Breaking The Silence

Epilogue

Six Months Later

If there was one day when every person in the world would be happy, it would be the day of their birthday, and today’s was Braelyn’s. A party was being held for the young woman, at her father’s house, as she’d been staying there for about six months.

When Braelyn woke up in the morning, she was surprised to see guests already in the house, setting up decorations, and baking a cake. Much to her surprise, Carmella was there, along with a couple of familiar faces from the Youth Group, whom were probably here to keep an eye on Carmella. Kevin was also in the house, putting up a ‘Happy Eighteenth Birthday’ banner across the ceiling, and Joe, whom was helping Braelyn’s dad bake a cake. Frankie was also seen in the room, sitting in front of the presents trying to guess what were behind the wrapping paper.

But one face she was happy to see was his.

“Happy Eighteenth, Braelyn,” he smiled, as he handed her a present, and kissed her on the lips.

It was a long distance relationship, but neither of the couple minded. The pair started dating only for a few months, and ever since then, the couple had been keeping in contact with each other by calling each other whenever they were free or logging onto Skype, to see each other. Every now and then, Nick would come and stay around the area for a few days before heading off to another city because of his busy timetable.

“Thanks,” she blushed, as she took the present from his hand and added it to the pile of presents at the center of the table. “When did you get here?”

“My brothers and I flew in from California about a couple of days ago,” he explained. “We’ve been here since. Anyway, I’ve got to help Kevin out with the decorations.” And left to help out his oldest brother.

Just as Braelyn was about to get another soft drink, a familiar voice approached her from behind. She turned around, content with whom it was.

“Carmella,” she smiled. “How are you going? I hear you’re out of rehab. And your hair! – it’s brown!”

The newly brunette chuckled lightly and nodded. “Time for a change right? I mean, after everything I’d done, and put you through, you know how sorry I am for that, right?”

Braelyn nodded. “I didn’t mind,” she said.

“You know, I’m so glad that you’re speaking again,” Carmella smiled. “When you weren’t though, I was wondering how your voice would sound when you’d speak.”

Braelyn smiled, unsure of how to feel and what to say to that. But either way, she took it was a compliment, and politely excused herself before walking over to Nick, whom was opening a bag of balloons.

“You still have to talk to your mom,” Nick reminded as soon as Braelyn was within earshot.

The brunette groaned, disbelieving that Nick actually wanted her to talk to her mother. Nick had actually bought this up, about a month ago, when Nick last visited Braelyn.

“You know what I’m going to say to that,” Braelyn spat.

“Would this-” he leaned down, and placed his lips over Braelyn’s, and pulling her into a passionate kiss “-change your mind?” he asked as he pulled away.

“That’s cheating,” she pointed out. “Let’s settle this with scissors, paper, rock.” She shoved her fist out in mid-air.

Nick nodded in agreement. “If you win, you don’t have to write that letter, but if you don’t win, it means you’ll have to write the letter,” he said.

The pair moved their fist up and down discreetly, before changing their hand into either a scissor, paper or rock. Braelyn sprawled her hand out in mid-air, representing the paper. Nick’s index and middle fingers were pulled out of the rock like shape, representing a scissor.

The young man grinned in triumph, that he’d won. “Ha! Scissors cuts paper!” he smiled. “You know what this means.”

Braelyn sighed. “Sadly, I do,” she said.

“Go write it now,” he suggested. “By the time you come back down, everything will be set for your party, and I’m sure all of your guest will be here.”

“Wait, there’s more guest?!” Braelyn exclaimed.

Nick laughed, and held her hand as he began walking her towards her room upstairs. “Just go write your letter,” he said, as the pair entered her room.

“But I don’t know what I want to say to her,” Braelyn frowned.

“It doesn’t matter what you say to her,” Nick pointed out. “The point of you writing this letter to her is so you two are speaking again. I’m breaking the silence between you two – you should be happy about this,” then pulled his girlfriend into a kiss.

This time, the kiss was longer than last time, with a lot more passion. The kiss would have continued longer, but a faint voice from downstairs called out for Nick, demanding him to come down at once and to help out with the party. Nick quickly excused himself, before kissing her quickly on the lips again, and jogged down the stairs.

Braelyn looked around her room and walked in, sitting down at her desk and pulling out a blank sheet of paper and her favourite pen then began writing.

Here she was, once again writing on a piece of paper to communicate with another person. But she didn’t seem to mind.

It was just like old times.
♠ ♠ ♠
So there's one more part, which obviously is the letter, then it's finished!!
Aaaah!!
Anyway, tell me what you think about this chapter? I mean, six months later a lot has changed obviously, so what do you guys think about how things turned out? :)
Comment and subscribe, please! :D