Deception

Charades

“He’s a crazy fucking asshole!” Billie Joe declared, holding an icepack to his jaw. Although Billie said he was feeling fine, Mike had insisted on him having an icepack and taking some painkillers.

“I have never seen him that angry before, it was kind of frightening.” Mike agreed.

“I am telling the truth, I would never lie to him. I can’t believe he would choose someone he has known for less than a year over me.” Billie removed the cold press from his face and exhaled loudly.

Mike saw the beginnings of a bruise developing on Billie’s chin and encouraged Billie to put the ice back on it, which he did.

“I don’t know what to believe, Cassie is a great girl.” Mike began nervously tapping his fingers on the table in front of him that held musical equipment.

“Are you accusing me of lying too?” Billie demanded, frowning.

“No. I’m just saying I don’t know what to think.”

“I’m going home.” Billie suddenly announced, throwing the icepack onto the table and standing up.

“I’ll drive you.” Mike offered, also standing.

“I can drive myself.”

“Then if you don’t want me to, call a driver, you are in no condition to be on the road.”

“I can take a fucking punch, I’m fine.” Billie rolled his eyes.

“I wasn’t talking about that. You’re under a lot of stress and are very angry right now. It is not a good time to be driving; I’d never forgive myself if something happened to you.”

Billie tried to smile reassuringly but it hurt a little bit so he flashed his friend a thumbs up instead and began making his way to the parking lot.

“Billie Joe, I already said you aren’t driving. End of story.” Mike snagged the car keys from Billie’s hand.

Billie shrugged his shoulders in defeat then got into the back seat of his car once Mike unlocked it. Mike got into the drivers side and began a silent trip home.

***

“You did what to Billie?” Cassie half screamed when Tre explained why he was home so early from band practice. She had awoken him from his nap.

“He deserved it. He was bad mouthing you.” Tre was trying to justify his actions.

“Oh my God, Tre!” Cassie squealed “I cannot believe you!”

“So what he was saying was obviously not true, right?” Tre asked, already thinking he knew the answer.

“Yes, he was lying.” Cassie felt completely sinful for what she was doing but she couldn’t lose everything, not after all the time and effort she had spent getting where she was.

“So you love me and not him?” Tre clarified.

“Definitely. Tre you know how much I love you and our little blended family.” Cassie smiled half heartedly but it seemed to get her over the line.

“I believe you. I don’t know why Bill would do something like this, though.” Tre looked deflated.

“He’s obviously jealous of you; since you’re so much more talented than him.” Cassie stroked Tre’s ego.

Tre smiled deviously “I know.”

“Are you going to make amends?” It suddenly dawned on Cassie that there was going to be a feud between Billie and Tre now and after the tour they might not see each other anymore.

“If he apologises and admits he’s lying then yeah, I’ll forgive him.” Tre shrugged his muscular shoulders and then sighed, thinking of his great friend.

“Maybe I should go over and talk to him for you?” Cassie volunteered.

Tre frowned, thinking “If you think it’s a good idea…”

“I do.” Cassie tried to sound encouraging.

Tre gestured toward the front door “Go ahead then, I’ll be waiting here with the kiddies.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long since I posted!
Enjoy the chapter, lovely readers, and be sure to comment =)