Status: Slowly active. Very, slow.

1,000 Oceans

Chapter One

Deilia’s POV

I struggled with my suitcase’s zipper. It was my last bag and it wouldn’t close. It was being stupid. I had to be asleep soon because my flight was leaving early next morning.
“Goddamn it!” I swore. “Zip, why don’t you?”
My older sister, Naomi, appeared at my door. “Would you shut up? I’m on the phone!” she said.
I scoffed. “Shut up. You won’t be seeing me for a year, and then maybe you can have a peaceful phone call.” I said.
“Hold that thought.” Naomi said. “Yeah, Deilia is going to Germany for the entire summer and school year.” She walked away. It was true; I was indeed going to Germany for a year. I signed up for a Foreign Exchange student program and was assigned to Germany. To be honest, I couldn’t wait. Germany was a cool country and even if it wasn’t, I knew it’d be better than my household.
I sighed with relief as my suitcase finally closed. I collapsed on top of my bed, after grabbing my English to German dictionary. I began reading.
“Wie geht es dier?” I said. I repeated the phrase several times until I had it memorized.
“Ich liebe Deutschland,” I said over and over again. I wanted to be able to at least say a few things in German. I still didn’t know anything about my host family. I felt it only natural to be nervous, scared even. I found my self falling asleep with my book on my chest and the light on.

The next morning, I woke up in time and made it to the airport. My mom handed me an envelope. I opened it and it was full of money.
“There is about five grand in there.” Mom smiled. “Enjoy yourself.” I hugged her and watched her leave. I sat down and waited for my flight to be called.
“Flight two-oh-nine to Leipzig, now boarding,” A voice on the intercom said. I stood up and went to the boarding gate.
Germany, here I come. I thought.

Bill’s POV

I was so excited. We were going to be having a person from America living in our house, for a whole year! Tom did a better job of containing his excitement then I did.
“A few more hours Tomi!” I reminded him.
“So you’ve mentioned it, over and over again.” Tom said rolling his eyes.
“I hope it’s a girl. A nice one, with pretty eyes.” I said thoughtfully.
“I hope you shut up about it.” Tom said irritably. I stuck my tongue out at him. Tom did the same, except he didn’t have a way cool tongue piercing like I did.
“Boys, boys, stop fighting and get this house in order! I’m going to pick our guest up from the airport. I’ll be back in an hour.” Mom said, grabbing her keys and coffee and walked out the door. I went to the bathroom and applied my make-up, which consisted of black eyeliner, black eye shadow, and some mascara. I pulled the hair gel out of the medicine cabinet and began spiking my hair.
I finished in the bathroom and went to my room to get dressed. I found a pair of dark jeans, a Carolina Panthers shirt on the floor of my un-tidy bedroom. I put them on and sprayed my self with some cologne.
Tom didn’t have to do as much as I did when it came to getting dressed. This was mainly because as twins, we looked alike, but in style we differed greatly. Tom wore all brand name clothing and they were always big on him. And he liked it that way. I didn’t care much about brands. I’d be happy with anything that looked cool. Tom had dreadlocks that fell below his shoulders. I had short, black, spiky hair. Tom had a lip ring. I had my eyebrow and tongue pierced. I also had a tattoo on the back of my neck of our bands logo.
I walked back into the living room. Tom was wiping all the tables with a wet cloth.
“If you are done primping yourself, you can vacuum.” Tom said. I vacuumed the whole house as Tom cleaned the kitchen. Mom called our names as we’d finished. I almost squealed, but thankfully, I didn’t.
Mom was standing in the living room accompanied by a girl. She was pretty. She had long brownish-black hair that complimented her pale, white skin. She was fairly tall, like 5’6 or so. She was skinny, but still curvy. She was wearing a simple black skirt, a blood red short sleeved shirt, a pair of black knee high stockings, and black sneakers.
“Ah, Bill. This is Deilia Krauss. Can you show her to her room?” my mom said. She turned to Deilia. “Deilia, this is my son, Bill.”
“Hallo, Bill. Wie geht es dier?” she said, holding out her hand.
“Nicht schlecht, und dir?” I replied, taking her hand and shaking it.
“Gut, gut. Wie alt bist du?” she asked.
“Sechzehn.” I said. “Du?”
“Sechzehn.” Deilia said. “Please tell me that you speak English.”
“Yes, I do speak English.”
“Oh thank God!” she said. I laughed.
“Deilia, Bill is going to escort you to your room, and Tom is going to help Gordon with your bags.” Mom said.
“Thank you, Mrs. Trümper.” Deilia said.
“Oh, call me Simone.” Mom said.
“Come on Deilia.” I said. And took her to the guest room.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my second TH Fanfic.
Comment and Enjoy.