I Will Not Kiss You

Chapter 32

Mikey had said I should look nice for Gerard. So I decided to wear my favourite clothes because they're nice. My favourite clothes are my black jeans and my Misfits band t-shirt. My black jeans aren't tight like Gerard's, they're just like jeans most men wear. I also brushed my hair and then ruffled it a little because I liked the way it looked.

Mom laughed when I came downstairs. She was watching tv until I came into the living room and sat down because Gerard said he would come and pick me up.

"Going somewhere special, Frankie?" Mom asked.

"No," I said "Gerard and I are going out for a coffee again, like last time!"

"Oh?"

"Yes. We're going for a coffee and Gerard said maybe we could go to the park."

Mom tilted her head to one side. I went and sat next to her, while I waited for Gerard to come and get me. I wondered if he'd be able to remember the way to Mom's house without me or Mikey to tell him the way.

"Is this a date, Frankie?" Mom asked "Do you like boys?"

"Yes, it is a date," I said "Is it a bad thing that I'm going on a date with Gerard?"

"Of course it isn't, honey," Mom said quietly "I just didn't think you'd be gay."

"I don't know if I'm gay, Mom," I said "I like Gerard a lot, though."

"Well, whatever you are, honey, I'll still love you the same," Mom insisted "Can I give you a hug?"

"Yes."

So I let Mom hug me and hugged her back. She smiled and turned back to watch the tv. Then she said 'You look nice'. And I said 'Thank you' because that was a nice thing to say. Then I watched tv with her too.

And then someone knocked on the door.

Mom looked at me and smiled. Then she got up and went to answer the door before I got up. I followed her into the hall in case it wasn't Gerard and was a bad man who wanted to hurt her. But it was Gerard. He was wearing his tight black jeans and a tight-fitting Iron Maiden t-shirt that showed off his body.

"Hello, there," Mom smiled, looking Gerard up and down "I take it you're Gerard?"

"Yep," He smiled back "Mind if I steal your son for a little while?"

Mom slowly moved her arm and put it around me, still smiling at Gerard.

"By all means, take him," She laughed, gently pushing me forwards.

I smiled and said 'Hello, Gerard'. This made him smile and say 'Hey, Frank, you look nice'. I felt happy because it's nice when people tell you that they like the way you look. So I told Gerard he looked nice too. And he smiled.

"Well, I'll leave you too," Mom smiled "Have fun, Frankie!"

"I'm almost sure I will!" I replied truthfully "Gerard's fun!"

Gerard smiled and laughed and said 'You're a rare breed'. I blinked and told him human is a very common species. Then he laughed and told me he meant that not many people called him fun. And I said 'Oh, I understand'.

"Anyway," He said "We'd best be off! I wanna' get you back by a decent time!"

"Okay," I said "Bye, Mom."

She smiled and said 'Bye, Frankie' and closed the door.

Gerard smiled at me and asked if he could hug me and I said yes and let him hug me. And it made me happy because hugs on dates are a good thing. They always hug on dates in the movies and it's a good thing that makes people happy.

"So, I thought we might go somewhere else, tonight," Gerard laughed "I doubt you'll wanna' hang out where I work, drinking discount coffee, eh?"

"I don't mind!" I said.

"Well, I thought, maybe we could go to Diamonds Rubys and Emeralds, you know it?"

"Yes," I said "I went in there with my Mom and Aunt and cousin when they visited. It's nice and I like the purple walls because purple is a safe colour!"

"Okay, Diamonds Rubys and Emeralds it is!" Gerard smiled.