Status: On a small break because I have too many stories going.

Time Is Galleons

Quidditch World Cup part two

The Quidditch match was unbelievable. Ireland won no doubt. As we walked back to our tent, Fred, George, Ginny, Hermione and I decided to rub it in Louise, Ron and Harry for the winning. Alot of people were celebrating that the fact that Ireland won the Cup. When we got into the tent, I instantly ran into the kitchen, my stomach grumbling, pleading for food. Louise accompanied me. As I rummaged through the fridge, she spoke up.

"You know, it was funny to see how excited you got tonight?"

"Was it? I didn't notice."

"You could definitely tell it was your first time being to the World Cup."

I let out a small laugh, practically drooling over the slice of cake that I cut for myself. "You'd think with my aunt being on a professional team, I'd be used to seeing real games live. But never have I been to a World Cup match before," my slight British accent pervaded the small kitchen.

It looked like Louise's eyes bulged out of her head. "What?!" She soon realized that she must have looked like an idiot with the dumbfound look on her face, she quickly straightened out her outfit and stood up straight. "I mean, I beg your pardon?"

I always admired the way Louise dressed. It was rather — cute per se. I mean, yeah, I dressed differently than her and I loved my style, but hers was cute. Though, I never liked the shoes she wore, once in a while I did. She was dressed in a darkish-blue pair of skinny jeans with slight rips on them. For her upper body, she had a white shirt on with a dark grey knit over shirt with two pockets and white buttons going down it. On top of all the clothes covering her torso and chest was a light grey jacket where the sleeves laid on her arm, slightly below her elbow. To go with the rest of her outfit, she wore white running shoes(at least they looked like it) and a ring and necklace that Fred had given her over the years for Christmas.

"She's on the State's team," I walked out as Louise grabbed an apple, still looking at me in awe.

When I sat down at the table with my food, the twins were dancing and humming. As I took a bite, I laughed out, "you two are still celebrating?"

They pretended to use their flags as instruments.

Ron spoke out, clearly excited. "There's no one like Krum!"

"Krum!" One of the twins grunted.

"He's like a bird the way he flies!"

Fred began to pretend to fly like a bird, using his long arms as wings. It was funny to watch him. I loved everything about the twins. Their personality especially. We were so much alike, all three of us, but I was more timid with mine. George soon joined in with Fred, circling their youngest brother. Giggles could be hear from Louise and I, who were sitting next to each other eating. Harry was standing a few feet away from them, a smirk on his face as he watched. Even Mr. Weasley was on a chair, enjoying the show.

"He's more than an athlete," Ron started as the twin with the Irish flag painted on threw an Irish flag on top of Ron's head and shoulders. The flag engulfed him as he struggled to get free, his head popping out first as his arms flailed. "He's an artist!"

Ginny came out from the girl's room and touched Ron's shoulders, looking up at her older brother. "I think you're in love Ron!"

"Shut up, you!"

"Viktor, I love you!" Fred began to sing as the twins jumped into place.

"Viktor I doooo!"

"When we're apart, my heart beats only for yoooou," Fred, George, Harry and I all sung concordantly. I got up and walked over to George as Fred jokingly shoved Ron slightly. The brothers soon started to hit each other with pillows. I grabbed his sweater near his chest slightly before he spoke up.

"Sounds like the Irish got their pride on." He soon pulled me into a hug as I laughed. They were getting loud outside. But, we were having so much fun inside, I don't really think we noticed.

"Stop!" Mr. Weasley started as he quickly ran over to Fred, pushing him off Ron trying to quiet the both of them. "Stop it! It's not the Irish," the apprehension in his eyes was more than clear. He placed his hand on George's arm and glanced at us briskly before walking over to Ginny. "We gotta get out of here." Ginny looked from her father to Fred and Harry, the smile on her face instantly turning into a frightened stare.

I couldn't do anything but stare at Mr. Weasley. My grip on George's sweater grew tighter and tighter. I knew that George knew considering he pulled me closer to him.

It wasn't long before we were all rushed out of the tent. George held my hand as tight as Fred held Louise's. Harry, Ron and Hermione stayed close together while the four of us and Ginny stayed close. All around us was people screaming and running. Mr. Weasley soon came out of the tent and started yelling directions at us. "Get to the Portkey everyone and stay together! Fred, George, Ginny and the girls are your responsibility. Go!" He took out his wand and headed in the other direction.

The six of us ran towards the Portkey. For some reason we stopped. I looked back and Hermione was yelling at Harry to come on. As soon as he did, we booked it. I glanced back for a second and froze. It was the first time I had ever seen a seen a Death Eater. In the States there really wasn't any. It seemed You-Know-Who didn't pay much attention to other countries. I stumbled slightly backwards as George continued to run. When he realized my legs weren't moving, he looked back at me.

"Abbie, come on!"

My hand trembled in his. I could hear them chanting or something as they set things on fire. I had never seen something so cruel — so sinister before. George tugged my arm and I snapped out of it. I looked over at him and began running once more. That part of the night was a night I wish I could forget.

ϟ


It had been eight days since I had seen anyone. On the twenty-third of August, the day after the Quidditch World Cup, I went back home. My dad always had me come home for the last week of summer holidays. We spent a day in Diagon Alley getting stuff for my fourth year and then a few day in the States for clothes shopping and other things. Dad was finally making money for me to buy clothes I wanted. Being an only child was a bit spoiling from time to time.

I hugged my dad as I left to get on the Hogwarts Express. I walked through the long, red halls of each cart looking for the twins. I saw Riku run back to me and meowed. He found the twins. I followed him, bumping in to people as I walked. When I reached the wooden door, I slid it open and saw the twins sitting across from each other wearing matching outfits. Only thing different was the "F" and "G" on their sweaters. Louise was sitting right next to Fred with her hands wrapped around his upper arm and her head on his shoulders. She had on black jeans with an orange tank top. To cover her shirt, she wore a loose grey sweater.

"Miss me?" I inquired

George patted the seat next to him and grinned.

"Missed you, love." The twins spoke. I loved it when they talked at the same time. It gave me goosebumps.

"Hey, Abbie."

"Hi Louise. How've you guys been since I've been gone?"

"The twins have been noisy as ever. I've been fine. I love those shorts, they're different."

I smiled and sat down next to George, resting my feet up on the seat next to Fred. Riku was on Fred's lap curled up into a ball, purring. When I was comfortable, I took out my new thick-rimmed, black glasses and put them on. My vision was corrected instantly. All of them started at me.

"What? Dad took me to an eye doctor and they told me I couldn't see for shit. I got classes."

Louise smiled at this while the twins shook their heads.

"You look good in them, Abbie," Fred placed a hand on my white boots.

"Thanks." I fixed my belt with the British flag while looking down at my black and white striped shirt.

"Oh, Fred, did you hear? The State's Seeker, Ariel Singleton, died a few days after the World Cup finals. I heard she was killed or something."

"Who the bloody hell would kill a perfectly good Seeker?"

I looked down at the golden Snitch necklace I was wearing. It was my aunt's. She passed away and knew I loved Quidditch. In her will, it was one of the items I received. "She wasn't murdered. She was struck by lightening during practice. As soon as she caught the Snitch, it caught the lightning and she died."

"How do you know the details? You don't really pay attention to that stuff." Fred questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"She was my aunt. No big deal, though. She was my Mom's sister. I was closer to her as a child, but we drifted away when I turned nine."

"I'm so sorry." The three of them frowned.

"It's fine, really. People die all the time. It's something we have to live with." I let out a soft yawn. "I could use a good nap, I've been up since — five A.M."
♠ ♠ ♠
Abbigail's Quidditch World Cup outfit
Louise's Quidditch World Cup outfit
Abbigail's train outfit
Louise's train outfit

Kinda short. Sorry.

Comment and subscribe.
I write these for you guys. Come on. Seriously, if you like it enough to read this far, comment and tell me what you like or what you dislike.
Tell me something I can work on.
I'm sick of no one commenting. I don't write this for my health you know.
I could stop updating.
Up to you guys.