The Academy’s Secret

Chapter 2

As we both traveled through the school’s towering buildings, watching the students trek passed us, it felt as if the whole world shrunk in size, taking both and Emma and I with it.

“Whoa…” I breathed out, my eyes expanding at the extraordinary sight. “This place is just amazing!”

“Tell me about it,” Emma added, her plump lips open in equal wonder. “I can’t believe we’re actually going to a place like this!”

“I’m glad you both like it so much,” Emma’s dad said. We both quickly turned around to see our fathers still tailing behind us, their eyes glinting with that warm, fatherly glow. “You know, we’ll miss you girls.”

“The house would be so empty without you!” My dad said wrapping his arms around me.
Emma’s father followed suit, embracing his own daughter in a tight hug. “You two better stay in touch… or else you will get an earful out of your moms!”

“We promise!” Emma vowed.

I quickly added, “See you guys!”

Soon, I felt ourselves slip out of their grasps and continue forth.

This is it… I thought, clutching my suitcase tightly in my hands. A shiver of excitement rattled my bones as we entered the office building and got our room keys.

“Oh my god, Jessica! This has to be a sign!” Emma squealed, dangling the silver key in front of my face. “We’re sharing a room!”

I simply smiled, snatching the key from her hands when we found our room number. “I surely hope it’s a good sign.”

Emma rolled her eyes, still alight with excitement. I thrust the key into the hole, turning the door’s sleek, metal knob ever so slightly.

“Ready?” I asked. Emma fervently nodded her head.

Soon the door swung open. Both our mouths literally dropped open.

“No freakin’ way!”

“I call this one!” I cried, rushing towards the rightmost side of the large suite and throwing myself onto the large queen sized bed. “It’s so soft, Emma!”

“I bet it is.” She simply rolled her eyes, neatly placing her clothes into the closet. “So what do you think of the academy so far, Jess?” She absently asked me, plopping herself onto her own bed once she was finished.

“I feel like I’ve died and gone to heaven. It’s amazing,” I stated with a slight purr, allowing myself to sink into the silky upholstery.

Dang… I doubted I even had a bed this big at home. With a bed this large, it made me wonder how I even survived sleeping atop such a tiny twin bed…

“I just can’t believe we got into this place,” she mused aloud.

“Well you’re actually smart, Emma! A school would be stupid if they didn’t take you!”

“Oh? Then why’d they take you?” A large pillow assaulted the young girl, smacking her right across her rosy cheek. “You know I’m kidding!”

I rolled my eyes. “Sure…”

“But, have you seen the kids? They all seemed so… beautiful. It’s sort of makes me feel rather plain…” she admitted timidly.

“Psh! This is why it’s called heaven. Beautiful students equals hot guys. Why else would I come here?” I teased, rolling off the bed to evade a flying, plushy projectile. “Ah, you worry too much, Em. No worries, okay? We still have to look around the place.”

Emma lazily nodded her head, her bright orbs nearly glistening with both anxiety and excitement over the thought of exploring this place even further. Even my stomach performed back flips.

I suppose this is something all new students feel. Here we are at this amazing academy with all these new students… It felt like a whole new start – a whole new adventure. Lucky for us, we’re always up for new things. Just how bad could it be?

Well… if I knew it or not, I was going to find.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello! This is author number two, Moonlit Serenade!
I know my fellow co-author already explained the situation so I won't repeat it. :]

Anyways, this is written in another character's point of view, Jessica to be exact. This is an edited chapter of the original story. It's a little longer so yeah...

I hope you all enjoyed~