Status: On a small break because I have too many stories going.

Time Is Galleons

Breaking the rules

The beginning of the year was interesting. When we first arrived at the opening ceremony, Dumbledore was talking about some Triwizard Tournament, I thought the idea was brilliant. He went on to tell us that there would be two other schools participating in the Triwizard Tournament. The Triwizard tournament included the three largest schools in all of Europe; Beauxbatons, Durmstrang and Hogwarts. I didn't really like the fact that there were other students coming to our school. Hogwarts was already crowded enough half the time.

Along with informing us about the Triwizard tournament, we got a new DADA teacher, surprise, no? He was an odd looking teacher — for they called him Mad-Eye Moody. Other than that, the school year was pretty normal.

"I can't believe they're coming in four days!" Louise exclaimed, excited about the students coming from the other schools. She walked from the bulletin board in the common room back to one of the seats next to the couch. While she sat back down in Fred's lap, I was comfortable with my head on George's lap, spread out on the couch.

"I don't even want them to come, we have too many bloody people around this school anyways." With George stroking my hair it became rather difficult to keep my eyes open.

"Why?" The Twins uttered together.

"Louise, what are you gonna do when a bunch of gorgeous girls come to this school? I'm sure some of them are veelas."

To see the look on the twins' faces — that was pure pleasure. It looked as if they had just received a gift from God himself. I think it was possibly the most entertaining two seconds of my life.

"Make sure Fred keeps it in his pants and away from those girls. And no drooling either. I may not be as pretty as a veela, but I'm sure as bloody hell enough for Fred. Right?" Her head turned to the side and looked at Fred with a rather stern look on her face. If Fred were to say something wrong, I think she would have cut off the poor man's balls or something. When Louise was mad, even I took cover.

"Righto, love. You're more than plenty for me. You're for me and only me. Right George?! I tell him all the time! Ask him!" Fred was jokingly terrified. He kept looking back at his twin to back him up. It was rather funny to see him try to hold in the laughter and the smile that wanted to emerge from the bottom of his stomach.

George looked at me and laughed causing me to join in with him.

"Yes! That's all he talks about. It's bloody annoying, it's always, 'Louise this' and 'Louise that.' I'm pretty sick of hearing your name to be quite honest. That prat doesn't shut up about you."

"Gee, thanks George, I appreciate hearing that from my own best friend!" She giggled out, throwing a pillow at George's head.

"You're quite welcome."

"What do you think the tournament's gonna be like?" I questioned, we had never done this in the States; or perhaps they discontinued it?

"I read they stopped it after 1792 because a Cockatrice injured three judges," Louise had always been the smart one out of us.

Fred looked at her, knitting his eye brows, "I heard it was because the death toll was becoming too large?"

"Well, I'm sure that had to do with it, but I read it in Hogwarts, A History."

"Death toll? People die in this tournament? Why the bloody hell did they bring it back then?"

"Because, Abbie. I.. Actually don't know, scratch that."

"George, you won't enter it, right?"

"Why wouldn't I?"

". . .I want my best friend alive," I closed my eyes and tried to breath deeply without it being noticeable. I knew my cheeks would be burning up and my eyes slightly started to water. To think about my best friend dead — I might as well die along with him.

"Abbie, can you help me with something up stairs?"

I looked over to see Louise with a faint smile on her face. I simply nodded and proceeded to get up. When we got into our dormitory, she checked to make sure no one else was in the room before shutting the door. Without notice, she turned to me and had a big grin on her face.

"So, when are you gonna tell George you've fallen for him? I mean come on, Abbie. It's been a few years since you've fallen for him. Just tell him already."

"W-what are you talking about?! I haven't fallen for George."

"Abbie, are you really in denial? Even Fred knows. Only one who doesn't is George and apparently you." She walked over to the door and opened it, "you should think about telling him before one of those veela comes and steals him away before you even have a chance. Think about it." With a wink, she was gone, hiding away in the common room.

I was left to sit there on my bed, thinking about what she said. She was right — what if someone stole George while I was too afraid to tell him? What would I do?

ϟ


Something was on my bed and it was rather heavy and warm. Why was it pressed up against me? . . .Was someone cuddling up to me? I turned and opened my eyes slowly, almost scared stiff to see what was on the other side of me. Trying not to shake, I stared at them. Why was something so familiar? I couldn't figure it out. Wait a minute, why did this person smell like George?

"G-George?" I managed to croak — tensing up.

The person pulled me closer to them, nuzzling his head against the top of mine. "I couldn't sleep."

Almost immediately after hearing his voice, I relaxed my body against his. "So you crawled into bed with me?"

"Why not? I can't cuddle with my own best friend? I find that insulting."

"I never said tha— How are you in here? What about boys not being able to come in here?" My arms slowly made their way up until I could rest my hands on his chest.

"It's me, love. Are you really doubting me?"

"No," I shook my head slightly, still sounding groggy.

"How the— How the—" Hermione wanted to say the next word, but for Hermione to say "bloody" or "hell," I think the world would need to explode.

"How the bloody frigin hell, Hermione! There, I said it for you! Now, I'm trying to sleep!" Louise barked, more than half asleep. I felt bad for her, George and I were quiet, but Hermione was rather loud when she started to speak.

"Yes, thank you Louise. How the — are you in here, George?! This is the girl's dormitory! Not the boys!"

"'Mione, I couldn't sleep and Fred and I don't exactly cuddle."

"He's your gay lover, I don't see why not. Is it just receive and then continue on with your day?" I wanted to laugh so hard when I talked. It was rather hilarious how I could feel George's jaw almost instantly open.

"Abbigail Elizabeth Haywood! What in the bloody hell is wrong with you?!" George would've flipped, but he tried his hardest not to scream.

"Shut up," I moved closer to his body, yawning. "Go to sleep now."

"You're letting me stay?"

"I never did like sleeping alone." I could feel my cheeks turn red. But luckily for me the room was almost pitch black and nothing on George was touching my cheeks to feel the heat radiating off them.

He got up slightly to get under the covers with me. I was kind of embarrassed. I was only wearing a simple tank-top and short shorts. That was it. George rubbed his leg to mine slightly before I entangled our legs, my hands idly finding their way back to his chest. It was nice, cuddling up to George like this to fall asleep. Of course it was just as best friends because people who are best friends can do this kind of stuff and it won't be weird. Right? Please just assure me on this. I mean, it's not big deal at all, it's only George, right? Right?

I could feel him lean on one of his arms, leaning up once more. A shiver accelerated down my spine with every passing second that I could feel George breathing on my neck. What was this boy doing?

"Nor did I, love. Good night," he whispered into my ear before kissing my temple softly.

"Good night. . ."

I woke up to Ginny and Louise yelping in utter surprise in the morning. What in Merlin's beard was there to be so surprised about?

My eyes open to see none other than George. George?! I forgot he sneaked into our dormitory last night. My eyes kept flickering open and close until they finally closed once more. I could faintly hear George mumble a "good morning" before I fell back to sleep.

To wake up next to him in the morning — it was possibly the best morning ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for taking so long to post this.
But even like I mentioned last time, I would stop.
And sorry this is kinda a filler. I just wanna get to the tasks and yule ball. hello alexxo and I have alot of good ideas for the Yule Ball. (:

Comment and subscribe!
x