The Consequences

Re-Acquainting

There standing right in front of me was Heath Jacobs. Alek's best friend.

I stood there in the doorway with a shocked expression on my face.

"Marie. Is that you?" He says. I nodded slowly. "Why'd you leave. Alek's been a mess with out you. Do you know what you've done. He has most of his troops searching for you." He starts to yell. Jessa started to squirm in my arms. Heath's gaze went down, lifting the tension, to a very awake Jessa. "Who's th-"

He was cut off by someone clearing their throat. Standing behind him was Caleb. Alek's other best friend and mine as well.

"Marie," He say with a confused look on his face also. "What are you doing here, and who's baby is that."

I kept silent but the look on my face was able to tell it all. Me and Caleb were so close we practically called each other brother and sister. "Is this why you ran away?" he said quietly. I nod my head and walk to sit in one the chairs. Heath and Caleb followed and soon I was sitting between both of them.

We were sitting there for a few minutes and I started to wonder where the person who belongs behind the desk is. After some time Caleb decided to break the silence.

"Marie why didn't you just tell him and stay with us?" He asked with a hint of sadness in his voice.

"I couldn't stay there. I would've brought too much trouble to him." I didn't bother to say his name because I knew it would bring back unwanted memories. "Look I have to go you could tell him you saw me or whatever I don't care I just have to go." I say hurrying to get out the door to the little office.

"Wait," Heath says. "Before you go can you at least tell us her name so Alek at least knows some part of his life hasn't been wasted." I cringe at the harshness in his voice and tell them her name.

I walk out the office and left the room so I was now in the hall way.

I pull out my cell phone and call my aunt so she can pick me up. After re-acquainting with Caleb and Heath I needed go home and clear my head. A whole new wave or worries washed over me.