I Will Not Kiss You

Chapter 21

Gerard was waiting by the gate when we left the school. He was sitting up on the wooden frame, swinging his legs and ignoring the fact that everyone was staring at him. He was dressed in black again. He had black drainpipes again but I noticed they were a different pair because they were made of different material. He was also wearing a Misfits t-shirt which I liked because that means he likes them otherwise it would be stupid to wear a Misfits t-shirt. A black leather jacket was slung over his shoulder, which I didn’t like because I don’t like leather. But it could be fake.

Behind us a group of people were chanting ‘Fag’ and I knew it was at Gerard. He didn’t look like he cared because if he cared he would have shouted or looked sad. Someone shoved past in between me and Mikey, pushing me hard.

“Don’t touch me!” I cried automatically.

Mikey asked if I was ok and I said ‘Yes’. He said he was going to touch me and patted my arm, telling me to ignore them. I said ‘I try to anyway’ and he said ‘That’s good’. Ellis was laughing at me in front with his friends. I sighed and Mikey yelled ‘You’re pathetic, y’know that?’ and he just laughed again. Gerard was watching quietly. I wondered what he was thinking. When Ellis kept making fun of us, he got down from the gate and started walking over. Ellis and Brad were doing a crude imitation of me and Mikey. Brad had curled his forefingers and thumbs into circles and was holding them over his eyes like glasses and had his top teeth over his bottom lip so that he looked buck-toothed and Ellis was shuffling around going ‘Don’t touch me. Get off. Get lost. Stop touching me’ in a whiny voice.

Gerard stopped behind them both. All of Ellis’s friends were staring at him. He had his arms folded and his eyebrows raised. Brad and Ellis didn’t see him so they kept on imitating me and Mikey. Gerard cleared his throat so that they would turn around and notice him.

“Hey Fag!” Ellis exclaimed happily “How you doin’, man?”

“Oh great, dude!” Gerard replied.

I knew he was being sarcastic by the tone of his voice and he didn’t look happy to see Ellis at all. Ellis slung an arm round Gerard’s shoulders and grinned up at him.

“Seriously dude,” He said “It’s great to see ya!”

Gerard shrugged his shoulders so that Ellis would let go of him. I guessed Gerard didn’t like Ellis touching him. I know that sometimes people don’t like certain people touching them because they don’t like them.

“So,” Ellis exclaimed “What ya been up to?”

“Oooh not much,” Gerard replied, putting a finger on his chin “I got a hot date tonight and then we’re going back to his place to get wasted. And then, you never know, I might get some hot sexy ass action if I’m lucky.”

All of Ellis’s friends went ‘Ew’ and recoiled away from him, waving their hands stupidly as if they were trying to shoo him. Ellis looked surprised at what Gerard said. I wondered why he was surprised. He knew Gerard was gay so of course he has sex with other men. Maybe he forgot.

“It’s nothing to be proud of you sicko!”

“It isn’t?” Gerard gasped, making his eyes extra wide and his mouth a huge O “I thought getting action meant you were cool! And then you have to brag about it and totally disregard whoever it is you slept with in order to make yourself look good.”

He looked at Carly, Ellis’s girlfriend. She had her eyes narrowed and her eyebrows crossed with her arms folded. Gerard sneered.

“Did you know he tells these guys all about what you two get up to in the bedroom?”

She raised her eyebrows, looking at Ellis with her mouth open.

“How the hell do you know that?” Ellis demanded.

“So it is true?” Carly exclaimed.

Ellis stared at his feet and kicked at a clod of dirt. She turned on her heel and flounced off, tossing her dark brown hair as she did so. Gerard smiled and raised his eyebrows at Ellis. All of the girls in the gang had gone chasing after Carly, leaving Ellis, Brad, Aaron, Jake, Will and Adam. Gerard looked over at me and Mikey.

“C’mon guys, let’s go before I get nasty.” He said.

We both ran over to join him and we all walked out of the gate and made our way down the street…

…”Gerard that was awesome!” Mikey exclaimed as we all entered the Way house “You totally destroyed him!”

Gerard and shrugged and went into the living room, jumping over the sofa so that he landed on it. I followed Mikey and sat on the sofa next to him.

“Seriously,” Mikey continued “That was so kickass!”

“That’s what happens if he wants to pick on my baby brother and his friend.”

“Hey I’m not a baby!” Mikey protested.

“No?” Gerard questioned “You’ll always be my baby bro to me!” He insisted, grabbing Mikey and hugging him.

Mikey wriggled around and protested as Gerard tickled him and snuggled into his neck whilst talking with a silly little voice. I laughed because they looked funny. Mikey was hitting Gerard and shouting ‘Gerroffa me’. Gerard was going ‘Gibbus a kissy, Mikes, c’mon gib your big bro a kiss!’ he then tapped his cheek and said ‘C’mon, right here!’. Mikey rolled his eyes and kissed Gerard’s cheek. I laughed again. They looked funny. Gerard smiled at me before turning towards the TV and switching it on with the remote…

…”Ok. Bye.” Mikey smiled, waving to me.

I waved my fingers and continued up the path. I made sure I left really early so that it was still light. Mikey smiled and closed the door after saying he’d see me tomorrow. I thrust my hands deep into my pockets as I walked.

“Hey, Frank?”

“Mm?” I replied, turning back.

Gerard was following me up the pathway. I walked back towards him so that he didn’t have to walk as far. He stopped in front of me and chewed his lip.

“Um…look, how ‘bout if I take you up on that coffee sometime?”

“What do you mean?” I asked, looking at the pale shade of pink growing across his cheeks.
I know that people normally go red or pink when they’re hot. And Chrissie told me it can also mean you’re embarrassed. I wondered if Gerard was hot. But the weather was quite cold.

“Like, y’know, just hang out and go get a coffee.”

“Oh…you mean like friends?” I questioned.

“Yeah. If you want.”

“Um…”

“Frank says he’d love to!” Mikey yelled from out of the open living room window.

I laughed, looking back at Gerard. He smiled and shrugged his shoulders.

“Yeah, ok,” I said “That’d be nice.”

Le gasp! I know what you’re all thinking: FINALLY. That fight with Ellis served no purpose. I’m just in a beat the bad guy mood. This was a little forced as lolly has been pestering me non-stop =P I give you all permission to kill her =P But you’ll have to face me with a loaded shotgun first! AnyRay: Well, it’s happened. And if you wanna’ find out if it goes well, you know what you have to do!

I’ve also made an important discovery. Crazy Frog – Axel F version is very motivating! Please do not ask unless you are desperate to know.