Blasphemy

Eins

There was nothing in the world I could do. I couldn’t keep my mind off of him. Knowing that he was with her after everything she’d ever done to him.

I sighed and rolled over to look at the clock with a frown. It was 2:30 in the morning. Great. Another sleepless night. I glanced at the phone wondering if he was going to call, wondering if my night would be spent undoing the damage she had done yet again.

There was a pounding knock on the door and I was on my feet before I even realized it, swearing again at the power he had over me.

“Yu? Yu please, I need you.”

I flinched, hearing the pain, the broken voice of the man I loved. I opened the door and bit back the cry that was on my lips. “Strify what happened?” I asked softly, staring at the cuts along his temple.

“It’s not as bad as it looks Yu,” He answered flinching as he brushed his hair gingerly from his eyes.

“If by that you mean worse then it looks then yes Strify, you’d be correct,” I answered as I helped him inside.

“If I were you I would stop letting me come over here,” he said forcing a laugh.

I hesitated, not entirely sure of what to say next. I took his hand, helping him onto the kitchen table. “Let’s just be happy you’re not me,” I said softly as I walked into the bathroom.

“What’s that supposed to mean Yu?” Strify called after me.

“Nothing Strify,” I answered as I walked back into the kitchen with a bottle of peroxide and a few bandages. I set them on the table next to him.

“Why do you do this Yu?” He asked trying his best not to flinch as the peroxide no doubt stung the cuts on his temple.

“Do what Strife? Why do I let my best friend who has an abusive girlfriend come stay at my apartment?”

Strify paused for a moment. “In not so many words yes. Why do you let me come over here?”

Because I love you “You’re my best friend Strify. I’d do anything for you,” I answered wishing I could tell him the truth.

Strify looked at me for a moment before he slipped off the table and walked into my room. “Is it okay if I sleep in your bed Yu?”

I nodded. “I can sleep on the couch,” I answered walking toward the living room.

“Stay with me?”

I paused, hearing the pleading in his voice. I nodded, knowing with him I had no other choice.

He smiled and climbed into my bed, patting the open space next to him. I obeyed, crawling in behind him. He lay down and I followed suit, wrapping my arm protectively around his waist.

“Thank you Yu,” He whispered softly.

“Anything for you Strify,” I answered wishing he knew just how much I meant it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys like it so far.
Thanks to Tara, my awesome Beta.

Comments are <3

Poppin' Champagne,
Joanie