Status: Complete

I'm Just a Good Girl Gone Bad

Drawing and Painting 101

“Hey, I'm Brianna Locklear. I just moved here!” I smiled halfheartedly as I handed her my schedule, she nodded slowly. I bet she thought I went to the wrong class, but I didn't.

“Okay, Brianna you're in the right place. I'm Miss. Thompson. Take a seat over there next to Alice Cullen,” Miss. Thompson explained as she pointed at a table with a short girl with black pixie hair. She looked like she was a model that was stiffing some cocaine; she had purple bags under her eyes. Other then that she was pretty decent and looked new around here too.

“Brianna is there anything else you would liked to be called? You're going to need a sketch book for this class as well,” Miss. Thompson whispered, so she wouldn't disturb the class while they worked.

“Bree is just fine,” I sighed looking over at Alice's drawing and it was perfect. I wasn't even sure how to draw or stroke my pencil. I haven't took an art class since elementary and preschool. I just sat there not knowing what to do, I had no sketch paper. All I had was a sharpened pencil in my backpack.

“Hello, I am Alice Cullen!” Alice smiled looking over at me while still drawing a curve on her drawing. Her voice was very high and musical, it was kind of annoying to be honest. Alice was all alone at this huge table and she looked like she kept to herself, she was very strange to me.

“Hey, I'm Bree Locklear. So what are we supposed to be doing?” I asked her looking at what she was drawing. Alice was drawing a fake flower but her drawing didn't look at all the same to the plant. Her drawing was line-less, she was just drawing the outline. It was weird, I have never seen anything like it before.

“Where supposed to be drawing the plant or flower at our assigned table, ours is this pink lily. We're supposed to just draw the outline of what we see when looking straight at it. We don't draw the contour lines! Here have some drawing paper,” Alice explained drawing the leaves of her drawing, you could tell it was her flower. But it was confusing to me, it was something an artist should only see.

“Thanks, I got it,” I said looking at the fake lily as I tried to picture it without contour lines. I had no idea where to start so I started drawing the bottom curve of the flower pot. I noticed I took forever just to draw the bottom, but I think that's what you do in art. Take it easy and draw what you see, not what you know.

“Hey Bree?” Alice questioned looking up at me for once. She stopped drawing and I noticed her eyes were a golden bronze color, almost like mine. There was so many weird things about Alice, she was a little awkward and quirky.

“Yeah,” I answered trying to straighten the side of my flower pot. It was actually turning out like an actual flower pot my mom would use. I think I am actually good at art, I just didn't realize it before. I'm glad I 'm taking this class.

“Where did you live last?” Alice asked as she kept on drawing, she was so close to being finished. I was a little bit jealous of her drawing skills, she was pretty good and fast at it. I was super slow but I was okay at it.

“Bronx, New York. This is a very small town, I will have to get use to it!” I laughed looking around at all of the students, there weren't that many people.

“Wow, it's so crazy there! Well we don't have much time, lunch is in two minutes,” Alice smiled checking her watch, she was right. I was glad we both had lunch together, she was actually someone I was getting to know.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fact #7: This is my interpretation of what Miss. Thompson would look like,
Image