Deception

What's With The Attitude?

That night, when the Cool family arrived home, the first thing Ramona did was run up to her bedroom to call Joey. She had not stopped talking about him the whole ride home.

Frankito had followed a safe distance behind her, attempting to eavesdrop on his sister’s private conversation.

Tre had stayed silent during the drive home, staring straight ahead, both hands grasping the wheel as he drove. His silence meant he was deep in thought. Cassie had also stayed quiet, barely hearing Ramona gush on and on about Billie Joe’s oldest child.

“Tre?” Cassie placed a hand on her boyfriend’s arm once they were safely inside and in the living room.

Tre looked at Cassie with a puzzled expression on his face “Hey, Cass, why do you think Billie got so upset about Mona and Joey wanting to date? If she has to date, I’m glad it’s with a kid I know and think of as extended family.”

“I don’t know, maybe he doesn’t think it’s a good idea because they’ll see each other all the time, even if they break up.”

“It was almost like he was disgusted by the fact my daughter and his son like each other. What the fuck is wrong with Ramona? I think she’s beautiful.” Tre was upset.

Cassie felt a huge pang of something hit her when Tre said those words. She didn’t know what it was, but it made her want to reach out and touch Tre. It felt like a weaker version of what she felt for Billie Joe.

“Darling, Ramona is beautiful. I don’t know what Billie was so unhappy about but he’s going to have to get over it.” Cassie placed her hand on Tre’s muscular drummers arm.

“Man, it sucks to be a teenager. I’m glad we’re both old enough that no one can tell us not to be together. I love you so much, Cass.” Tre grabbed her hand and pulled her close, so that she was pressed up against his chest.

“Yeah.” Cassie whispered, entwining her arms around Tre.

Cassie pulled away when she felt the front of Tre’s pants suddenly start vibrating.

“Hello?” Tre pulled his cell phone from his slacks and answered it.

“Hey Mikey,” he paused as Mike began speaking. “Yeah, I thought it was adorable of them.” he paused again. “Yeah, I’ve noticed how weird he’s been acting. We have to bring it up tomorrow at band practice.” Silence. “Okay, see you tomorrow.”

Tre clicked his phone off and put it back in his pocket. “Well, it’s not long ‘til we’re back on the road and the kids have to go back to their moms. You’re coming over to Europe with us, right?”

“I’m not sure. So what was Mike saying about Billie?” Cassie asked, trying to sound indifferent.

“He was just saying what we have all been thinking. I don’t know if you’ve noticed but for a couple months, Bill has been acting really strange, like totally weird.” Tre shrugged his shoulders. “We’re going to talk to him about it tomorrow.”

“Yeah, I wonder what his excuse will be?” Cassie wondered more to herself than Tre.
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize for the short chapter! Enjoy anyway =)