Status: In the process of being re-posted.

I Can Taste The Failure On Your Lips

Part Twenty Six

“I didn’t think it would upset yeh so much.” He said as we walked up his back porch stairs and into his house. I knew that when we turned up the sidewalk to his house what this night would become. To be honest, I was glad that this was happening. One, because if this didn’t happen, I could cal him a liar. Two, I would have something to rub in that pathetic excuse for a human being’s face, if it ever came to that.

“Well then you aren’t as smart as I thought you were.” I replied, taking hold of his hand as he led us up the staircase and to his room. It was cleaner than it had been the last time that I had been here.

He let out a light laugh and shut the door behind me. “No, I mean what Curtis did.” He said.

What Curtis did didn’t upset me as much as Oliver and Brittany. I was half way expecting the Curtis ordeal, but to see some skanky tart with her tongue down Oli’s throat, pretty much hit me out of nowhere. Maybe if he hadn’t told me that even though Curtis was back in town that we would continue what we were doing, I wouldn’t have minded as much. No, it really didn’t matter. I scoffed and rolled my eyes and I was thankful that he probably couldn’t see due to the dim lighting. “Why are you dating her?” I asked, already knowing the answer, the bullshit answer that everyone kept giving me. “I mean, have you seen her or are you completely blind? Are you trying to play a game, or something?” I asked, raising my voice.

He smiled and shook his head, running a hand through his hair as he did. “I ain’t playin’ a game.” He said, taking my hands in his. “And yes, I ‘ave seen ‘er. I jus’, I were mad alrigh’? I thought that, after seein’ that gift yeh put together for Curtis, that yeh wanted to be with ‘im more. I figured that I were always goin’ to be second, that we were never goin’ to ‘ave something’ like that.” He wrapped my arms around his neck and put hi hands on my thighs. “Brittany is jus’, she were jus’, something’ to keep me occupied.”

“Why would I do that for you if I didn’t want to be with you? Curtis was my first boyfriend, he was my first kiss, he was amazing. But you, you were the guy that I really wanted, and I thought that you hated me. I got in that car with you that night, I danced with you, I kissed you back, I lost my fucking virginity to you, because I wanted to. I wouldn’t do that with someone who was just second best. I’m sure Curtis would’ve been more than willing to sleep with me, but no, it had to be you. I didn’t want Curtis like I wanted you.” I said, dropping my hands off of his shoulders. “So cut out this stupid act, Curtis already knows, there is no need in hiding anymore. If you want to be with me, then do it already.”

It didn’t take him long to react. He picked me up letting my legs wrap around his waist and laid us both down on the bed. His mouth moved from the base of my neck to the corner of my mouth and he stopped there, as if he was teasing me in some way. I put my hand on the back of his neck and pulled him to me, I didn’t want to wait for him, I wanted him now. He smiled into the kiss and began to unbutton my shirt slowly.

“What are you doing?” I asked and swatted his hands away, pulling my shirt over my head without unbuttoning it. “Stop acting like a Grandpa.”

He laughed and ran his hands down my thighs before running them up my back and to my bra clasp. Easily, he unsnapped it and I let it fall down my arms before tossing it to the floor. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him back to me and connecting our lips again. My hands went from pulling his hair to pulling off his jeans and mine. This time, Oliver knew where to go and what to do. He knew where all of those little spots were that drove me crazy and he knew how to touch me. It was much less awkward as it was the first time, and it felt so much better. I knew to breathe through my mouth when I went down on him, and I knew how to use my hips.

His mouth covered mine as we both hit our climax, suppressing the loud moan that escaped my throat and he fell to my side. Our breathing was still heavy and we both looked at each other and smiled. Oli pulled me into him, wrapping his arms around my waist. After my breathing slowed, I turned over on my side and kissed him before getting up and sliding back into my clothes.

“Where yeh goin’?” He asked and sat up against his headboard.

“I have to go home.” I answered. “If I don’t Petunia will be worried.” Actually, I doubted that she would even notice my absence.

“Yeh jus’ goin’ to leave?” He asked. “I didn’t peg yeh as the type of girl to fuck and chuck.” He grabbed his boxers off the floor on the side of his bed and slid into them. He then stood up, pressing me against the door in obvious attempt to get me to stay.

“Yeah, fuck and chuck, that’s exactly what I’m doing.” I laughed. He pouted and I kissed his chin, making him smile again. “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

He pressed his lips to mine and pouted again. “Come on, Dee. Yeh grandmother will be fine. It’s already midnight, she’s probably asleep anyways. Yeh can go back in the mornin'.” He whispered placing convincing kisses down my neck to my shoulder. “Please, yeh know yeh want to stay.”

“I would like nothing more than to stay.” I said. “I have to go, though.” With one last kiss, I left Oliver in his room and showed myself out of his house.

===

When I told Oliver that he should just suck it up and be with me already, I would’ve thought that he would’ve jumped to the task and asked me to be his girlfriend. That didn’t happen though. He did however, break things off with Brittany two weeks later, claiming that he didn’t really feel like being in a relationship at the moment, and that he should really focus on the band. If that was the truth, then me being with him was nothing but a shot in the dark.

I hadn’t hung out with Anna for a while, so I promised her that we would get together sometime and make Oodles and noodles and watch old British films I had never seen before. She said she would be coming over on Saturday, and it was now Friday evening.

Petunia had gotten a cold, probably due to this nasty weather, and it didn’t seem like she was getting any better. In fact, she was getting worse as the days progressed. I was sitting on the couch, reading the book Curtis had gotten me for Christmas, seeing as I hadn’t finished it, and Petunia was in her chair, knitting. It was a typical Grandmother thing to do, though she had never seemed to do it before. When I asked her about it, she simply answered that it was something she ‘had always wanted to try before she died, which would be soon‘.

A knock came from the from door and looked up and out the window, noticing a familiar red car parked in front of our driveway. My heart did that too familiar flip thing it always did when I thought of him, and my breathing became unsteady. Maybe tonight would be the night. Petunia looked up at the door as well, and then smirked at me. Ever since I told her about the whole ordeal with Curtis, she’s been questioning Oli and I’s relationship. She knew that Curtis and I had broken up, she didn’t know why.

I swung the door open and he smiled at me, opening his arms a little, inviting me into a hug. If there was something about these past few weeks, it was that Oliver and I had gotten to know each other a lot more than we had. We no longer spent every second making out. there were nights when we barely kissed for more than three seconds. Instead, we talked. I had never opened up to anyone so much in my entire life. It took our relationship to a whole new level.

I gladly wrapped my arms around his middle, pulling him inside the house. Once inside, he smiled warmly at Petunia, before asking her how she was feeling and offering to get her anything she needed. I lightly tugged on the sleeve of his pullover as he was talking to her, inching him closer and closer to the hallway, so we could make our way to m room. I was so anxious to get to him.

“Yeh excited or somethin’?” He whispered when we finally started down the hallway to my room. He placed his hands on my hips as he walked behind me, and kissed the side of my head.

“I am, is that a bad thing?” I asked, pulling his sweater over his head once he sat on my bed. “I’m always excited to see you.” I pushed him back on the bed and crawled in next to him.

We sat there for a moment like this. Oli had a hand in my hair, and the other intertwined with the hand that I wasn’t tracing his tattoos with. “Tell me somethin’.” He whispered.

“Like what?” I replied, unsure of his question.

“Anythin’, tell me somethin’ true.”

“Okay, I am double jointed.” I answered, looking up at him with a smile on my face, and then taking my thumb and popping it out of place multiple times.

“Yeh are so weird.” He laughed lightly, shaking his head, and taking my hand to wrap his fingers around mine once more. “Sometimes I don’t know why I like yeh so much.”

“Because I’m irresistible?”

“That’s definitely one reason.” He turned himself so that he was propped up on his elbow, his head resting in his palm, and the other hand cupping my face. “Yeh beautiful, yeh smart, yeh ’ave got the cutest accent, and yeh respect yourself.”

I smiled up at him, not really knowing what to say. He had once again had me at a loss of words. I wrapped a hand around his neck pulling him down close to me until our lips connected.
♠ ♠ ♠
only one more left and then a BRAND SPANKIN NEW CHAPTER!!!!!
i need to let my old readers know some how!!!!