The Academy’s Secret

Chapter 3

Not to long, after we got settled into our dorm, did we get a loud knock on the door, which made me jump. I looked over to see angle like figure, standing there smiling at both of us, she had pretty, deep blue eyes and long blond hair. “Hello, you guys must be the new students” she spoke in a voice that made you want to sing to, “I’m Hannah.” She was dressed in a bright smile, her golden curls spilling over her shoulders. A baby blue shirt and a black skirt that stopped just below the knee, she looked beautiful and unreal.

“I’m Emma, and this is Jessica.” I smiled, “This school is truly beautiful.” I searched for anything else to say, but came up with nothing and shrugged. I was to busy thinking about how beautiful this school, and the students in it, were. Sighing, Jessica nudged me; she gave me a look that told me I was starring. With an apologetic smile I looked, at the glamorous Hannah.

‘It is, isn’t it?” She cocked her head and smiled oddly at me, “Do you guys need help with anything?”

“Yeah maybe you could help us pick-up our schedules, we don’t know where the office is”, Jessica asked shrugging at the last park. I bet she noticed how beautiful this girl looked, how unnatural this seems, or at least I hope.

“Sure thing”, Hannah cheerfully said, “Follow me.” She walked out of the room and Jessica and I followed, shortly behind. We looked around and got a closer look at the school; the stones were an off- white, the moss on the stones looked as almost hung by someone, the trees and bushes perfectly trimmed. While I was looking around the smell of roses struck me, my eyes followed the sent and fell upon a garden, fenced in by a dark green, metal fence. I heard the sounds of students, like myself, chatting on the lawn and playing, I smiled to myself; maybe I’ll make a new few, a normal thought by a student at a new school. However, if I fail at the task of finding a new friend, I always have Jessica.

We neared the office, where we were to pick up our necessary papers for class, when Jessica nudged me. “Pretty, huh?” She asked looking at the lawn filled with students. A light breeze blew by as she said this, her hair flowing, it made me smile at how pretty my friend was. I’m left to be the ugly duckling, my smile faded at the thought.

“Yes, Jess, and to think I almost didn’t come.” I shook my head, “If I knew this place was this beautiful I would have said “yes” in the beginning.” I looked at her and she had her “I told you so” look on, I just rolled my eyes and looked forward.

“There’s the office, girls.” Hannah smiled “If there’s anything else you need help with don’t hesitate to ask. Oh, and by the way, my dorm room is right next to yours, so please no loud music at night.”

“No worries, we don’t listen to music, that loud.” Jessica said with a smile. We said our goodbyes and walked into the office, it was large a large room, with light green walls and hard wood floors. A woman stood at the large, wooden desk and smiled sweetly. “You must be the new arrivals. Jessica and Emma, Isn’t it?” she spoke in a nice, sweet voice.

“Yes ma’am” I answered walking toward the desk. I was struck by the fact that she new where were the new arrivals, but brushed it off.

“Here’s your schedules dears, hope you are enjoying the scenery.” She said, handing us our papers, with a small smile. The woman looked like she was in about her late fifties but, she was very pretty, her blond bob didn’t have a speck of gray, her blues eyes shone from behind her glasses.

“Very much so” Jessica replied, I simply nodded.

“Well I better let you two get back to your dorm to get settled, hope to see you soon”, she smiled on last time and turned away to take some papers to the back. We smiled, left the office and walked back to our room. Looking at our schedules, and seeing if we had any classes together.
♠ ♠ ♠
So new chapter, sorry it took me so long, ha-ha.
Test, you know?
Tell me what you think!
- The Only Exception.