I Will Not Kiss You

Chapter 8

Donna made my coffee just the way I like it and she let me watch her which was very nice and understanding of her. Mikey and I sat at the kitchen table with our mugs of coffee while Gerard perched on the counter with his mug of coffee. He told me he loves coffee and drinks a lot of it. I said that’s something we have in common. He’d laughed and said he’ll treat me sometime. That means he’ll buy or make me a coffee one day. I know that because Mom treats me when we go out together and she’s in a good mood. If he does ‘treat me’ I hope Mikey can come because I don’t like the idea of being alone with a stranger.

“D’you wanna’ go up in my room Frankie?” Mikey questioned.

“Um…yes please.” I said politely, standing up.

I didn’t know what to do with my coffee cup so I left it on the table. Mikey said I could bring it upstairs, so I did because I haven’t finished it and I’d like to. I followed Mikey out into the hall and up the stairs. He waited patiently as I took my time, travelling along at a snail’s pace. A smile illuminated his face as I followed him slowly.

“This one’s my room!” He said, gesturing to a door on the right.

It was a big white wooden door with a silver push handle. There was a yellow sign on it that said ‘Warning: Hot stuff beyond this point’ in black. I know that means Mikey is the ‘Hot stuff’ which means he’s ‘sexy’. It made me laugh. Mikey smiled himself as he pushed the door open for me. Inside it was blue with posters on the walls. I could see all his favourites up there. The Misfits, Morrissey, Iron Maiden… My feet trekked slowly forwards until I’d dawdled into the middle of the room. His pillow had a coffee stain shaped like Africa on it. He had blue bed sheets to match his walls and there was a desk in the far corner that was very neatly organised. There were three little exercise books in a neat rectangular pile and some pens scattered across the desks surface. I could also see a thick math textbook and a photo frame. Inside was a photo of Mikey at about seven and he was with me. We were both grinning from behind a tower of building blocks. He did the building while I did the planning and decided which block would be best to use. It was the best tower ever! Until a kid called Tommy pushed it over.

“Like it?” He laughed, sitting on his bed.

“It’s awesome.” I said truthfully, looking around.

He smiled and patted the space beside him. So I perched politely next to him, looking up at his bookshelf beside the door. There were lots of books about music and playing bass because he plays bass guitar. We’ve talked about getting a band together at some point because we both play and he insists that I’m a good singer but I don’t believe him. There was a knock at the door and Gerard poked his head round.

“My Mom wants to know if you wanna’ stay for dinner.” He said.

“Me?” I questioned.

“Yeah you.”

“Can I watch her cook?”

“Yeah! She’s not started yet though.”

“But I have to watch her cook!” I explained.

“Ok.” He replied, making his funny face again.

“Confused.” Mikey hissed…

…”Frank does your Mother know you’re here?” Donna asked as I came into the kitchen.

“Um…no.”

“D’you wanna’ call her in case she’s worried?”

“She won’t be,” I replied “She’s not as uptight as Dad and she knows I’m probably with Mikey.”

“But d’you wanna’ call her just in case? I won’t start cooking until you’re back.”

“Ok.”

So I called Mom and told where I was and not to cook me any dinner. Gerard stared at me as I stood with Mikey beside Donna and watched her cook. I didn’t like him staring at me but I didn’t want to say in case it sounded rude. He watched me calmly from his place at the table. I felt very uncomfortable. Mikey noticed and turned to Gerard.

“Stop staring at him Gee!”

“What? I’m not doing anything wrong!”

“Don’t stare at him!”

“But-“

“Don’t stare, Gerard!” Donna ordered.

No one said anything after that. I stayed quiet in case he was angry with me for getting him yelled at. Mikey smiled at me encouragingly as I stared at the food Donna prepared and cooked. I could feel eyes on me again. Gerard was staring at me again.

GOD! Writer’s block, writer’s block! I had it so bad for this that I had to come to an abrupt halt! It kinda’ makes sense but not really!
xsumairux:
Please, honey, if you're not too busy, if you're still alive, if you're not peeling too much rabbits (duh?), if you're not trying to charm some random lions that are passing by...

Well, anyway, what I'm trying to say is that this story is so awsome, it's totally different from the others... I love the way you write, I love what you wrote, I love what is written...

So please, if not for me than do it for yourself... Can we have...

An Update? :mrgreen: Please! :mrgreen:

*Luv luv luv your story... and you too if you want, lol. But anyhoo, I love your story. ::inlove: *
How did you know I charm lions? *AHEM* Um…I was never alive to begin with :-P and I don’t peel rabbit’s ‘cause I’m veggie :-P ‘Cause I’m just so picky! But NO you can’t publicise my terrible habit of charming lions! I’ll be an abomination!