Status: In the process of being re-posted.

I Can Taste The Failure On Your Lips

Part Three

It might have been easier for me to sleep peacefully through the night if it weren’t for the music coming from what sounded like the next street over. It was horrible and I was so close to going over there in my dolphin pajamas and telling them to shut the hell up!

The thunder plus the scremo band equals a rough night. And I need my sleep.

At least I won’t be cooped up in this smelly dump all day. After I get back from the store I will be sure to have plenty to keep myself busy, with the cleaning and all.

“Hey Grams.” I said as I strolled passed her. “I’m going to the store is there anything you need?”

“Oatmeal.” Her scratchy voice replied. “Oatmeal, cigarettes, and some of those little cream pies.”

Judging by the amount of oatmeal she had in her cabinets, she did not need any. “Okay, is that all?”

“The car needs Petrol; I haven’t driven it in a while.”

“Alrighty, I’ll make sure to get some.”

She handed me a wad of cash and I pulled my Baltimore Ravens hoodie over my head. “Be careful on them roads. I know how yeh Americans are; none of yeh know how to drive.”

“I’ll take that as a compliment, Grandma.” I replied before leaving.

Petunia was right. Driving in the wrong side of the car on the wrong side of the road was hard. Even for me, the girl who aced her learner’s and driver’s tests. Every time I saw a car coming at me I freaked out. I cursed about ten people out, and almost ran off the road four times. Maybe, I should just live with the cobwebs and oatmeal, because this is not worth it.

I pulled up in the gas station what seemed like hours later. I pulled the keys from the ignition, unbuckled my seatbelt, got out of the car, and stepped right into a huge puddle. I swear, the thing was at least four feet deep. I looked up again at the sky, and mentally cursed whoever was up there. “Why?” I asked.

“Oi Love, Yeh need some paper towels or something?” A large man from behind the counter asked me. He had a smile on his face as if he was joking around. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was.

Another boy that was sitting behind the counter was just laughing. “Hah, I’ll be okay. Can I just pay for my gas and go?” I handed the fat man some bills and walked out the small store, bumping into what looked like an ink canvas. “Sorry.” I told him, and proceeded to my car.

I leaned up against the station wagon and waited for my gas to get done pumping. My leg was cold seeing as it was soaking wet, and I regretted not taking the man up on his paper towel offer. I looked down at my wet jeans and sighed. Is this what I get for wishing Petunia’s death? Ugh.

Laughter came from behind me, and I glanced up to see the boy who was laughing at me from behind the counter earlier and his friend, ink boy, exiting the store. Laughing boy nudged ink boy in the arm and he looked up at me, making my eyes drop right back down to the pavement, and my cheeks heat up. I was pretty sure that they were just making fun of me, as ink boy began to laugh again. I sighed, pulling the gas pump out of my car and replacing it back into its slot.

There was no Wal-Mart in this town. There was no Wal-Mart in this country.
What kind of place does not have a Wal-Mart? Am I in Hell or something?

I pulled into the only grocery store looking thing in this area. Before I got out of the car I looked for puddles, thankfully, there were none to be found. I grabbed a kart, and headed inside, picking up everything that I needed. I pulled my pen out from behind my ear scratching off ‘broom’ and saw that I needed to get Petunia’s cigarettes and cream pies.

“Oh my God! I am so sorry!” I gasped.

I looked at the person I had just run over with my kart and held out a hand. “American’s can’t even drive karts.” He said, taking my hand. “Yeh nearly fucking killed me!”

“I said I was sorry.” I said, glancing down at my feet. I don’t think I have ever talked to a boy so attractive. Scratch that, I don’t think I’ve ever talked to a boy at all, besides Danny and his friends.

“It’s quite alrigh’, just don’t let it happen again.” I shyly looked back up at the boy. He had blondish brownish curly hair and a really cute smile. "I'm Curtis." He said.

I was wondering if this could really be happening. "Uh..." My eyes went from his face, to the floor, to the meat section, to his face again. "I'm Delia. Or just Dee." Not that he cared what my nickname was. He probably just wanted my name for insurance purposes in case I broke one of his ribs or something.

"Please watch where yeh're goin' Delia." He smiled when he said my name. I couldn't help but smile back. "I wouldn't want to see a pretty girl like you get hurt."

"I'll try my hardest." I said.

Curtis smiled one more time before proceeding to wherever he was going before I ran him over. Before I rounded the corner again, I made sure no one was there for me to hit. I grabbed Petunia's pies and cigarettes and made the brutal drive back to the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
again, whether you are an old reader or a new reader...
comments are welcome.

i miss my 200 subscribers, come on people!