Hokage's Half Demon Granddaughter

Yira Takes a New Liking

When we got into the place, a pretty big quiet place, everyone broke out into their own groups of teammates. Naruto was quick to grab me to their table where Ino bitch was even quicker to take my seat next to Mr. Depressed. Sakura sat across from him with Naruto eye googling her. Hinata watched sadly from a distance as her love interest ignored her. I felt bad inside, but it wasn't my problem, though I should make note to help her out on that later. Seeing not much of an other option I headed towards the only booth that I thought would sorta accept me. "Hey Pineapple Head. Hey Choji. Mind if i sit? Ino took my spot to sit next to her one-way love connection."

"Sure." Choji was quick to say and smile.

"How troublesome." Pineapple Head mumbled. "The name's Shikamaru."

"That's what your lips tell me," I took a seat, grabbing my hair to the side so I wouldn't sit on it. "But not what your hair tells me." Looking down, I grabbed the menu and skimmed through it as I tried to surpass the urge to laugh.

"You are such a drag." He slurred a little.

"Do you need me to read your menu?" Choji asked with a shy face and tone.

"I'm not blind." I dropped my menu on the table. "I can see perfectly, even behind this blindfold."

"Then what are you eatting?" Pineapple Head raised an eyebrow.

Glancing down, I read what I wanted, "Number 14: Terriyaki Combo." Raising my head back, I stared straight at him, meeting his challenge. Though he couldn't see my eyes, I'm pretty sure he knew what the gesture ment.

"I'm getting the all you can eat bar b-q special." Choji smiled as he cut in, rubbing his stomach. "I'm hungry."

"So why exactly do you wear a blindfold then?" He stared at me, everyone, hearing our conversation silenced to listen.

"It's not easy to explain." I sighed, shaking my head a little, thankful for the waitress heading our way.

Everything went quiet after she took our orders and brought the tea. Mine was extremely hot, heat radiated around the cup for about 2 inchs, thats how hot it was. Gently grabbing the white little cup, I lifted it to my lips as I felt the cold feeling from it being so hot. "What are you doing?" Both asked. "It's too hot to drink yet."

"You don't know my tricks," I smiled as I blew gently around the cup, ice cold air shot out of my lips to the cup. It gave off a white cloudly look from the coldness, then a slightly blue tone when I blew ontop of it to the tea.

"She breathes ice?" Choji asked, confused.

"Nope." I smirked, shaking my head and took a sip of my warm tea now.

"So you are some kind of elemental jutsu expert?" Pineapple tried to evaluate me.

"Nope." I shook my head again as I put my cup down.

"Well you're not giving us any hints." Choji huffed.

"It's a secret." I chuckled as I gently stroked a silently slumbering Yira.

"Care to tell?" Pineapple Head asked. "If we have to protect you, we should at least know what you are and what you are capable of."

"And who are you for me to have to tell you?" I tilted my head and moved back as the woman came back and put a bunch of meat and chicken on the griltop table that sepearated us.

"I'm the leader of this so-called mission," he looked annoyed as he slowly grabbed his chopsticks and started to eat. "Woman are so troublesome."

"Food!" Choji shouted with so much enthusiasm I couldn't help but laugh.

I grabbed mine and slowly picked at some piece of chicken, though I didn't bring it to my mouth. Like always, I fed Yira first. Choji was to busy scarfing down everything in sight to really notice, but not Pineapple Head. He literally stopped eatting, food just inches from his lips, just to watch me. As the aroma of the meat hit her slithering tongue, she immediately woke up. Her long pink tongue shot out, wrapped around the chuck, and ripped it out of my chopsticks and into her mouth. We kept this up a while until she would dodge the food. "Yira." I glared at her as I moved the food to her only to have her move around.

"She's not hungry anymore," Choji watched.

"She is...." I watched her, her eyes looking straight out. Watching her glance level, I saw her eyes on Pineapple Head. "She wants," I looked up to his black eyes, "what you have..."

"What?" He looked back and forth from us.

She slowly uncoiled around my torso and stretched out over the hot gril twoards him, sticking her tongue out back and forth. "Yira." I called her back, but she kept going.

"Get her away from me," he pulled back, but didn't get very much further.

"Stop being a wuss," I rolled my eyes at him. I lifted my arm up as her body coiled around it, her dark flesh tight but gentle around mine as I supported her. "Give her the piece."

"Yeah Shika," Choji chuckled as he elbowed his frightened partner. "She isn't gonna hurt you, just the food in your chopsticks."

"How troublesome," he sighed and gave it up. "Here," she took it eagerly. "Now leave me alone."

Her head swirved to the sides as she inched a little bit more. Then I gasped when I saw her cuddle up gently to his scared and trembling face, rubbing against his cheek. That's a first, usually she would have bitten or hissed at him. "Yira," I pulled her back, but she tightened her grip on me. "What the hell?"

"She likes him," Choji pointed out the obvious.

And he was right, she slowly coiled her body out of my arm around his. It was funny to watch how Pineapple Head's face reacted to it. "Don't move to much," I warned as I took this opportunity to eat. "She could bite you." Swallow. "She's poisonous, too."

"Poisonous?" Shika gulped.

"Gentle, Yira." i comanded in a low threatening tone. She listened because she moved slower and softer until she was wrapped around his arm with her head on his shoulder. After a few seconds of watching me, she closed her eyes and fell asleep.

"What just happened?" Shika asked.

"I don't....know." I stopped eatting. "I don't speak snake tongue."

"Just ignore it," Choji downed a couple shish kebab in a few mear seconds. "She's asleep, its not like-"

"She will bite your throat," I smirked. "Her pin-point accuracy will hit your internal cartoid artery, pumping the world's deadliest poison right to your brain and down to your heart and lungs, buring and destroying every single inch of tissue it hits. Death coming very slowly and the most painful thing to experience. Your lungs will slowly shut down. Thus creating hell for your nervous system as it painfully shuts down and lastly with your life, your heart and your brain dies." Everyone was totally quiet, I could heart their alarmed heart rates reaching a new max. Shika looked like he was about to shit himself, his face deadly pale.

"What are the chances of that happening?" He was too scared stiff to move, so it was a little hard to understand what exactly he was saying.

"Honestly?" I asked, taking my last few pieces. "I don't know. Not very likely now, she seems to take a liking to you." His face relaxed as he saw I wasn't lying, color returned to his face.

Choji burst out laughing,"She got you there, Shika." He just turned around to glare at him.

"So what was your name again?" He tried to play the cool part as I continued on eatting.

"Kidagakash." I repeated slowly.

"Kida what?" Choji asked.

"Hatake." I put my sticks down to sip some tea.

"You are Kakashi Sensei's daughter?" Naruto was quick to shout as he ran over to our table.

"No," I shook my head and took another slow sip.

"Then why the same name?" Mr. Depressed asked, speaking for the first time....i think...

"My parents were killed," I told them. "Kakashi was a good friend of theirs, so I was left in his care."

"Doesn't mean you couldn't keep your original name though," Mr. Depressed's face dropped to a sympathetic one.

I shrugged, "My grandfather changed it. That's all I know."

"So where have you been these past years?" Shika asked.

I sighed, "God you ask too many questions. My father's family took me away and now I came back. There. End of story. Case. Closed."

They all got the hint because they were quick to leave and go back to their own tables. I put my cup down and took a big, slow deep breath. Glancing up, I saw both Choji and Shika looking at me sort of like how Mr. Depressed looked at me, but to way lesser regard than his. Yira was awake and looking at me as she flicked her tongue. Without any warning, she threw herself towards me but up high. Like instinct, my hand rose up high in the air so she would land on it coiling. Black slithers slid down my arms, down to my torso, tightened up around it and back to her original position with her head right by my neck. Soft crys emitted from her throat as she tightened around me gently like a sign of comfort. "No worries, Yira." I gently petted her head, but she wouldn't stop crying.

"What does she want now?" Shika went on eatting.

"I gotta go." I stood up quick. Everyone turned to look at me, but I was already rushing out the door. I didn't make it far because I ran into a large hard body.........