I Will Not Kiss You

Chapter 30

The estate house Mikey worked at was really big. Mom told me that a rich family live in there and they open up the grounds to the public and let them walk through the woods. They even had a maze and play park made for children. And Mikey told me there's a pet store so I know that he works in the pet store now.

Gerard made a low whistle when he saw the big house. And then he said 'Wow, Mikey sure did pick a good place' and I said 'Haven't you been here before?'. He shook his head and said 'No' and I said 'Oh'. Gerard laughed and parked the car. I could see a big brick building that had the kind of doors a horse stable would have. And I wondered if it was a stable before the rich family changed it. The doors were open and I could see a big courtyard and another big building.

"I think that's the restaurant," Gerard said.

"Mikey said he'd be waiting in the restaurant."

"D'you wanna' go get him?"

So I said 'ok' and got out of the car. I walked through the doors and into the courtyard. There were lamps hanging on the walls to light it up so that people didn't fall over and get hurt. The building in front of me was the restaurant and I could tell because there was a sign saying Duke's horse and carriage restaurant.

There was another little sign on the door that said 'Closed' but I could see people inside. There was a big counter where the workers stood and got cakes and drinks for the customers. I could see Mikey standing behind it with a mug and he was talking to a girl in a green t-shirt and black trousers. She had blonde hair, tied up in a ponytail, and her skin was tanned. She was also very skinny. She looked pretty.

I opened the door and looked in. I was scared that she'd think I was a customer and tell me to go away. Mikey smiled and said 'hey, Frankie!'. So I smiled back and said 'Gerard and I came to get you'. He nodded and smiled, putting his mug down and saying 'thanks, Alice'. The girl smiled and said 'bye, Mikey'. She looked up and smiled at me too but I didn't smile back.

"You ready to go?" Mikey asked.

And I nodded.

Gerard was listening to music when we got back in the car with him. He saw us and said 'hey, Mikes, how'd it go?'.

So Mikey said "It went awesome, they're so nice there and I felt so welcome."

Gerard had a big smile on his face as he nodded and said 'good'. I guessed he was happy that Mikey's first day and night at work had gone well. I was happy about it too because it meant Mikey could keep his job and earn lots of money to buy nice things for himself. . .

. . . "So, what were you and Gerard up to?" Mikey asked, leaning back on Gerard's bed with his hands behind his head.

I noticed he was lying on Sir. Edward Dickens Honeypot and pulled him out from under Mikey because Gerard liked him a lot and I wouldn't like it if someone was lying on something I like a lot. Mikey laughed as I brushed Sir. Edward Dickens Honeypot's faded yellow fur down and sat him up in the corner of the bed.

"Don't tell me he's got you worshipping that thing too!"

"No," I replied "But he likes him a lot and you were lying on him."

"Oh, I suppose. You're too thoughtful, Frankie," Mikey smiled "Not that it's a bad thing."

I took this as a compliment and said 'thank you'.

"So, what were you and my brother doing before I called?" Mikey asked.

And I said "He told me about Sir. Edward Dickens Honeypot. And we talked about some things that I think he wants to keep private-"

Mikey snorted but I don't know why.

"- And he had a cigarette. While he was lighting his cigarette a magazine fell down and he told me it's private and you call it his 'Fag Mag'."

Mikey burst out laughing and called me a 'poor unfortunate soul'. I didn't understand why he said this, so I ignored it.

Mikey had changed his clothes as soon as we got back from his work place because they smelt of animal poop from where he'd been cleaning up and feeding them. He was now wearing a plain black man's vest and a pair of pyjama pants. I was still wearing my clothes because I didn't have anything to change into.

"He's got it so bad for you, Frankie," Mikey said, sitting up "He's smitten over you."

I didn't know what he meant by 'got it bad for you' but I know 'smitten' means you like like someone a lot. I wondered if he meant that Gerard like liked me a lot. But I don't think he does because he doesn't say so. If he like liked me, he would ask me on a date. I know this from watching movies with Mom about people like liking each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy 30th chapter 'I Will Not Kiss You'!!!!

This was just a little filler, I'm afraid! But I updated =]

New fics for you all to check out!

You Don't Seem So Perfect to Me Co-written by Ryter and myself!

The Venom Will Spread, But Still Walk The Dead