Status: On a small break because I have too many stories going.

Time Is Galleons

Hungarian Horntails

I was the last one to wake up in my dorm this morning. Everyone else was already showered and dressed, heading down to the Great Hall for breakfast. But, being smart, I took a shower last night so I could sleep in and my hair would have nice tiny waves in them after I took my braids out. I usually had my hair straight, so it was nice for a change. I glanced at my calendar as I walked over to my mirror. Today was the twenty-fourth of November. Poor Harry, first task was today.

I ran my fingers through my previously braided hair. The small waves of black framed my face as I walked into the bathroom and brushed my teeth. When I got back, I picked out my outfit for the day. I knew it was going to be cold and we were going to be standing out there for quite a while.

I grabbed a pair of knickers and quickly put them on as well as a bra. The good thing to having your entire dormitory to yourself, you didn't have to change in the bathrooms. I pulled on a black pair of skinnies with chains on the pockets. Hm. . . . I couldn't figure out what I was going to wear for a shirt. While I paraded around the dormitory in nothing less than a pair of jeans and a bra, I saw my white and black checkered belt. That would make due. I put that on with one hand while grabbing a plain white long-sleeved shirt, white converses, white gloves, white hat, a chain necklace and a plain black sweater. I think this was sufficient enough for the task. While I had everything on but the gloves and the hat, I grabbed my Gryffindor scarf and headed downstairs and left the portrait hole to go down to the Great Hall. I didn't see the twins so I figured they were already with Louise.

When I got down to the Great Hall, first person I spotted was a very nervous Harry. Sneak attack to cheer him up! I started to walk towards him when Hermione spotted me as they were across from him. I put a finger up to my lips to tell them not to say anything. I finally reached Harry and stood on the left side behind him. I tapped his right shoulder twice and tried not to giggle when he looked to the right and saw no one. I think he was too nervous to even bother to check the left side, he just turned back to Hermione. I covered his eyes, making sure not to smudge his glasses.

"You're supposed to look to the left side right after, silly," I took my hands off his eyes and sat down on his left side which was fortunately not occupied.

"Abbie."

". . .Harry."

"Sorry, I'm just really nervous."

"It's fine." I leaned in and gave him a big hug. "You'll do fine, Harry. I know it's alot easier than said, but just stay calm and you'll do brilliant. I promise. Good luck."

He hugged me back and smiled, "thanks. Glad to know some people support me and know I didn't put my name in the Goblet." He glared down the table at Ron.

"He's still at it, is he? Just wait, he'll come off it. He's your best friend. Everything will get better and fall into place. Just wait."

He nodded and I got up and walked over to George and hugged him from behind. "Good morning, ginger."

George grabbed me and pulled me down onto the seat next to him. "Oh very funny —" he paused and stared at me. It looked more like he was examining me. "—your hair looks really beautiful like that."

My cheeks instantly burned while a crimson red. "S-shut up. . ."

"George, it's only breakfast, let the girl breathe before you shower her with today's compliments. But I do agree, Abbie, you look beautiful today."

Fred smiled my way while Louise just glared at him, obviously jealous. She got jealous a little to easy. Was it really a crime to compliment your sister? Well. . .we were like brother and sister.

"S-shut up all of you! All I did was curl my hair. . . . It's no big deal, now, everyone's leaving for the stands for the task. C'mon."

ϟ


We stood up in the stands I shivered even with my gloves, hat and scarf on. As soon as Léon offered me his scarf, George pulled me close and draped his arm around my shoulder, rubbing my arm to keep me warm. I smiled up at him slightly and then gave Léon a half smile. George was getting jealous. I couldn't really put my finger on why he was. What did he have to be jealous for? I wasn't gonna stop being best friends with him. Maybe he was jealous that Léon was take his place as my best friend or something? Who knew. Guys. They were confusing.

"George," I looked up at him, worried written across my face, "I'm worried about Harry. What if the dragon hurts him? What if he gets really injured?"

"Harry'll be fine. It's Harry Potter we're talking about. The bloke survived avada kadavra, don't you think a little dragon won't be that much of a challenge?"

"I guess. . ." I turned back to the rocks in the middle of the stands. We were much higher up for safety reasons, of course.

First to battle their dragon was none else than the pretty fagot, Cedric Diggory. I really hated him and hoped that he got the Hungarian Horntail. But alas, he didn't. George say the dragon and told me that he was the Swedish Short-Snout. George knew quite a bit about dragons. His older brother Charlie worked with them in Romania.

"George?"

He didn't take his eyes off the dragon and Cedric — whom was transfiguring a rock into a dog. "Huh?"

"Romania sounds like a beautiful place. Maybe we could visit your brother and maybe even see some dragons?"

"Yeah. Sure. Whatever you want."

"Are you listening to me?"

"Not now, Abbie — Cedric's going for the Egg!"

I looked over at Cedric and sighed. "Who cares what the pretty fagot's doing. We already have our Hogwarts champion, and his name is Harry Potter. Not pretty fagot."

It was very soon that the dragon turned its attention back on Cedric, blowing fire at him and burning his face. I jumped and shrieked slightly. I wasn't the only one doing so. Alot of people were shrieking. But soon after, the stands were no longer filled with horror-stricken shrieks. It was filled with cheers. Cedric had retrieved the Egg.

Very soon after, a Common Welsh Green was taken out. Only reason I knew was because the twins informed Louise and I. She had been rather quiet during this task. Only shrieks or gasps could be heard from her.

A few minutes later, Fleur was flipping out with her skirt on fire. Pretty soon after her, Viktor Krum, too, was getting his Golden egg.

Which left, last but not least, Harry left to conquer his dragon. And unfortunately, he has the Hungarian Horntail. I was scared for Harry — I was terrified for Harry. Once I saw the ferocious dragon, I grabbed and squeezed George's hand. I started freaking out.

"H-Harry's gonna get murdered! What if t-the dragon cooks him like a barbecue with fire? What if Harry d-dies?!"

"Harry'll be fine! I'm serious. Sure — the Horntail's fierce, but Harry can handle it. Just like I told you before. And you do know they have people on the sides in case it gets too out of control."

". . .Oh." I breathed out. I couldn't stop worrying. My grip on George's hand never loosened.

I shrieked every time the Horntail came closer to hurting Harry. My grip grew tighter with every shriek. I thought I was going to break George's hand when Harry made the huge dive. Luckily for George, as soon as Harry got the Egg, I threw both of my hands in the air and yelled along with Hermione. "Yes! Yes! He did it! Harry got the Egg!"

George turned to me after he cheered. "Are. . .you going to do that every task?"

"No, why?"

". . .I think my hand is damaged. Do you have any idea how strong your grip is?!"

"I'm sorry." I grabbed George's hand and kissed it tenderly. I couldn't help but to giggle as he blushed soon after. "It was just the dragon. Horntails kinda scare me. . ."

"I can see that. . ."
♠ ♠ ♠
Abbie's outfit

Sorry this is crappy.
And sorry it took me so long to update.
It woulda been done the other day just..
I wasn't looking forward to write this part at all.
Infact, I don't really wanna write any of the tasks. XD
But alas, about two more chapters or one and the Yule Ball will be written.
(:
Got a big surprise to what's gonna happen at the Yule Ball!
Actually, more like two or three.
;)
Thank you all who comment so much!
I look forward to your comments, they keep me going.
Comment and subscribe please!

x