Status: Complete

I'm Just a Good Girl Gone Bad

I-80 West Portions Toll

“Mom, I'm so sorry...” I whispered as she looked at me and nodded. I knew my mom was in a lot of pain and never deserved this kind of life. I bet my mom was in peace driving somewhere across the country. She could think and take in the scenery that none of us would have ever gotten to see in our lifetime if it wasn't for this trip.

“It's okay baby, it's not your fault,” My mom replied holding the wheel tighter. I knew by the look of her face that I should stop talking about it and I did. I hated making my mom sad and get mad at herself at the way she raised us. She did the best she could and we tried to do the best we could too.

“Mom when do you want me to take over?” I asked as I saw my mom's eyes start to get heavy. My mom was not a good morning person, when she woke up it took her forever to adjust. We were just alike in that way.

“How about when we enter Minnesota,” My mom answered as she looked back onto the highway where there was a bunch of cars everywhere in sight. It was almost 7 o'clock at night and everyone in Indiana was probably just coming from work. It was getting dark out, I noticed that mom didn't have the radio on and she was just driving in silence.

I didn't know what to do, text Matt or leave him behind. I looked up and a hour passed. We just passed a sign, “I-80 West Portions toll UP AHEAD”. As soon as my mom saw the sign she pulled over onto the shoulder of the highway and switched to park, she didn't care. My mom and I switched places, I was driving back on the highway.

We paid $3.00 to pass the second portion toll to get into Minnesota. That's when I finally noticed that we were more then half way to Washington, so we were going to get there earlier then planned. The only problem we had is we didn't know where to stay. Which town, house, or neighborhood. We could be totally fucked if we don't find something in our price range, but somehow I knew we were going to make it. We have just over 800 dollars in pocket money, I wasn't worried at all.

“Ah, where are we?” I heard Tony ask as he was just waking up. I was glad, I didn't want to drive in silence with the radio turned off while my mom was not talking to me. Tony and I would figure everything out.

“Minnesota!” I cheered and Tony had no clue where we were. Tony wasn't good at geography or directions, I was just glad we were on the right track now. We had a United States map in the back of the seat, we just haven't use it yet. So I was going to make Tony look at Washington and pick a random city.

“Hey Tony can you get the map out of the seat behind me?” I asked him as he was silent, until I felt him reach in the back of the seat and pull out the huge road map. He looked trough the pages, like he was bored, you could hear him rummage through it.

“What the hell am I suppose to do with it? Don't we know where were going?” Tony questioned me, confused. I smiled at him for being so clueless, but I was the only one to come up with this idea. I looked over at my mom quickly and she was already sleeping, that's why she wasn't talking.

“Yes we know where were going! Just pick a random city in Washington and we'll look for a homestead there!” I explained as I looked down, the hours were flying by. It was 9 o'clock and it was pitch black out. I was going to drive until we got to South Dakota and then I was going to make Tony take over.

“How about Forks, population 3,120! We got to live in this small ass town,” Tony laughed and I didn't care where we went. I guess we will have a better chance at a town with a smaller population. Tony and I's cell phones have been ringing all day, it is pretty sad that we have to move now. We have a bunch of friends that we are leaving behind and I will miss them all so much.

“I wonder how many forks they make at Forks?” Tony laughed and it almost seemed like he was talking to himself, but I knew he wasn't. Tony was a weird ass and I loved him. I just wonder how many people actually know of the town Forks, not too many I hope.

“Stupid ass!” I muttered to him and I felt him shove the seat forward. He couldn't hit me, because he knew that would distract me from the road.

“Tony were entering South Dakota pretty soon, so you need to take over now. I'm so tired anyways!” I continued looking at the signs ahead, so I exited Fairmont. I saw a Shell gas station right away, Tony got out and pumped the gas as I went inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fact #3: The Locklear family passes through New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, and Washington.