The Consequences

Headed For The Highway

Jessa was sitting in her highchair with baby food everywhere. It was all over her face, in her hair, on her clothes and floor, and somehow it got on the refrigerator and counters, which were all the way across the room. It's a good thing Chef Kranton wasn't here to see the mess Jessa made in his kitchen.

I look over to Alek to find him stifling a laugh. I sigh and walk over to Jessa while she giggled and continued slinging food over the kitchen. I pick her up and hand her to Alek. She giggles and latches on to his hair with mashed peas still on her hands, getting it in his hair.

Alek sighs and hold her at arms length while she wiggles, trying to get a good grasp on his hair again.

"I'm gonna go get her cleaned up." He's says walking through the halls and up the stairs to the bathroom. I walk over to the closet and pull out a rag and cleaner to start cleaning up the mess on the refrigerator and counters.

After cleaning up the mess, which took about ten minutes, I headed upstairs to my bedroom where I was sure to find Jessa and Alek. I walked into the room to see Alek with Jessa and her bags already packed.

"I have your bag packed too," he says picking up a black duffle bag off the floor and placing it on the bed.

"What am I supposed to tell my Aunt? I just can't leave without telling her something." I say as I grabbed Jessa and Alek grabbed the bags, heading down the stairs to the front door.

As much as I don't like my aunt, I still believe she should know where I am. She should be coming home in a few days with uncle and if were not back by then, which I know we won't be, I don't want her to have to worry more. She still doesn't Jackie is missing.

"We can just tell her that your going to visit some old friends and you'll be back in a week or so." He says, putting the bags in the trunk of his car. He had already gotten a carseat for Jessa so we didn't have to worry about anything.

Five minutes later we were out the driveway and headed to the highway.
♠ ♠ ♠
IT'S FINALLY HERE! I was trying to get it out earlier but Acrobat.com is a bitch on my compupu.
115 Readers, 15 subscribers, 5 comments...
I see fault in that situation.
If you actually read the authors note's comment saying
"Holy sugar cookie's batman!"
I wanna know how many of you actually are loyal enough to comment.
Cause silent readers scare me and your making my writers fears come true.