The Consequences

Understanding

"Grandfather?" I ask. I've heard about Alek's father when I worked in the palace. All the maids would call him mean and would say he's a horrid man. That he was as vicious as a rabid dog on a long leash.

"Are you Alek's father?" I ask. He just smiles and nods.
"Yes I am." He says, a smile still gracing his face.

"Why are you here?"
"What's so bad about me visiting my granddaughter?" He says with pretend hurt in his voice.

I shake my head. "No nothing sir. Your Highness. Mr. Monselli." I say in a hurry. He laughs. "Just call me Cedric."

"Ok, Cedric," I say slowly. "What I meant was, how do you know about Jessa?"

"Well I know everything that goes on in Alek's life. Wether he just got an A on a paper or he's bringing a girl over. I know everything that goes on in my sons life. That or the fact that Heath told me a few days ago. I just needed to come see if it was true."

"Wait Heath told you?" I say. It didn't really surprise me. Heath doesn't like me so I can understand him telling Alek's dad.

Cedric nods his head,

"So Alek doesn't know that your here?"

"Not that I know. As far as he's concerned I'm in my study being a bitter old man." He says with a chuckle. "So can I hold her." I hand Jessa over to him. He tickles her tummy and she giggles, wrapping her tiny fingers around his hair.

I walk over the to my computer chair and sit down. Cedric sits on the purple fluffy recliner next to Jessa's crib.

"So how old is she." He asks once he sit's in the chair.

"Well she's about to be one in two weeks." I say relaxing.

"Um if you don't mind me asking why aren't you angry that Jessa is a half-breed. I mean I thought you would have had her taken away once you found out she was alive." I say.

"Oh. Well about that. I should be angry, just like any other man in charge would be when things are going wrong, but I'm not. You see, there's absolutely nothing with half-breeds. Their not dangerous," he says pausing
"Well not that dangerous. Ok they are dangerous, but if taught how to control their powers correctly their, they can be absolutely harmless." He says, relaxing in the chair.

"Well then how come Kane made a big deal about it when he came."

"What? Kane came to give you a visit and he didn't tell me." Cedric says, sitting up on the chair and readjusting Jessa.

"Well yes but Alek was here so he didn't take her away."

"Well if I know my brother, the reason he didn't tell me was because he wants Alek to do it himself. But on the other hand Kane can be very dangerous when things don't go his way.I have to go now but be careful, and don't let Alek know I visited you. I wanna know how longs it takes for him to grow a pair and tell me about my beautiful granddaughter and her mother." Cedric says, standing up from the chair and handing Jessa to me. And as soon as he was here he was gone.

I set Jessa in her crib bending over so I was almost at her height in the crib.

"So how'd you like the visit from your grandfather?" I ask her.
She smiles showing her two top and bottom teeth.
"Yeah I enjoyed it too." I say.

I stand up straight and walk over to my dressed and pull out some pyjamas. Once I make sure Jessa's asleep I head to the bathroom and take a long awaited shower.
One I finish I put on my P.J's and head to my bed falling into a dreamless sleep.