11.37-Gerard Way Wants My Lunch Money

Gerard's in the girl's toilet?!

*Gerard's POV*

No way can that be Raven.

What I can remember of Raven is a fat little girl with thick, rope-like hair in two plaits, glasses perched on her nose, teeth covered with a brace. She stood at the back and never talked to anyone apart from Frank.

I wasn't friends with him then.

I was only friends with Mikey who got to stay at home, tracing the bubbles in the lava lamp with delight. Our parents were trapped in the hippy faze and our funky loft apartment was a grotto for glow-in-the-dark flower stickers, beaded curtains and scented candles.

But anyway, back to Raven.

She looks so....so....so different!

And....amazing.

She looks shy but mysterious. Beautiful even.

Frank can't keep his eyes-or hands-off her. One minute his arm is round her waist, the next his fingers are knotted through hers. She blushes in pleasure and tells him off.

We get to Math and they squash up together at the front. I sit at the back, watching them. She is different. She's so much thinner. Not skinny but just right.

She still doesn't look comfortable with herself. She still wriggles around in her clothes, sighing. Or maybe she just doesn't like Math. Who does?

Break...thank God. We all get out of the stuffy classroom and head out to the old tree we st under. Mikey is already there. He casts a look of puzzlement towards Raven.

"Mikey, this is Raven," Frank explains. Raven smiles and nods and they start talking. I watch her as she fiddles with her hair, puts a hand on her hip. She stubbornly shakes her head as Frank offers her a bag of Skittles.

"C'mon, Rave! You love Skittles."

"I'm going off sweet stuff, Frankie. Leave it."

He shakes the bag in her face and eventually she eats them all.

"I gotta go the toilet," she says quickly, running off just as the bell rings. We've all got different lessons and I wander away to Geography. I walk past the girl' toilets and hear someone puking. I pause, look around and go in. I knock on the cubicle door.

"Hey, ae you Okay in there?"

No reply.

"Are you Okay?"

"Go away!"

I jump back, stung.

"Raven?"

"I said go away, Gerard! I'm fine. Leave, now, otherwise I'll tell everyone you've been in here."

God, she's got smarter. I walk away and leave it.

But why was she puking....?