Status: On a small break because I have too many stories going.

Time Is Galleons

House party - Part 2

"Sorry Viktor," George and I mumbled while we left to go after Fred. I really felt bad for him at this point. This night was not his whatsoever.

We got lucky and found ways to avoid the Malfoys while we found Fred. Him and Louise were shouting at each other. George and I slowly turned our attention to each other quickly before looking at the scene before us.

"How could you?!"

"How could I what, Fred?!"

"How could you bring Viktor here! Are you dating him now, is that it?"

"No, I'm not! I asked him over because my family was throwing a party and I wanted to be polite! He was nice and asked me to the Yule Ball when he didn't have to, he could have asked anyone else! God forbid I want to be nice back, right?"

"You're missing the point!"

"No, you are, Fred." Her voice was now calm. I whispered to George and said it was the calm before the storm.

George slowly looked down at me and murmured, "we should go. This isn't our scene. I want to give him some privacy. I don't feel right watching this."

"I don't either, come on." I grabbed his hand softly and started to walk towards Mr. Weasley and my father.

We didn't really do much more than listen to what they were chatting about. Mr. Weasley kept catechizing about Muggle things. All the way from the way a light bulb works to the way a tele worked. I couldn't help but to giggle at this. It was fun watching how pure-blood wizards who weren't sucked into their own world found Muggle things interesting. I mean, they weren't that interesting to me considering I was brought up without magic, but I could understand. I felt the same way when I found out about magic.

Sure, both of my parents were Muggle-born wizards, but my parents wanted me to be brought up the way they were. A way that I would understand both worlds and be even more excepting.

"Mr. Weasley. You want to know something really interesting? Have my dad explain football. Now that's interesting."

"Which one?" My dad asked.

"Soccer, not American Football."

"If there's time, Gregory, do you think you could possibly explain both? They do sound particularly interesting."

"Well, I don't know about time, but I could surely explain whatever I can tonight here and the party and maybe we could have dinner tomorrow night and I could finish?"

"Oh, that'd be wonderful. Come over at six, Molly will be happy to have people over." All of a sudden, a gasp and yelling could be heard. "Blimey, what is that?" Mr. Weasley turned in the sound of the racket.

Another gasp. But this time, it came from George. "That's Fred's voice. From the sound of it, he's in some sort of brawl with Krum."

George and I ran. Turns out, George was right once again. The blokes were at it. Louise was standing there with her hands over her mouth, gasping while Viktor and Fred fought — and it wasn't with wands. In all honesty, who in their right minds would try to have a fist fight with a professional quidditch player? They had to be high off their trolleys to try that one.

By the time the two were pulled apart and done fighting Mrs. Weasley was freaking out. More than I've seen her freak out before. Even more than she did about the Weasley Wizard Wheezes. Draco was sneering in the corner with his father and mother, and I stood there next to Louise and Ron. I don't think Louise could really even process that both Fred and Krum had quite large black eyes from each other.

Ron slowly leaned over towards us and sighed slightly, "so, I think an autograph is quite out of the question, huh?"

I gradually leaned towards Ron and deliberately smacked his arm. "Yes, Ron. Your brother just fought him. It's out of the question."

"Bloody hell. . ."

ϟ


Fred was sulking in his bed with the newly formed bruise on his face. Mrs. Weasley refused to heal it and told him to deal with all of the pain as a lesson. George and I wanted to say something, or at least wanted to leave him alone. But therein lies therein lies the problem — the twins shared a room and there was virtually no other room in the house to be alone. We decided to be quiet for Fred, though. Only time we talked was in hushed whispers. I yawned as I cuddled up to George even more under the covers and closed my eyes. With all this quietness, it was making me rather sleepy. I think it was having the same effect on George. He lethargically kissed the top of my head before leaning it back on the pillow.

We were about to fall asleep when the door was slammed open. I jumped while George pulled me closer. My eyes shot open like a rocket and I moved George's arm to turn and see just who the bloody hell was barging in the room rudely. It was Louise. She smiled at George and I sympathetically.

"Sorry, looks like you two were sleeping. Really didn't mean to wake you up, but could I have a moment alone with our dear fighter, please?"

"S-sure thing," I yawned out. Both George and I got out of bed sluggishly and slumped outside the newly closed door. We had no intentions of listening in, Louise knew that. We weren't sitting outside the door for that. We had been tired and a had a long night — everyone had one tonight. I leaned my head against George's shoulder and closed my eyes.

Faintly and not by choice, I could hear them start to pick up their bickering.

"I can't believe you started that fight with him."

"He's trying to get with you!"

"Fred, you punched him and started that fight! Be happy he's not pressing charges! He has more than enough money to do that!"

"He's lucky I didn't give him more than a black eye if you asked me," Fred scuffed, sounding like he was getting closer to her.

"Fred! Start acting mature! Now tell me why you started that damn fight!" Louise raged as her voice got louder and Fred continued to provoke her.

"Because I don't want some other man trying to get with my girlfriend!"

"Fred. . ." There was a pause. I don't know what was happening in that pause. "We're not together. . ." From what she just said, I don't think anything happened.

"Oh shut the bloody hell up, you pillock."

Within thirty seconds, I think George knew that the fight was over. He stood up and grabbed my hand, barging in the room. "Alright, if you two are going to snog and make up, do it somewhere else. Abbie and I are falling asleep out there and I just want to see the inside of my eye lids."

Louise's face was burning up red while Fred smirked. The luminous shine he always had when he was with Louise was now filling him once more.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's sucky.
Enjoy.

CHECK OUT:
This is My True Mask
ft. Lucius Malfoy.
Thank you all for those who actually have been reading it.
I really do appreciate it.

x