Status: On a small break because I have too many stories going.

Time Is Galleons

Romantic nights

It was eight-thirty at night and I was exhausted and feeling completely crappy. it was about the second week that I had done nothing after classes but lay down in George's bed and be sick. Normally, I'd be in my bed, I was sick and I wanted something that I loved to comfort me. I had caught some stupid stomach bug that had been floating around Hogwarts. Somehow George didn't catch it. I wish I was at lucky as him. I turned onto my right side and sighed. George had been sitting at the end of the bed, reading a lesson in a Potions book that I had missed. I felt bad for him, because I had been sick with whatever I had and refused to go to Madam Pomfrey for it, George had been with me in between every class taking care of me. He was honestly the best boyfriend that anyone could ask for, how did I get this lucky? Who knew.

"Doxycide — a solution used to—"

"George, as much as I really do appreciate you keeping me up to date on my lessons, I'm feeling rather. . .I don't know. Just potions isn't making me feel any better." I gave him a weak smile and rested my head on the pillow. I closed my eyes and felt George get up from the bed. He walked over to me quietly and kissed my forehead. I didn't open my eyes until I heard him open the door. "Where are you going?"

"Don't worry, I'm just going in the common room to get something, I'll be right back."

"Tell Fred I said hi."

"Will do." He left the door open and walked into the common room. I could hear him talking with Fred and Harry. "Abbie says hi, Fred."

"How's she doing? Any better? I really do feel bad for her. She's so tiny and frail, she seems like she's gonna snap. Especially with how sick she's been."

"She's gotten it the worse, I reckon," said Harry, "Ron doesn't have it that bad. I mean yeah, he's missed a few classes, but no where as bad as Abbie."

"Do you know what time she wakes up sick? Three o'clock in the morning! And then again at five. It's ridiculous. I get up almost everytime with her. I mean, I really don't blame her, and I don't mind, I just wish she'd feel better, you know? I don't like seeing her sick."

"Where're you taking that, mate?" questioned Harry.

"I'm gonna cheer her up a bit, she needs it. Poor thing looks miserable. I want her to smile."

I could hear the three of them laugh a little before I heard steps up the stairs once more. At first they were faint, but the sound grew and grew. Not long after, the door knob creaked softly whilst being turned. I opened my eyes slowly to see who it was, I had an idea, but I wasn't sure. As soon as I saw George, I gave him another weak smile but was rather confused when he turned.

"Close your eyes — better yet — turn on your other side and face the opposite side of the room."

I was too weak to argue else wise. I turned over on the opposite side and closed my eyes. I could hear him set something up, next was a curtain being shut, which I'm guessing was a bed curtain. He tugged on my hand. "Come on, up you go," I blinked while complying. What did this boy have in mind? He pulled me into the middle of the dormitory before walking over and pressing a button on whatever he had hidden behind the curtain. I hear slow music and smiled at him. He smiled widely after I did and held a hand out to me. "Would you care to dance with me, Miss Abbigail?"

"If you'd like to dance with someone who looks as much of a piece of rubbish as I do right now, then I'd love to, Mr. Weasley."

I gripped his hand and he pulled me in close. "You don't look like rubbish. You look beautiful." His hand slowly made its way down to my waist as I place my hand on his shoulder. I rested my head against his chest. He held my hand and his and brought it to his lips, kissing it softly, before we started to sway to the music. I couldn't help but to smile.

I am alone,
Surrounded by darkness.
I've seen how heartless the world can be.
And I've seen you crying,
You felt like it's hopeless.
I'll always do my best,
To make you see.


I had never heard this song before — then again, I didn't listen to much music. Even though we did have little radios that were about the only electrical thing that worked in Hogwarts it played quite a bit in the common room, I never really paid much attention to it.

Baby, you're not alone,
'Cause you're here with me.
And nothing's ever gonna bring us down,
'Cause nothing can keep me from loving you.
And you know it's true.
It don't matter what'll come to be,
Our love is all we need to make it through.


I slowly lifted my head and looked up at George who seemed to be grinning quite widely. I think he was enjoying this song as much as I was. If I could fit how I felt about George, I think it'd be this song. He gradually leaned down and kissed me softly. I pulled back after a little and whispered an 'I love you' to him. He returned it and kissed my hand once more. As I returned my head to his chest, we listened to the lyrics once more.

Now I know it ain't easy,
But it aint hard trying.
Every time I see you smiling,
And I feel you so close to me.


All of a sudden, as George and I were swaying to the music, someone bust through the door. "George, do you have any homework that I can cop—" George and I looked to see Fred, standing in the doorway, feeling obviously awkward. "Oh. . .so that's what you wanted the radio for, really sorry. . ."

ϟ


It was about a week later and most of us had been sitting on the couches in the common room. Louise was sitting on Fred's lap, playing with his hair and giggling about something. I was on George's lap with my head on his shoulder, still sick. Hermione was sick, as well as Harry. They were sitting next to each other and Ron on the couch — who was feeling completely better. Most of us had gotten sick, although, I had been sick the longest. George was still worrying since I refused to go Madam Pomfrey about it. I pulled the blanket slightly tighter that was wrapped around my body.

"I can't believe we're sick. I don't want to miss any more classes!" said Hermione. "I already missed them today because of this cold that Ronald gladly passed onto everyone." She glared at Ron before looking at Harry. "And Harry's sick too! With the second task coming up in a few weeks. This bad. We need to get to the library and do research, the time is running thin."

"Hermione, I understand everything you're saying," I started, "but you're sick. The professors understand that you missed a lesson because of it. And if you need to go to the library so bad, why don't you and Harry go to Madam Pomfrey?"

"I don't know why I haven't thought of that," she stood up, grabbing Harry as well. "Why don't you go too? You've been sick the longest and you're only slightly better."

"I rather just let mother nature take it's course."
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chapter is short.
But I felt like George would do something romantic like that if she was really that sick.
Sure the twins are pretty much never serious, but I dunno.
I feel like that'd have a serious and romantic side to them. (:
Kudos to anyone who realized what that song's from.
Shout out in the next chapter to who can tell me where it's from first and who's version it is.
And sorry, Alex, but you're excluded since you've been right next me while I wrote this. XD

x