You're A Million Miles Too Close

Twenty Two

“ Guys, get up.” Kevin’s voice echoed around my head. I opened my eyes slowly, rubbing them. Kevin was knelt down, both his eyebrows raised with a smirk on his face. Joe’s body was sprawled all over mine, our legs tangled up and my head leaning on Joe’s neck.
“ Wake him up and send him back to his own bunk. Mum will be awake in a minute.” Kevin said, throwing himself back into his bunk. I lifted my head off Joe’s neck.
“ Joey, wake up.” I said, shaking him lightly. He started to mumble, turning over to face me. His eyes opened very slowly, one at a time.
“ Ahhh.” Joe said, sitting up slowly. We untangled our legs and Joe looked at me.
“ What you ‘ahh’-ing about?” I asked him. Joe shook his head, smiling at me.
“ I still can’t believe I have you.” He replied. I rolled my eyes, giving him a quick kiss.
“ You better believe it baby. Now back to your bunk.” I said, giving him a little shove. Joe groaned and crawled out of my bunk and into his. I lied back, closing my eyes. I couldn’t have been lying there for three minutes before Frankie jumped into my bunk.
“ Up!” He yelled at me. I closed my eyes tighter as he sat on my stomach. Suddenly, my arms wrapped around his waist and I started to tickle him.
“ Aaah! Haylee, stop! Please?!” Frankie yelled in between giggles. My hands dropped off his waist and he glared at me.
“ You are evil!” He said, storming off. I laughed and followed him, putting one of Joe’s hoodie over my head.

“ Is Joseph still in bed?” Paul asked me as we walked into the ‘dining room.’ I nodded, smiling as I slid into the booth. Everyone was sitting on the couches and there was no room.
“ Yup.” I replied. I looked around. Denise, Paul, Frankie, Sammie, Kimmy and Kevin.
“ And Nick as well, I can see.” I added, as I took a bite of the toast Denise put in front of me. Paul and Denise both looked at me.
“ What time did Joe leave your bunk, this morning?” She asked me. I bit my lip and blushed.
“ About three minutes ago.” Joe said, sliding into the booth, scaring the hell out of me. Nick walked past us both, mumbling something like ‘Stupid Joe.’ I laughed, leaning my head against Joe’s shoulder. Joe leant down, quickly kissing my lips. I wrapped my arms around his waist when he had pulled away.
“ Really, you two? At the dinner table.” Kevin said, creasing up his nose. Everyone laughed as I stuck my tongue out at him.
“ Are you sure Kevin? Because we could go and make-out in your bunk if you like?” Joe replied, standing up, offering me his hand. I stood up, taking his hand.
“ You dare, Joseph!” Kevin said, standing up as well. I burst into laughter, sitting back down. Joe sat down, still holding my hand and placing our entwined fingers into his lap.

“ Guys, we will be at the airport in 25 minutes. Grab all of your stuff.” Paul told us. I groaned and lifted my head off Joe’s shoulder.
“ Erghh!” I complained, climbing over Joe because he wouldn’t budge. Joe’s arms snaked around my waist and I squealed.
“ Joe let go of me!” I yelled at him, as I landed in his lap. Joe laughed as Frankie ran over to him and started to attack him. Joe reluctantly let go of me and I ran away as Frankie jumped on him. I started to laugh as I throw my stuff into my bags.
“ Hey chickadee.” Nick said, walking over to me. I smiled at him.
“ You made the right decision? Right?” He whispered to me. I looked over my shoulder to see Joe holding Frankie in a headlock, laughing. I turned back to Nick.
“ Yes. I think so.” I replied. Nick nodded, giving me a hug.
“ Of course you did. Have you ever seen Joe this happy?” I laughed as Denise joined the conversation.
“ Never.” I replied. Denise hugged me and walked off. I laughed.
“ Nick, I love your mum.” I said to him. Two arms wrapped around my waist and a chin landed on my shoulder.
“ No way. I love her too.” Joe whispered in my ear. I gave him a little shove as Nick walked off, to the back room, where everyone else was.
“ Not as much as I love you!” Joe said, as I turned around in his arms so I was face to face with him. I laughed.
“ How weird is that? I love you too!” I said, pushing my lips against his.
“ Guys. That’s disgusting” Frankie complained as he pushed past us both. Joe chuckled as he pulled away.
“ Wait until you find the girl of your dreams, Frank.” Joe replied.

I stared up at Joe’s face in astonishment.
“ What?” He asked me, narrowing his eyebrows down at me. I smiled.
“ Is that what I am, Joey? The girl of your dreams?” I asked him. Joe laughed softly.
“ You are the girl of my dreams, the girl of my past, and the girl of my future!” I bit my lip and smiled at him.
“ Choose me something to wear?” I asked him. Joe nodded, smiling.
“ Of course, baby.” Joe said, kissing the top of my head, and letting me go to rummage through my suitcase. I laughed, as he handed me my ‘I love Joe’ t-shirt he made me buy last week.
“ Really, Joey?” I said, as he handed me a pair of red jeans. Joe nodded, excitedly. I rolled my eyes at him, walking off into the bathroom. I had a quick shower, not the easiest thing to do on the road. I threw on all my clothes quickly and walked out of the bathroom. Nick pushed me aside, running to go pee.
“ Lovely.” I mumbled to myself as I ran the brush through my wet hair. I couldn’t be bothered to dry it, as we were on the plane today. I walked into the front room and Denise sniggered. I pulled on the end of my t-shirt.
“ Nice shirt, Haylee.” She said. I rolled my eyes, sticking my tongue out at her. I laughed and so did Denise.
“ Joe picked it out.” I said, going over to couch and sitting next to her. Paul walked in and sat the opposite side to me, at the booth table.
“ We need to talk to you and Joseph.” He told me and Joe walked into the room. Joe sat next to his father.

“ What did you need to talk to us about?” Joe asked Paul. I looked around, slightly worried.
“ There is nothing to worry about.” Denise reassured me. I sighed, letting out a deep breath.
“ When we sorted out the sleeping arrangements for the hotels, we had put you two together. But we didn’t know you were becoming a ‘couple’ then. Do we trust you to stay in the same room, with nothing going on?” Paul asked us. I looked over at Joe.
“ Dad, we have only been going out for less than a day. Nothing’s going to happen. You have my promise.” Joe said, putting his hand on Paul’s shoulder. I nodded, looking at Denise. They both smiled at us.
“ Another question. What happens if someone sees you two out together? Are you going public or not?” Denise asked us. I looked at Joe again.
“ Erm…not too sure about that mum.” Joe replied, biting his lip, nervously. Paul nodded.
“ Tell us when you have made up a decision.” He said, walking out of the room with Denise. Joe moved, so his father could get out and came and sat next to me.
“ Bet its fun, dating a rockstar.” Joe said, sighing. I leaned my head against his shoulder. I laughed.
“ Its good that I love you then?” I replied, smiling. Joe kissed the top of my head.
“ I love you too Tay—Haylee.” My mouth dropped and I pulled my head off his shoulder.

“ What did you just say?!” I yelled at him, jumping up. Joe followed me, with both his hands up.
“ Haylee, I didn’t mean to say that. It just slipped out!” Joe said. I shook my head.
“ Oh yes. Because calling your new girlfriend your old girlfriend name is fine JOE!” I said to him, angrily. I ran my fingers through my hair, sighing loudly as Nick and Sammie walked into the room.
“ Ask Joe.” I replied, shaking my head. Joe sighed and lied into the couch. His eyes were turning red around the edges like he was going to cry. It was too late for me… I was crying. Okay, so it wasn’t many tears, just a couple. Joe shook his head, sighing again.
“ We are at the airport guys. Lets go.” Kevin said, walking in. I shook my head, biting my lip.
“ Okay.” I muttered, going and getting my suitcase.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooh, Dramaaaa. :)
Comment Please? :D