The Consequences

Better

"Who was that?" Alek almost shouted. "Is he the real reason you left," He asked again a little quieter.

"No, Alek, he's just a friend. Nothing more, nothing less." I said tiredly.

I don't like fights because I always fell under pressure and break down crying in the end.

"Well you two didn't seem to just friends. Honestly Marie, what do you expect me to believe. Especially after you just disappear!"

"I don't expect you to believe anything." I say with tears welling in my eyes.

Alek see's this and sighs.

"Look Marie, baby please don't cry."He says softly walking over to me and pulling me into a hug.

"I just, seeing you with another guy besides Caleb just, I don't know, I get jealous knowing they could possibly take you from me." He says quietly not letting me go.

We stayed like that, hugging afraid to let go, for a while until Jessa started to cry. I pulled away and walked over to her. She was changed and into her fire state. Her red hair flowing and her orange yellow eyes looking up at me. She stopped crying once I picked her up and bounced her slightly.

She giggles and claps her hands making fire appear on her right hand.

I stopped bouncing her and she looked at her hand in amazement.

Moving the colourful flame from one hand to the next.

I walked over to her night stand and pulled out a bitten off hershey's kiss and broke a piece off. Putting it in her mouth. After a few seconds she returned to normal and started to cry again.

"Can I see her." Alek ask's walking over to up. I hand her over to him and she stops crying as soon as he's holding her.

She looks up at him and smiles a toothless smile. As if knowing that's her father.
****************************
After that day almost two weeks ago, things have gotten slightly better.

Heath stopped picking on me, some, hell, he's basically ignoring me in school. Which is the almost the best thing that's happened.

I made more friends. A girl named Marisè, she has short brown hair that has purple tips with a pixie cut. And a boy named Ryan, he had the same drk brown hair as Marisè
that's cut into a Faux Hawk. Both him and Marisè have the some chocolate brown eyes seeing as their twins and all.

Jackie is just as annoying as ever with her little followers Rebecca and Jasmine. Constantly thinking of ways to annoy me. one day she even went as far as to dump a cup of water on me in the cafeteria on accident, yeah right. I don't see why she hates me so much.

Max was now officially my best friend, besides Caleb, no doubt. And it also seems that him and Caleb have gotten closer. Max has also left Jackie's little group and always stands up for me when Jackie or whoever try's to pull something at school or at home.

No one know about my meet with Alek two weeks ago and I don't think I plan on telling them anytime soon either till the right time. Well Caleb and Max anyway. Ryan and Marisè don't know anything about who Jessa's father is and they don't ask either.

Since then Alek has visited three more times. Each time bonding with Jessa more and more in my bedroom. She shows him a new trick every time he comes over.

On his third visit she made a little horse out of water and fire and made them sort of dance around each other till they collided and made a horse of ice.

I'm starting to think things are finally getting better. I'm passing school on honors and Jessa got her first tooth growing in. Except for the fact she bites on every little thing she can find I can honestly say things are looking up.