Breaking The Silence

Epilogue

Dear Mom,

Thank you for the birthday present and card. I received them this morning as they arrived on the front door of Dad’s house from the postman. I’m pretty happy with the camera and photo album you bought me. It’s pretty classy and thoughtful. And yes, referring to what you wrote in the card, I do forgive you for everything, now that I understand why you bribed the judge in the first place, so I promise to not tell anyone about this.

What you wrote to me isn’t true. I love you and dad both equally, and I don’t think that could ever change. But the only reason why I said ‘dad’ at the stand that day, was because I didn’t know who to choose and ‘dad’ was the first person that came out of my mouth.

And also, again, referring to the second question from the card, yes, I’ll visit you soon. I’ll come over to the East coast again and see you soon. I don’t know when but I promise it’ll be as soon as I can. And when I come over, I’ll bring the photo album with me for you to look at with all my new friends in it, and it should be filled in by then.

School is great so far. I have to stay back and take senior year again, but I don’t really mind anyway since I never got the proper education for that year because of the lousy education the hospital provided. I don’t think I learned much then. Anyway, I’ve made a lot of friends this year, and right now I’m on my Spring Break, so I’m enjoying the holidays so far. The school has given us a pile of homework to get through on our break – I’m managing to get through it slowly. And yes, I promise to buy you tickets to my Graduation, but that isn’t until mid-June, Mom, so calm down.

But there’s something I want you to know. I know you know that I’m speaking again, which yes, certainly is a miracle. But I also know that you got fed up with the silence I held between us when I wasn’t speaking. I know you tried so hard to break the silence, and no matter what, I wouldn’t budge, so I understand if you got fed up with me. Any normal human being would, but it wasn’t because I had a grudge against you. No, I could never hold a grudge against you – you’re my mother. So I hope you can also forgive me for that.

Also about the whole thing with me moving in with Dad in San Diego was a huge surprise for you, but I’m just so grateful that you’re okay with it since it were a spontaneous choice. And I know suddenly disappearing from that church the hospital sent me to for a few days gave you a scare, but I assure you I am okay. Even Dr Grayson visited me not too long ago, to see for himself that I’m okay. And just like everyone else, he’s completely amazed that I’m speaking again.

Well, I really should just send you a recording of my voice if you really want to know what my voice sounds like but nevertheless, I shall attempt to describe what it sounds like. It still gets a little croaky so sometimes when I speak I’ll have to clear my throat. It sounds feminine, I guess. I pretty much sound like every other normal teenage girl.

Anyway, today, Dad and my friends from the East coast has thrown me a birthday party, so most of them flew in a couple of days ago planning this party. And apparently, according to one of the guest, there will be more guests coming, but I’m thinking they’re the new friends I’ve made at school.

Anyway I hear Dad calling my name from downstairs. I think they want to surprise me with a massive cake… Not that I know that there’s a massive cake, but I am hoping there will be one. Ice cream cake, to be specific. So, dad’s calling my name again, and I’m running out of space to write more on this piece of paper, so take care, mom. I miss you very much.

Love,
Braelyn.

P.S. Yes, I am dating someone and his name is Nick Jonas.
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END!!
AAAAHHH, WOW!

Right now, I'd like to thank everyone of you guys for sticking with this story from beginning to end :) And also for subscribing and commenting after each and every chapter. :D You guys are so awesome (:
And even though this is the last chapter, I'd still like your thoughts on this letter. (: