You're A Million Miles Too Close

Thirteen

We pulled into MacDonald’s drive through and Joe undone his window, keeping his Ray Bans over his eyes. The greasy spotty bored boy looked at Joe.
“ What would you like?” He asked in a monotone voice. I giggled at little and Joe turned to smile at me.
“ Can we have 2 chicken nuggets and chips with Diet Coke, Two Big Mac, chips, with a Fanta and a Diet Coke and a happy meal burger with a chocolate milkshake? And also a chicken McSandwich meal with a Diet Coke?” Joe orders. I laughed, all this food made us two sound really greedy.
“ That will be $31.98 please?” The young boy said, holding his hand out, demandingly. Joe pulled out $32 out of his pocket and handed it to the boy.
“ Please go to the next window.” He said. Joe pulled up to the next window where some girl was standing there.
“ Oh my Jonas. It’s Joe Jonas.” She said, waving her hands around. Joe smiled at her.
“ Hi…Emily.” He read her name badge. She looked like she was going to faint when he said her name. She handed him all four bays of food, where Joe dumped them onto my lap. I muttered a thanks to him, sarcastically. Emily held out a napkin and asked Joe to sign it. I pulled my phone out of my pocket to text Nick.
On way home with MaccyD’s. Can I talk to you when I get in please? – Hayz
Joe looked at me and smiled.
“ Ready?” He asked. I nodded and Joe pulled out of the drive through.

“ We have MacDonald’s.” I yelled as I walked through the front door. Joe was walking behind me with the drinks. I heard Frankie squeal and I made a dash for the kitchen.
“ Nick’s chicken nuggets, Sammie chicken nuggets, Frankie’s happy meal, my McSandwich and Joe and Kevin’s big Mac.” I said, putting them onto the table, putting chips with them. Everyone ran into the kitchen and sat around the table. I sat there, munching on my chips as I watched Nick check his blood sugar.
“ Is it okay?” I asked him, taking a sip out of drink. Nick nodded, shoving a load of chips into his mouth. I rolled my eyes at him and Sammie laughed. My phone vibrated in my pocket. I looked around the table.
Are you and Joe okay? You both seem a little…odd. – Nick
I looked up at him and he raised an eyebrow. I looked down and quickly text back.
I’ll tell you later…- Hayz.
Nick was still staring at me with his eyebrow up. I rolled my eyes and took a massive bite out of my sandwich. Joe was sitting there, playing with his chips. I watched him, sceptically. He was just munching on the chips. I sighed softly, remembering what happened an hour and a half ago.
“ Joe, you alright?” Kevin asked, concerned for his brother. Joe looked up at Kevin; his eyes were tight.
“ Im not really hungry anymore.” He said, moving his chair back and going upstairs. I sighed again and put my hands in my head. I felt two hands on my back; I looked up to see Nick, taking me into the yard.

“ Haylee, what’s going on?” He asked me, as we sat on the swinging chair in the back yard. I sighed.
“ Nick, Joe told me that he loves me.” I said. Nick gasped and smiled.
“ Isn’t that a good thing, then? You said you liked Joe back.” Nick said. I pursed my lips and shrugged my shoulders.
“ Yes, I did say that I liked him back. But he thinks I like Kevin, which I think I still do, and if I told him that I like him, then maybe that will screw things up between all of us!” I sighed loudly, running my fingers through my hair. I heard the back door open then shut and Sammie walked towards us. I lifted my head up so I could see her.
“ Nick has told me, everything.” She muttered, sitting on the floor in front of us. I smiled at the both of them.
“ S’okay. That means I could get a girls point of view.” I mumbled. Nick smacked my arm hard.
“ Hey, I give good points.” He said, offended. Sammie huffed and rolled her eyes at her boyfriend.
“ Of course you do, Nicky.” She said. I giggled at her. Sammie pointed to the back door and Nick sighed, heaving himself off the chair and kissing her cheek.
“ Im going. Im going.” He muttered, walking back towards the house. Sammie giggled and sat next to me.

“ Hey, I might only be 16, but I have had my fair share of heartbreak.” She told me. I looked at her, both eyebrows raised.
“ What do you mean?” I asked her. She smiled at me.
“ I was going out with this boy, Mason, when I was 15, about a year ago and he cheated on me with my best friend. And that’s how I met Nick. I bumped into him after school on the day I found out.” She told me. My mouth dropped.
“ What happened after that? If you don’t mind me asking?” I said, politely. She smiled at me.
“ I left the both of them. I mean, they weren’t worth the tears anymore when I met Nick. He was so kind to me.” She said. I giggled.
“ Sounds like Nick.” I said, smiling to myself. Sammie laughed.
“ So I know how you feel…ish.” She said. I smiled at her and hugged her sideways.
“ I love Joe. I can’t tell him that I do. What do I do?” I asked her, confused.
“ You do whatever your heart tells you to.” She said. I rolled my eyes and laughed.
“ You need to stop spending time with Nick.” I said, before walking back into the house. I left Sammie sitting on the swing with her mouth dropped open.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket as I sat down to watch Shrek 2 with Frankie, Sammie and Nick.
I’ll wait forever and a day for you. – Joe.
I smiled to myself.
And when that day comes Jonas, you better keep that promise because I will be there. – Hayz.
♠ ♠ ♠
Doesnt Everyone Love How Cheesy That Last Line Was? :)
Comment Please?