You're A Million Miles Too Close

Twenty Seven

I sat with my back towards the bathroom door, reading Twilight for the 6th time. I heard Joe open the bathroom door but I didn’t turn around, I was stuck inside the book. I wasn’t surprised when I felt his arms around my waist.
“ Are you okay now?” He whispered in my ear. I nodded and turned me head to look at him.
“ Im fine, Joe. Don’t worry about me.” I said, before turning back to my book. Joe sighed and then chuckled.
“ It’s my job to worry about you.” He whispered. I smiled and laughed, softly.
” And it’s also a rule to go and make up with Kevin.” I said. Joe huffed and tighten his arms around my stomach. I felt him rest his chin onto my shoulder, his stubble rubbing on my skin. It made me shudder.
“ But he made you upset, baby. I hate seeing you upset.” Joe replied. I sighed and folded over the corner of the page. I turned around so I was sitting opposite Joe, his hands on my hips. He rubbed his nose against mine, Eskimo kisses.
“ I know. And I hate being upset, but he is your big brother. Bros before hoes.” I said. Joe rolled his eyes and kissed the end of my nose. He sighed and got off the bed. He brushed down the skinny jeans he was wearing, before smiling at me.
“ By the way, you aren’t a hoe.” He said, before walking out. I rolled my eyes and laughed.

The front door opened of the room and I walked out of the bedroom to see Nick sitting on the couch.
“ Hey, what’s up?” I asked, sitting next to him. He shrugged his shoulders, rubbing his hands together.
“ Nothing. I just think that Sammie is annoyed with me.” He admitted. I narrowed my eyebrows, lifting my knees up to my chest. Nick sighed and ran his fingers through his hair.
“ Why?” I asked, curiously. He shrugged his shoulders, yet again.
“ Because of the whole Miley thing. I can’t believe I let her get to me again. We dated, ages ago, I’ve moved on! Im in love with Sammie.” Nick said. I nodded.
“ I know Before The Storm is your favourite song off of Lines, Vines and Trying Times, but the second your dad said Miley’s name, your face light up. It was like a fat kid in a candy store.” I joked, elbowing him in the ribs lightly. He laughed softly.
“ So what do I do? Sammie thinks that I still like Miley, but I really don’t. Miley’s just a good friend, that’s all.” Nick was getting frustrated with himself. I patted his head.
“ Just take her out for dinner, explain everything. And also tell her you love her, because it makes a girl feel great.” I told him.
“ But I’ve never said that to her before. What happens when I say it and she doesn’t reply? Huh? What do I do then?”
“ It’s just a risk you have to be willing to take.”

Nick left my room 10 minutes after our talk, making the situation difficult. As he left, he informed me that they were doing the live chat in 30 mins. I told him that I would tell Joe the second he got in.
“ Hey baby. Everything is okay. Kev and me are good. But he wants to talk to you.” Joe said, walking through the conjoining door. I smiled at him as he joined me on the couch.
“ Im not ready to talk to him yet. Nick said you are doing the live chat in…” I looked at my watch. “ 15 minutes.” Joe jumped off the couch and ran into the bedroom.
“ I gotta do my hair.” He squealed. I rolled my eyes and got off the couch, following him into our bedroom. I found him sitting on the bed, his hair gel in his hands. He smiled at me.
“ I thought you would follow me.” He said, making it sound really perverted. I held my stomach as I laughed, hysterically. Joe sighed and rolled his eyes at me. I took a deep breath, before walking over to him and sitting next to him. He placed the gel into my hands and I unscrewed the lid. I put a small amount of my fingers and ran them through Joe’s curly hair.
“ Hmm…Do you want to know something, Haylee?” He said. I sat in his lap, finishing his hair. I nodded my head.
“ What, Joey?” I asked him. He pushed his lips against mine, slipping his tongue into my mouth. I gasped; it was something I wasn’t expecting. I wrapped my arms around his neck, running my fingers through the bottom of his curls. I could feel him smirking against my lips so I pulled away. I gave him a quick kiss before climbing off his lap.
“ Come on, Joey. We have to go to your parents room for the live chat.” I said, smiling at him. His lips were bright red and he looked worried.
“ I’ll meet you there…I have something to sort out.” He said, his eyes flashing to his pants. I smirked to myself and walked out of the room, picking up my phone and one of the door keys.

I walked into Denise and Paul’s room and saw how many people were in there. There were the people who were sorting out the chat and web cam, Nick, Sammie, Denise, Paul, Kevin and Kimmy, Frankie, Demi and the whole band. I smiled at them.
“ Where’s Joe?” John Taylor asked. I tried not to laugh.
“ He’s coming.” I said, them burst into giggles. My hand was clamped over my mouth. Everyone watched me as I gasped for breath. The door opened and Joe walked in, with different pants on, making me laugh even harder. He narrowed his eyebrows, as he walked towards me, wrapping his arms around my waist.
“ Nice pants, Jonas.” I said, smirking. He chuckled.
“ It wasn’t my fault.” He said, before walking off. I gasped and then laughed. I went to stand with Nick and Sammie. They both looked at me.
“ What’s up with you and Joe?” Nick asked. I narrowed my eyebrows at him.
“ What do you mean? There’s nothing wrong.” I was confused. Nick laughed.
“ Everytime you look at him, you are smirking. And everytime he looks at you, he blushes. What have you done to my brother? I want Joe back.” Nick said. I rolled my eyes.
“ Guys, two minutes. Sit down.” Big Rob barked at the boys from behind, making me jump. He chuckled as the boys sat down on the couch.
“ So are you and Nick going public?” I asked her, as we sat on the other couch, behind the web cam. She shook her head.
“ No, we decided that it would be better for the both of us to keep private.” She said. I nodded, understanding. They both were only 16; I wasn’t expecting Nick to tell the whole world.
“ I understand. So is it that obvious with me and Joe?” I asked. We both were lying across the couch, while everyone was faffing around with everything. The band was sitting to the left of the camera, hidden and Demi was in the bathroom. Kimmy was standing against the window, staring out of it. Denise and Frankie were in his room, playing cards.

“ Yeah. What’s going on with you two?” She asked. I blushed and smiled, slightly.
“ Major make-out session.” I said. She giggles and covered her mouth. I rolled my eyes at her, as the both stared to talk, making up everything.
“ Ahh. That’s understandable.” She replied. I shook my head and laughed.
“ And he got a boner.” I whispered. She started to choke on air. I smacked her on the back, hard, to help her breath.
“ What?” She said, as the boys watched us. I laughed and turned to her.
“ I know. That’s why I kept smirking at him.” I explained. She laughed and smiled at me.
“ That’s quite funny.” She said, laughing again. Frankie came skipping over to us, smiling.
“ TANK!” Joe yelled. Frankie’s head shot up as he looked at Joe.
“ They are going nuts. Frankie! Tank! Frank!” Kevin said, reading the comments off the screen. He rolled his eyes at me and walked around, sitting on Joe’s lap.
“ Hey.” He said, waving at the screen. I smiled at Joe and he winked at me. I laughed again.

Me, Frankie and Sammie were in Frankie’s room, sitting on his bed playing go fish. The door was open so we could still hear what the boys were saying.
“ Where’s Haylee? JonasGirl167 says.” Nick said, his eyes flashing over to the door. My head shot around and I rolled my eyes. I knew someone was going to ask that.
“ She is playing go fish with Frankie. You want her to come her?” Joe said, smirking. By the look on Joe’s face, everyone wanted to see me. I rolled my eyes and put my cards down.
“ No looking.” I pointed my finger at Frankie’s nose. He rolled his eyes at me.
“ Gotcha.” He said, as I walked out. I flopped onto the couch, in between Joe and Nick. They both smiled at me.
“ Hey Haylee.” Nick said. I smiled at him.
” Hey Nicky.” I said, messing up his hair. Someone told me to do it.
“ Thanks for that. Anyway, who was winning go fish? Katie892 asks.” Nick said. I laughed.
“ Not me. I think it was Frankie.” I said, smiling. Joe started to laugh, hysterically. We all turned to look at him, worried. He shook his head at us, but wrapped his arm around my shoulder.
“ So, I have something to say.” Joe said, smiling at me. I rolled my eyes at him and chuckled.
“ So you all know Haylee is my bestest friend in the whole wide world?” Joe said, before waiting for the comments to rush in. “ Well, she is also my girlfriend.” Everyone smiled at us. The four of us watched as the comments rolled in. I laughed at some of the cute ones.
“ Ha ha. I like that one. ‘Joe you could do so much better.’ Good one.” I chuckled, not even caring about it. Joe smiled at me.
“ No, I couldn’t.” He replied, kissing my temple. I smiled at Garbo, who was sitting on the other side of the camera. I started pulling funny faces at the band and they were on the floor, laughing. I smiled at the boys.
“ Im going back to play cards with Frankie.” I said. I gave them a quick wave, before wandering off back into Frankie’s room. He smiled at me.
“ Joey loves you.” He sang. I rolled my eyes, picking my cards up.

I stood behind the camera as Demi sat with the boys, chatting.
“ Where’s your laptop?” I mouthed to Nick. He squeezed around Joe and Demi and leant over the table.
“ In my room.” He said, handing me his door card. I thanked him and wandered out of the room. Sammie had an amazing idea; go onto the boy’s web chat and start talking to them. I skipped along to Nick and Kevin’s room and opened the door. I went into Nick’s part of the room and picked up his laptop bag, checking if it was in there. I threw the bag over my shoulder and skipped along back to Denise and Paul’s room. I smiled at Nick, and threw him his door card. He thanked me.
“ It’s my door card for my room.” He explained. I walked into Frankie’s room and I flopped onto his bed, undoing the laptop case. Frankie sat in Sammie’s lap, and then sat against the wall. I quickly signed in into Nick’s account and then onto the website. Frankie jumped up and shut the door. I smiled at him and I started to write things into the box.
“ Ooh, write to Joe how hot his girlfriend is.” Sammie said, clapping her hands together. Frankie and me laughed, but I typed it in anyway. Hey, Joe. Your girlfriend is majorly fit ;) We couldn’t stop laughing as Joe’s face dropped.
“ Uh, thanks I guess.” He said, making us laugh even harder. My hand was clamped over my mouth as Sammie took the laptop off me. Hey Nicky. I hope you’re a single pringle, cause you’re fineee. After Sammie wrote that, I was nearly on the floor. All of us tried our hardest not to laugh as Nick chuckled. Hmm…Kevin. Those curls, I want you. I wrote. We watched as Kevin’s hand went to his curls. Joe stood up, his eyes flickering over to Frankie’s room. I watched him slowly walk past Nick and I flicked the laptop shut. Joe opened the door to see us three just chatting about the tour. He narrowed his eyebrows and walked back out, shutting the door.

I opened the laptop up again and smiled. Hey, Joey. Where’d you go? I missed you. I typed, smirking. Joe rolled his eyes at the camera.
“ Hey, Haylee. I know it’s you.” Joe smirked. I laughed. It’s not me, Joey. Ha ha. Love you.
“ I know. I know.” He said, smiling. “ And now it’s payback. Everybody, follow HayleeMason<3JB. You spell it H-A-Y-L-E-E one of them arrow things, 3 M-A-S-O-N. Got it? Good, then mob her by tweeting about her.” I smacked my hand against my forehead as I saw the comments. Joe laughed at the camera. I hate you…now who thinks they are hard? :P I wrote, making Sammie burst into giggles. Joe’s eyebrows narrowed.
“ Stop. Now.” He said. I shook my head, and then realized that he could see me. Love you Joey. xx I wrote, and then signed out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hehe. :)
I know I havent updated for over a month. But your comments do help alot.
Thanks for your support. :)
Livvy.