Status: I'm not finishing this.

Summer Wine

chapter six

I waited in the car while Ville ran inside to change. My heart raced and I secretly wanted to leave. It was the butterflies in my stomach from the fear of falling from him again. It's not a bad fear, it's a fear of the unknown and we all have to conquer that.

He came out of his apartment wearing a black suit with a black shirt. He smiled at me as he walked over to the driver side. He got in and looked at me for a second.

"Are you sure you want to go out to eat?" He asked with an unsure look on his face.

"Uh, it doesn't really matter." I smiled.

He cringed, "We could just stay here. I don't want to run into my ex...she works at the only nice place in town."

"Well, that's fine but why didn't you ask before you got dressed up."

He looked down bashfully, "We're going to have a nice dinner here. I'm ordering food and I thought we might eat here."

I smiled from ear to ear.

"Okay!" I said, he got out of the car, walked over to my side and opened the door for me. He held his hand out to help me out of the car and I nearly toppled over thanks to the high heels I wore.

"Whoops!" I said as Ville caught me before I fell.

He laughed, "I gotcha."

He walked me to his apartment and opened the front door for me. He lived somewhere else when we were together. This place was trashed, garbage lay scattered on the floor, there was a pathway through the house, which indicated where he usually went. The living room was cluttered with figurines, movies, porn and empty beer bottles.

"Sorry it's such a mess." He gave me a small smile as he closed the door behind him, then led me further into the house.

"It's okay." I said quietly.

He shrugged his shoulders, "Make yourself at home."

I sat down on the couch, in the most ladylike way, legs crossed. I watched him push a button on the cordless phone base that caused a annoying high pitched noise to ring through the air. He went searching through garbage, magazines and other miscellaneous objects for the source of the sound. He disappeared into the next room, when he reappeared he held the phone to his ear.

He ordered our dinner. I don't know what he ordered, but he ordered it.

"Well, this is awkward." I smiled, he laughed.

~♠~

Ville laughed as he wiped cheese off of his chin. We were sitting side by side in the floor in the middle of his bedroom.

"So, I want some answers." He said before taking a sip of red wine. I'm not much for drinking, but it lifted the tension in the air. I've only drank around Ville and for good reasons. I trust him.

"Ask some questions."

He laughed, "I have plenty."

"Hold on," I said then took the last bite of my food and sat it down on the floor next to me. I took my high heels off, crossed my legs and wrapped a blanket around me.

"Okay, I'm ready." I said, I could feel the warmth flooding around my cold body.

"Did you date while you were in New York?" He asked bluntly.

My eyes got big and I sighed, "No."

He looked taken back. I laughed anxiously.

"Now, I have a hard time believing that such a beautiful woman would have a hard time finding a man."

My cheeks turned pink and I laughed.

"Nope, never one. I got absorbed in my work."

"Oh? What did you do?" He asked, I like talking to him. Unlike many people in my life I actually feel like he's interested in me.

"I was a photographer." I smiled.

"You took pictures for a living?" His eyes were huge.

I laughed, "Yeah, I did photos for Metal Edge."

"Wow, I bet you're rolling in the cash." He said before taking a long swig of wine. He offered me some but I shook my head no.

"Not really."

"Ah, come on. Don't lie." He said as he nudged me with his elbow.

"I'm not!" I shouted, proclaiming my innocence.

"Oh," He said simply.

I leaned my back against the wall and sighed. His apartment smelled weird.

"Okay! It's my turn!" I said, overly excited and peppy. He gave me a weird look then nodded his head yes.

"Okay, how many girls have you slept with since I've been gone?" I asked. It's Ville, and it's been eight years, it wouldn't surprise me if it was a lot.

"I've dated four semi-seriously, slept with many. You're still the only girl I've ever had sex with without using a condom. So don't worry..." He smiled as if he were proud of himself for not doing that with anyone else.

"Okay," I was saddened by him sleeping with so many girls. I don't blame him though...

His eyebrows furrowed, he was in deep thought. "Can we not talk about this?" He asked.

I nodded, "Next question! Did you or did you not think I was coming back?"

The look of deep thought remained on his face. If I know him like I know I know him, he won't tell me. He has a genuine way of keeping things inside, thus leaving me to assume. I've been raised to assume the worst.

"I knew you would." He sighed, "I know you too well. I knew you would or at least I can say that now. I can't make myself completely move on, because I'm still in love with you."

"What?"

He looked down at his feet, "I still love you."

"Why?"

"Because you're the only person I've ever loved. You're the only person who's ever treated me good. I understand why you left...and I forgive you but you have to forgive me. I didn't mean to push any kind of future on you...I just wanted my future to be with you and no one else." He said, his eyes never leaving mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
: ] next one will be nice. I think.