ice and water.

“Yeh really do look beautiful.” He whispered.

I had him to thank for that. “Thank you.”

He didn’t respond, he only hopped off of the counter and retreated back to the living room. I emptied my full glass of water into the sink and went to join them. Curtis was sitting on the couch holding the collage that Tom and I had put together. He smiled widely at me and then looked back down at it.

“Yeh hate these pictures.” He said.

“Yeah, but you love them.” I said, plopping down on the couch next to him.

I didn’t even hear Matt Nicholls and Lee enter the house, but they had arrived and were now plugging the gaming system into Curtis’ television. “Thanks, hun. I’m goin’ to be honest and say that I thought yeh were goin’ to get yeh somethin’ completely ridiculous.”

“I’m glad you’re happy.” I said, and he kissed my neck, much like Oli had. Only, Curtis’ lips were smooth and never chapped, and his teeth were a tad more crooked.

“I am very happy.” He said. “I ‘ave yeh, and I couldn’t be better.”

Something in that statement made my stomach drop to my knees. It felt like someone had dropped an anvil on me, and I felt really bad. I am a firm believer in Karma, and how things that go around come back around twice as hard, and if I hurt Curtis, I would surely be in for some shit. It made me want to kill Oliver, just so that I would never be tempted again. But, when I looked at the boy who was sitting on the floor chatting aimlessly with Matt, I automatically felt stupid for saying that. I could never cut things with him. I mean, who would? Honestly, the boy is all I could’ve ever asked for. But, so is Curtis.

I am so confused and have no idea what to do.

There was really one person in this country who I could talk to about this.

But, that person just happens to be my boyfriend’s ex-girlfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
>-<