I Will Not Kiss You

Chapter 17

Mikey’s parents had gone out when we got back. We thought the house was empty but as we went upstairs to Mikey’s room, we could hear soft snores and snuffles coming from one of the rooms. I guessed it was Gerard’s room. He sounds like Mikey when Mikey’s in a heavy sleep. Mikey pushed his door open and let me go in first. He followed me and threw his bag onto his bed.

“C’mon,” He said “Let’s go get a soda.”

So I followed him downstairs into the kitchen to get some soda. We then went into the living room and started watching TV. There wasn’t much on TV, just a few kiddie shows and some music channels. But not our sort of music. Mikey flicked on determinedly, finally finding ‘Smells like Teen Spirit’ by Nirvana. That was all we could find so we left it at that. I jumped up and started singing along with Kurt and head banging. Mikey laughed and watched me.

With the lights out
It’s less dangerous
Here we are now
Entertain us
I feel stupid and contagious
Here we are now
Entertain us
A mulatto
An albino
A mosquito
My libido


I didn’t even notice another voice singing with me. As the song ended, I noticed Gerard standing in the doorway with a small smile on his face. I shuffled back to the sofa with Mikey.

“Oh don’t stop on my behalf.” Gerard laughed, occupying the armchair.

“The song’s finished anyway.” I replied.

He laughed and slumped down comfortably in his chair. His arms rested on the arms, his fingers drumming, and his legs were stretched out in front of him. He was wearing the same pyjama’s he’d been wearing last night. His pale feet poked out from under the baggy Spiderman pyjama bottoms. He has long, curling toes with long nails.

“Hey,” He suddenly said “Stop looking at my feet.”

“Sorry.” I said quickly, looking away from him.

“It’s fine,” He replied “I just felt funny with you staring at them.”

“How can he not?” Mikey exclaimed “They’re disgusting!”

“They’re not that bad.” He insisted, pulling his foot up to look at it.

“Dude, look at your nails!” Mikey said “Cut them or something, they’re disgusting.”

Gerard got up and sat on the floor in front of the sofa so that he could poke his foot close to Mikey’s face and say ‘Give it a kiss, Mikes, go on, you know you want to! Kiss the foot…kiss the foot and the foot will leave you alone’. I giggled to myself as Mikey pulled a face, wrinkling his nose, sticking his bottom lip out and crossing his eyebrows.

“Go on.” Gerard encouraged.

Mikey wrinkled his nose even more as he briefly kissed the instep of Gerard’s foot.

“You’re so not funny, Gee.” He said, spitting into his palm and wiping his lips obsessively.

“So why is your friend laughing?” He questioned, gesturing at me.

Mikey looked at me as I tried to stifle my laughter. I shook my head and insisted I hadn’t been laughing while trying not to start again. Mikey snorted in response and started laughing himself. Then Gerard joined in. So I joined in as well.

Just a little filler there. Sorry, I know it was kinda’ boring and probably disappointing. Also, I couldn’t help but notice that a few of you were a teensy bit resentful about the treatment Frank receives from his Father in the previous chapter and, in case you forgot, I felt I should tell you that Frank is eight at the time and they didn’t discover his aspergers until he was ten. Therefore, his parents weren’t aware at the time and his Dad thought he was just being a picky, spoilt brat.