The Consequences

Uncle Kane..

There standing in my bedroom doorway was Alek, with a look of pure shock and confusion clear across his slightly tan face. He shook his head, taking the look off his face and walked into the room fully.

"Uncle Kane, what are you doing here?" Alek said

"You know my job. The real question is why are you here."The man now named Kane answered. He looked between Alek to Jessa. Then From Jessa to me. Then he looked at Alek again and looked at me. As if putting the pieces to a four year old's puzzle together.

"Well now Alek I can honestly say she looks just like you," he says referring to Jessa. "Does your father know?"

"No I wasn't planning on telling him either." Alek says now standing in front of Kane. He tells Jessa to let Kane down and she does, with him falling to the floor, the vines suddenly disappearing from around him. He gets up and wipes away imaginary dust from his cloths.

"Well now that I know I suggest you tell him or I'll have to do it myself. And we know how he would react if something this big isn't told directly to him by his own son." Kane says with disappointment in his voice.

From what I heard around the castle when I still worked there was that Alek was his favourite nephew. I barely know this Kane man. But I feel as if somehow I was the reason he was disappointed in Alek.

And as soon as he was here he was gone.

****************************

Hours had passed since me and Jessa got a visit from Alek's Uncle Kane. And by then I was beyond scared that someone like him, a bounty hunter, would come in, in the middle of the night, and take my Jessa away. Alek was still here and it was because I was scared to be alone right now.

I layed Jessa down in the middle of my bed, there was no way she was sleeping in her crib tonight, and went to my dresser. I pulled out some pyjamas and put them on. Not really caring if Alek was watching me or not. He's seen it all before so there was no point in being shy about getting dressed. When I was finished, I went to my uncles room and got a pair of pyjama pants for Alek. Auntie and Uncle went on their trip to Peru earlier than planed.

I walked back in the room quietly and handed him the cotton material. He went to the bathroom, quickly got dressed and came back in the room. By then I was already in the bed and was laying next to Jessa, who had long ago fallen asleep. I closed my eye and just layed there.

The bed dipped and I opened my eyes to see Alek laying on the other side of Jessa. We layed there, looking at each other till the silence was unbearable.

"They won't take her from me will they?" I ask softly.

"I won't let them." He says just as softy before I drift off to sleep.