Status: One shot; completed.

About Ray

The Truth To Be Told

Ray Flinton wasn’t just like any other kid.

Sure, he was born and raised in a decent family; a family that consisted of a father that was a successful businessman, a mother that was doing a very good job in her duty, a daughter that was near to perfection, and Ray himself.

From a glimpse, Ray looked just like other normal people. His dark brown hair and green eyes matched his pale skin tone perfectly. People wouldn’t notice that he wasn’t home most of the time because of his complexion, but actually Ray always took a walk every morning and every evening.

When you take a closer look on him… you know he wasn’t just a person. He wasn’t just a normal person. His eyes flashed something died inside, but aliveness flashed more than the death in his eyes.

Ray didn’t see the world in colors.

Ray didn’t see the world in a clear image.

In fact, Ray spent the most of his life wondering about how the world looked like.

In his life, he had never seen a light. Not even a single one; he had been living in the darkness. It wasn’t accident that did this to him; he had been living under this condition ever since he was born.

That’s why his eyes would flash something died inside; he couldn’t see.

Not because he was blindfolded for the rest of his life. Not because he always sleep-walked.

People who walked pass him would flash him a sympathetic smile sometimes. Ray surely couldn’t see it, but he could feel it. People would be surprised noticing Ray smiling back at them.

People would offer him to help him crossing the street sometimes. Ray could do it by himself even though he couldn’t see, but he could hear. People were beyond surprised when he usually rejected their offer.

People would throw him offer of helps to him, but he would reject it all. He asks for help only when the thing he’s doing is out of his ability; only when he really needs the help. Ray doesn’t use his imperfection as an excuse. He never does.

Everyone knows that Ray doesn’t have the ability to see, but that doesn’t stop him from living his life to the fullest. So what? It’s only one ability that he loses.

And even if he loses all of his five senses, at least he still has his family. His friends. All the people around him that keep on supporting him and doing their best to help him, although they know that he could do his stuff on his own.

Every night before he went to bed, Ray always kneeled next to his bed with his fingers intertwined with each other, thanking God of everything he has; everything He gave.

Ray thanked God for still keeping his family around him and not calling them back home yet. Ray thanked God for letting him having his four other senses. Ray thanked God for everything he owns; and if he doesn’t own them anymore, he still thanked God for letting him still being alive today. Ray knew not all babies couldn’t make it when their mothers give birth; Ray knew not all people could survive their lives right now.

His family was concerned about him, especially his future. They were actually very worried about him, but they just never showed it. Ray noticed it when they were starting to get too attentive on him, and he hated it. He never liked being the attention, especially when he knew it was because of his condition.

People who hadn’t known Ray yet would be worried when Ray blended with other normal people. They were worried if Ray couldn’t socialize with the others.
But they were wrong – they were very wrong.

Ray was known for his heart-warming smile and many people involved in his circle of friends.

Of course, Ray had been experiencing rejection and denial from the society before, but that doesn’t stop him from being strong and keep on trying.

Ray was also known for his generosity.

He always gives and rarely gets. He gives money to the poor. When he has some, he shares his foods too. The least thing he could do was to smile at someone when they were having a bad day. Even though he couldn’t see, he could feel other the aura of people that were near him.

He may be blind of sight, but he is not blind of heart.

He will always live in everybody’s heart in the city of Manhattan, New York.

His name is Ray Flinton, a man with millions of dreams and never surrenders on life even when he knows he is far beyond perfect.

And he never cares with the line, “The future is out to get you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
My first idea was that Ray is living a very, very hard life - he is being rejected everywhere because he can't see but he never gives up. But my stupid fingers, as per usual, just keep on typing what my brain says and end up forgetting about the first idea :s Grr.

Anyway - I've always wanted to write something 'powerful' and I hope this one is powerful enough to make us think that we should be thankful of everything we have.

This is the very first story I wrote that doesn't have any dialogue, and it has 800 words! Yeah, I'm pretty proud of myself :]