Status: In the process of being re-posted.

I Can Taste The Failure On Your Lips

Part Four

Apparently the weather and the rain were too much for me, and I caught a nasty cold.

To top that off, the sleep I was supposed to be getting was ruined, once again, by the screamo band.

It was about 12:30, and I was exhausted, and I was sore. Yeah, it sounds like I’m complaining a bit too much, but seriously, why does life have to be so complicated? Runny noses and Screamo bands don’t mix well.

Petunia was asleep, once again, in her stained chair. The house had much less cobwebs and a less pungent smell thanks to me. If I would’ve never come here, I’m guessing she would’ve been evicted.

I slipped my Ravens hoodie over my tank top, and slipped on a pair of flip flops. They wouldn’t help my cold, but I was too tired to find my sneakers. I pulled the keys off the hook, and headed out to the car. Automatically the night air hit me like a smack in the face, and my toes felt like they were ice cubes. I kept telling myself that it’s got to be worse in Maryland, but I doubted that very much.

I followed the music, leading me to a house two streets over. I pulled the keys out of the ignition and walked up the lawn (which looked like it hadn’t been mowed in years) and knocked on the front door, thinking that someone might be able to hear me. I was wrong, obviously. Whoever was inside was probably fast asleep with some ear plugs in. Therefore, I stepped off the porch, and walked around back.

They were in a small, two car garage, with one of the doors pulled up.

The drums ended.

The guitars and bass ended.

The screaming ended.

And my phone rang.

I could’ve sworn I left it at home. “Hello?” I asked. All of the guys in the garage were staring at me. Then I realized who three of the five of them were.

“De De De De De De De! How is my little sister!?” It was Danny.

“Are you drunk?” I asked. My cheeks were flaring red, I was so embarrassed. They probably thought I was stalking them or something.

“Hah!” He was drunk. “Nope.” Yes, he was. He was so drunk that I could practically smell the alcohol through the phone.

“Daniel Gregory Martin you are so drunk!” I yelled. My back was now towards the five of them. I didn’t want to look at the looks on their faces.

“Nuh uh!” He yelled.

“Yes you are, I have to go, I’ll call you back later.” I snapped my phone shut, sighed, and turned around.

It was Curtis, the boy I had met in the grocery store, Ink boy, his friend Laughing Boy whom was sitting behind the drums, and two others I hadn’t met yet. They were all incredibly good looking, including the chubby guitarist who was in one word, adorable. Curtis was smiling at me, and the rest of them were just blank stares.

“Can I help you?” Ink boy asked. He set his microphone on the stand and took a step towards me. I flickered a glance towards Curtis, mentally begging him to help me out, but he just stood there, smiling.

“I, uh, I…” I sighed. “Look, I’m sick okay? I’m running a fever, I have a runny nose, I’m congested, and I am exhausted.” Not that any one of them cared. “I need sleep, and I just can’t do that with your little show over here.”

“Well guys, I think we’ve made our first fan.” He replied. I frowned. I was not at all… not even a millimeter close, to being a fan of theirs. They all laughed.

“Ha ha ha, no. What’s your name?” I asked.

“What’s yours?” He asked back.

“I asked you first.”

“First‘s the worst.” He sang. The guys laughed. Except for Curtis, who was now just standing over their. I didn’t want to play this guy’s head games. I had a bad temper, and I was too exhausted to use it. So instead of replying, I turned around and started down the driveway.

“G’ bye love.” I heard one guy say, before I heard more laughter.

That’s why I didnt talk to guys. That’s why no guys talk to me.

One- They are complete morons.

Two- I always make a fool of myself when I start talking.

Before I got in the car, I could’ve sworn I heard someone say that I was ‘cute’.
♠ ♠ ♠
so, if you read this story before, i was always promoting a band called 'The Downtown Fiction'. well, i am going to write a story about them. yayyy!!