The Academy’s Secret

Chapter 4

My mouth hung wide, threatening to plummet down to the school's tile floorings.

"Only three classes..." I whispered in a barely audible voice. Awe flowed into my eyes hanging over my tongue. "Only three classes!"

"Come on, Jess. It's not that amazing, It's not different from the five classes we had home on a daily basis," Emma chided me, trying to calm me down.

"BUT 3 CLASSES!" I repeated in a loud voice, amazed by such a thing.

Emma simply shook her head and was about to open her mouth to chastise me when a certain noise caught both of our attentions.

Knock. Knock.

“I got it!” We both yelled, rushing towards the doorway to open it first. I reigned victorious, swinging our room door open, revealing an upperclassman.

"Dinner is ready. Go to the dinning hall downstairs. It on your first left," he stated robotically before turning around and disappearing from sight.

Jeez… there’s even a few weird, hot looking people at this school… great. I knew this place was too good to be true…

Emma and I stepped out from our dorm room and walked down the winding hall, down the swooping staircase, and into the dining hall.

“So what’s on the list, Jess?” Emma asked me, my eyes already skimming the menu.

Droplets of drool rolled down my mouth, my eyes growing wider and wider.

“No way… Come on! I know exactly what to order!” I exclaimed, dragging Emma with me. Our meal was something that could only appear in my wildest dreams. Our appetizer was freshly cut, golden French fries, sounding a delectable crunch with each and every bite. Our main meal was juicy, thick steak, accompanied with baked potato. Finally, our dessert was not just one simple slice of cake. No, we were given the opportunity to truly indulge! We both grabbed a triple chocolate cake with unbelievable layers of chocolaty bliss, German Chocolate cake, and shared a large banana split.

“Oh my god, Jess! I’m going to be so fat because of you!” groaned my dear friend, daintily slurping the remnants of her vanilla shake.

“Hey, it’s our first night here! I believe that gives us the right to indulge,” I said, taking one more beautiful bite of chocolaty heaven. “Since when are we given the chance to eat all this food?”

“That was when we probably weighed ten pounds lighter,” she said jokingly.

“Alright… let’s take a walk.” Struggling to our feet, we both hobbled our full tummies back to our room.

Just as Emma was going to open the door, the boy that reminded us of dinner swung by and asked, “Hey, you two aren’t going to the welcome party?”

We both answered with a unified, “Party?”

“Yeah, it’s a party for all the newbies and the people who are turning for another year here. You guys should come. It’s wicked awesome! It starts on the seventh floor and continues up all the way to floor thirteen,” the robot said, trying almost far too hard at being friendly. “The thirteenth floor is forbidden. Please take care you don’t go up there. Well I have to go! Hope to see you two there!”

Then with those simple words, the robot walked away, traveling farther out of view.

“Hey, are you thinking what I’m thinking?” Emma said with an excited glimmer in her eye.

“If you’re thinking that guy is some sort of cyborg, then yeah! Totally,” I said. After enduring a gentle jab to my shoulder, I quickly said, “Jeez! I was kidding… sorta.”

“Well do you want to go or not? I would love to burn off some of the calories we consumed.”

“Duh, of course. It’s a party!” I opened the door and rushed inside. “Come on, Emma! We need to get ready!”

Emma nodded her head in agreement and ran after me.

After we fully garbed ourselves in our party bus (To think, Emma said we wouldn’t need such clothes when we arrived here… proved her wrong.), we walked towards an open elevator, and wouldn’t you guess our luck?

‘It’s full of horny teens making out… Get a room!’ A released a low groan of disgust, letting that elevator shut to a close and walking into an emptier elevator.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha, oh dear. Sorry for the long update. It took me forever to find time to finish this.
Again, this is not a chapter I wrote personally. It's edited and stuff...
Comments, anyone?

~Moonlit Serenade