Viktoria's Secret

neves

I woke up one morning with no recollection of going to sleep. Tj and Erik had convinced me to join them to a popular St. Louis night club for some drinks with the guys. All though I wasn’t entirely comfortable with Patrik’s teammates, I saw it as a great opportunity to get out of the house.

Ever since our talk in Mcdonald’s just about a week ago, it seemed as though Patrik was avoiding me. If I was lucky, I’d catch him before he left for practice. But after I had stopped him at the door twice, he started leaving earlier, before I woke up. I couldn’t help but to feel hurt. I felt rejected. But then again, I deserved it, didn’t I?

The apartment got lonely without Patrik around. He would go straight to his room when he got home, and he wouldn’t leave until dinner was done, after which, he would just retreat to his bedroom once again. I almost wondered what he was doing in there.

Since I tried to avoid Tj most of my days, I got a little bored not having anyone to talk to. I regretted not searching for other friends quite yet. But something told me I wouldn’t quite fit in here in America. I was too Swedish for this.

The last I remember from the previous night was walking into the club with Tj, his friend Brandon, who they called Brotha, Tj’s brother Taylor, who from what I understood was also underage, and Erik. Tj, Erik and Brandon made a dash for the bar the moment we stepped into the building, but Taylor stayed loyal to his spot on the left of me and we walked together to a row of tables.

Taking a seat, I took in my surroundings. This was the first time I went to a public drinking establishment in America. It wasn’t too different than the clubs and bars back home, the age range was slightly different though. There were lazers and disco balls set up on the perimeter of the large room. I made note of the sign that pointed to the bathrooms while I was still sober.

When Tj set a bright green colored drink in front of me, I realized underage drinking wasn’t too big of a deal when you showed up with NHL players. I smiled thankfully up at him, not bothering to say anything knowing he wouldn’t ever understand what I said over the loud American rap music. Tj took his seat on the other side of me, and took a swig of his drink as his eyes scanned the dance floor. Looking for a victim I’m sure.

I wasn’t certain what was in the drinks Tj ordered me, but after the fourth one, everything became hazy. I recall dancing with Taylor and having a great time, but everything is blank after that. The next thing I remember was waking up in my bed with a mind splitting headache, and a scratchy throat.

I laid in bed for about twenty minutes contemplating if I had done something stupid last night. I could have almost sworn that the last thing I saw before bed was Patrik’s oceany eyes gazing down into mine, then the burning where his lips just pressed against my forehead.

Finally pulling my aching body out of my bed, I slipped sweatpants on, and tugged a pull over hoodie over my tanktop. Grabbing my phone off of the nightstand before I exited the room, I stretched as I walked through the opening that led into the living room. Of course, Patrik was nowhere in sight. Taylor, who was staying in St. Louis for the weekend before he went back to St. Cloud, gave me a sweet grin.

“Good morning,” he welcomed me warmly. I took a seat on the other side of the couch, and noticed he was watching America’s Next Top Model, which was a show I loved to watch while learning how to speak fluent English.

“Morning,” I replied through a yawn. “Where’s everyone at?” Taylor shrugged.

“They got called in for a team meeting about a half hour ago. Teej said they’d be back in time for lunch.” I just nodded, not really having anything to say. That was followed by an almost awkward silence. Taylor turned his head towards me twice to say something, but both times decided against it and turned back to look at Tyra. Finally, he spit it out.

“What’s up with you and Bergy?” He asked gently, as if just asking was going to set me off on a rampage. I let out the tiniest of sighs, I wasn’t even sure if he had noticed. I thought my words through for a good minute before I said anything at all.

“Nothing, why do you ask?” is what I had decided on. Not a second later, I regretted it. Taylor smirked sensing my bluff.

“You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want,” he told me, “I just wanted to know if you were off limits.” I blushed slightly at his words, but mostly disregarded them.

“We used to date back home,” I touched on the subject over so lightly, “it just didn’t work out, I guess,” I told him vaguely. He kind of nodded, but didn’t say anything, or show signs of wanting to say anything at all. He turned his attention back to Tyra, and I was left in my thoughts full of Patrik Berglund. Taylor surprised me when he chose to speak up again.

“You told him that you love him last night,” he informed me, staring straight ahead at the way too big plasma television. My head snapped towards him.

“I did what?!” I asked incredulously. Taylor finally turned to look at me.

“Yeah, you called him from the bar so he came to pick you up. And when he got there, you started crying and telling him how much you love him.” I sighed. Fuck

“D-Did I say anything else?” I asked nervously. If I had let my secret slip to Patrik, I’d never forgive myself. It would hurt him so much. But then again, what could hurt worse than being ditched at the alter? Taylor shook his head from side to side.

“Not that I heard,” he explained, “he took you home and when we got back you both were fast asleep in your bed.”

My mind swam in a million different places. Patrik had spent the night in my bed last night? How did I not wake up when he left this morning? Why the hell did he sleep in my bed? Goosebumps spread out across my skin just thinking about it. What did I get myself into?
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this one is a little short. But I really wanted to get this out there. It's a little filler, but the next one will be a big one, so its worth the wait (:
this story is still dedicated to Amanda, who I miss dearly.
PLEASE give me some feedback guys, it will sure as hell make me feel confident about my writing again.
lemme know what you guys think of this, and keep it coming with your guessing of what viktoria's secret is (: