The Academy’s Secret

Chapter One

I moaned as I rolled out of bed, that particular, sunny morning. Today was the day, I thought to myself, today was the day I was being shipped off to boarding school. I hate my mother for shipping me off to this school. She only wants to get rid of me, I knew that, but at least I was going to be with my best friend, Jessica.

I got ready slowly, imaging how this school was going to be. “It’s a really nice school, I hear sweetie. They don’t really accept many people you and Jessica should be happy,” my mother told me not to long ago. I was frightened by the idea of leaving all my friends and moving without my family. The thought of Jessica with me soothed my worries, for the moment.

I came downstairs in a daze looking at my bags packed and sitting by the doorway. I looked out the window to see my father talking to Jessica’s dad, most likely talking about who is going to drive Jessica and I to the school. They thought it was silly to take to car to go to the same place. I walked into the kitchen to see Jessica and my mother.

“Hey Jess, hey mom”, I spoke as I sat next to Jessica at the kitchen table.

“Hey Emma” Jessica said cheerfully.

“Ready for the academy?” my mother asked hopefully, I bet she wanted me to go now… but I didn’t.

“Sure mom” I replied with my head down, I was mere minutes from leaving this house and I was not coming back anytime soon. I hope the ride goes smoothly. As we pulled out of the drive i swallowed I didn't want to go. To leave, Jessica senced my fear and smoothed my hand" Its going to be alright" she smiled at me. She was always the cheerful one. Sighing I nodded and fell asleep.

Later in the car with Jessica, my father, and hers I had time to think about what this school was going to be like. I've seen pictures, but I picture doesn't really discribe a school very well. Hoping for the best as we pulled into the drive of the school, I look at the castle like school. With its moss covered stones and its colorful gardens, it was like stepping into a real life fairy tale. The towers touched the sky, I looked at the students as we passed in the car, they looked perfect, too perfect, I knew I wasn’t going to fit in, but oh well better enjoy the scenery while it lasts.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is one of you're authors here, The Only Exception, hope you enjoy this chapter of The Acadmey's Secret. It would be most, helpful if you commented on how good, or bad, hopefully not, you think this here story is.
With love,
The Only Exception